cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! I FOUND AN EBAY ITEM LISTED ON WORTHPOINT AND I NEED TO FIND THE ITEM/SELLER!!

HELP!

I'm sure someone here is familiar with the  Worthpoint site and might be able to help me. I found a VERY specific item that was linked to eBay on the Worthpoint site and I can't access any of its information (due to my hesitance to even start a free trial on Worthpoint because I heard they keep billing you regardless of cancellation and I think they don't provide the item seller's account). Thankfully, they provided product images and I can provide them to whomever can help me find the specific item and seller. I'd be beyond grateful to anyone that can help me locate this product! Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

HELP! I FOUND AN EBAY ITEM LISTED ON WORTHPOINT AND I NEED TO FIND THE ITEM/SELLER!!

You will need to search eBay for the item.

Go to search on the main page 

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 33
latest reply

@hwrk6195 

In my experience, Worthpoint, and other similar sites, can keep these photos and descriptions for years.  eBay purges in 90 days. 
There is a chance this item was sold ages ago. Have you looked through eBay's completed listings for this item?

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Use the title as it appears on the Worthpoint listing -- copy that title and use it to search current listings on eBay.

If no current listings appear, try searching completed listings.

If no current or completed listings appear, the item may have sold or ended more than ninety days ago, in which case you may have a hard time finding any more information, unless you are able to find a cached version of the listing using Google or another search engine.

If you can discover the seller's eBay username, you can try contacting the seller to ask if the item is still available.

Otherwise, try variations of the item title to see if similar items are still listed on eBay.

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

This could be a dumb question, but have you actually done a search for this item on eBay?

And this is not one of those circumstances where a buyer is told the item is listed on eBay when it's actually not? 

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Haha... nothing like being in the right place at the right time.

I, too, shied away from Worthpoint's Free Trial just yesterday. Luckily, one image (of what I searched for) was shown on another site and I viewed it, no problem. I wonder if the one you found on eBay has already sold. 🤔

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

@hwrk6195 ,

The only way to find the seller of that item is if it ended within the last 90 days on eBay. Do a search for the title on eBay, and change the filter to show completed items. Lots of completed items don't show up in this search, so this is not very reliable, unfortunately.

Worthpoint won't tell you the seller's ID, even if you have a paid account with them.

You can search for the title on Terapeak, they can show records of listings sold within the last 365 days, so if it was sold in the last year, you could find it there, but you can't get the seller's user ID that way unless the listing ended within the last 90 days.

You need a selling account to access Terapeak (eBay's research tool). If you post the title of the listing here, someone can check Terapeak for you and let you know if it was within the last year, or older than that.

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

you can take the image and run it thru an easy program to find out where else its being used

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 8 of 33
latest reply

That site gives the sold for auction price so, the item is already sold.

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Thanks but I already tried (numerous times with different wording). I appreciate the help

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Thanks for the response, but I'm not sure exactly what "completed listings" is or how to specifically find it if I'm being totally honest

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've done exactly that numerous times (even including the  product photos in the "search via photo" option in the eBay app. Also, I'm not sure what or how to find "completed listings" tbh

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

That's a totally fair question, and yes I have searched directly on eBay with both the exact name on Worthpoint and variations of it. As far as I can tell it's not one of those false listing situations

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Thanks for the response, but I'm not sure exactly what "completed listings" is or how to specifically find it if I'm being totally honest

If you are searching using a desktop browser, from the search results page, scroll down the left side of the page to see various filters. Near the bottom of the page you should see these options:

eburtonlab_0-1635731350008.png

You can select "sold" or "completed" items to see items that have sold in the last ninety days, or items that have ended in the last ninety days whether they have sold or not.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Do you happen to know the name of the other site you find the image(s) on? Also, I don't even know if it's been sold as I'm not willing to go through the trial and I can't find it on eBay. I think worthpoint also shows products still for sale, not just sold items

Message 15 of 33
latest reply