cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy with the item, very disapponted with the seller.

Sorry, another dropshipping thread. Just wondering what (if anything) other buyers would do. I ordered a small item from a seller in the US, it was delivered the next day by my local Walmart. The next day a Fedex tracking number showed up and something was delivered toady somewhere else. So they dropshipped and covered their tracks. I'm sure it's against both ebay and Walmart club membership policies. It's also deceptive. The tracking thing is just dirty. And they did for less than a dollar profit (it's a $4.95 tube of glue I paid $6).

I'm not going to engage with this guy but am wondering if reporting (if possible) would do anything and if feedback should be left. I have only ever left one baddie in 21 years but I think it might be deserved this time. It would be proper, not smarty or angry. What would you do?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Why are you happy with an item you paid more than the retail price for?

If you attempt to return the item to Walmart and make a fuss, they will stop this crook from buying from Walmart online.

You could also report the seller to Ebay.

This rotten seller could be anywhere in the world. There are people training sellers to do this in Turkey and other economically troubled countries.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Reporting to eBay will likely do nothing. If WalMart is anything like Amazon you'll get far more traction reporting to them that the seller is abusing his WalMart account. Amazon will revoke someone's Prime membership in a heartbeat if someone is reported; I suspect WalMart may be the same. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

It does break eBay rules to hand off an order to another seller.  Drop shipping is allowed but, the seller has to use a real drop ship service.  Not wally or the river.

I don't think that rises to the level of a NEG.  As long as you received your item I would let it go.   A NEG is for when a seller won't take care of an issue I feel.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

If you got the item you ordered, at the price you agreed to pay, and it arrived next day, why would you leave a negative? I can see that it may be against Ebay policies but, to me, the seller fulfilled his obligation to you.  With no fuss to you. If they assigned shipping to your order that was delivered somewhere else, then that is useless for covering their tracks, as it wouldn't protect them from you claiming that you didn't receive the item.

I would let it go. Can you explain why it bothers you?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the replies. It just bugs me when people cheat the system and use deceitful listings. It probably cheats Walmart the most (to get free "shipping") but they also involved ebay and fedex driving up prices for everyone. Certainly ebay loses more than a few buyers that are opposed to buying from certain big retailers, especially Wally and Prime. I guess it's not a big deal, it just bugs me when sellers are so shady for literally less than a dollar profit.

Yes, happy with the item, a tube of shoe glue. Saved a trip to the store. When I do go there next I might take in the shipping label for them, I assume the seller info is in the barcode...

20230917_014842.jpg

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@annadryl 

You can leave a well worded factual neutral feedback pointing out the violation.

You can also report the seller:

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

Select "The seller has violated one of eBay’s policies"

Click "other" and provide the details.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

If you got the item you ordered, at the price you agreed to pay, and it arrived next day, why would you leave a negative?

This argument has been the traditional defense of sellers who lack a real business and any business ethics.

It translates to "if you were stupid enough to overpay, why should you hold a slimy businessman accountable for taking advantage of you".

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

If you got the item you ordered, at the price you agreed to pay, and it arrived next day, why would you leave a negative?

This argument has been the traditional defense of sellers who lack a real business and any business ethics.

It translates to "if you were stupid enough to overpay, why should you hold a slimy businessman accountable for taking advantage of you".

The US economy is founded on the principle of selling things for more than you pay for them. And price fixing is illegal. So yes, it's incumbent on everyone to research prices. It's not kosher to break eBay policy, but selling something at a profit doesn't necessarily make a businessman 'slimy'.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

The seller should not be giving out your name and address to Walmart.

Curious, does the ship from  location  match the listing description item location?

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply