cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Program box checked by seller, but doesn't show in item description

The seller that I'm looking at has two simular items, one is "open box" for $450 and the other "new" for $500. He checked boxes on both items to allow Global Shipping Program. On the "open box" item GSP shows clearly, but on the "new" item I'm confronted with "This item will ship to Philippines, but the seller has not specified shipping options. Contact the seller- opens in a new window or tab and request a shipping method to your location." We're both baffled by this. I'd rather have the "new" item, and GSP is how I want it shipped. I want all the customs issues dealt with so the item is delivered right to my door.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Global Shipping Program box checked by seller, but doesn't show in item description

Are you saying that the NEW item isn't listed as the GSP program being used?

You are shown as registered in the US, why are you concerned about shipping to the Philippines? 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Re: Global Shipping Program box checked by seller, but doesn't show in item description

The "open box" item is 163788182896 and the "new" item is 163809773411. The "new" item doesn't show GSP even though seller says he checked the box.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I look using firefox, signed in to ebay, and using edge, not signed in to ebay. Same result with both browsers.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@tvr-guy wrote:

The "open box" item is 163788182896 and the "new" item is 163809773411. The "new" item doesn't show GSP even though seller says he checked the box.

I didn't see anything about the GSP program on either listing.  I did see the Fast & Free thing though.

You still haven't said if you are in the US or the Philippines.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

You need to select Philippines as destination. I'm in Philippines.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@tvr-guy,

You are right the seller hasn't linked the new in box item to the GSP.  It does not show up when I switched the destination to the Philippines.  I would message them back and tell them you see this message; "This item will ship to Philippines, but the seller has not specified shipping options. Contact the seller and request a shipping method to your location".  when you selected the Philippines as the destination country.  They made a mistake somehow when listing the item.

"I'd rather have the "new" item, and GSP is how I want it shipped. I want all the customs issues dealt with so the item is delivered right to my door."

If you are in the service or working for the U.S. Govt. and stationed in the Philippines are you sure you have to pay any customs fees?  When I was stationed at Subi I never did, but Marcos was running the country back then.  You may want to check that out before paying fees you do not have to. Even if you work for a business over there, as a U.S. citizen you may not be responsible for any customs fees.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

When I was stationed at Subi I never did, but Marcos was running the country back then.

Well, he probably didn't want his wife to pay customs fees for all of those shoes ..............

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@tvr-guy wrote:

You need to select Philippines as destination. I'm in Philippines.

So why does your feedback page show you as registered in the USA?

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

It shows that I'm registered in the US because I registered in the US. Why is that an issue for you?

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@tvr-guy wrote:

It shows that I'm registered in the US because I registered in the US. Why is that an issue for you?

I'm trying to understand why you would be concerned with GPS shipping.  I assume that although registered in the US, you are not located there or you are planning to have your purchase shipped to someone in the Philippines.  Basically, it's just curiosity.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@tvr-guyeBay Money Back Guarantee. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#description @tvr-guy wrote:

Not all items are eligible to be shipped to all countries using the GSP. Both of those items have GSP shipping available on them, but for some reason, the "new" item can't be shipped through GSP to the Phillipines. It can be shipped with GSP to some other countries, for example Canada. 

The price difference is small, but it's possible that the new item exceeds a price threshold for overall transaction risk, I suppose. GSP doesn't publish their reasons for why some items can't be shipped to particular countries, but it usually has to do with either import eligibility (often affects organic materials like wood for example, or used automotive parts which have a hazardous materials risk) or financial risk.

If you are located in the Phillipines, then you are supposed to have your correct location in your eBay registration information. You can have shipping addresses in other countries, but your registration address is supposed to be where you actually are located. The address that shows on your eBay feedback page is your primary shipping address which appears to be in the USA. You can have any purchase shipped to any shipping address you want, as long as the seller will ship there. So this is really a moot point.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

An eBay page says the limit for Philippines is $500, so the $499 item should have been ok. I did a little research. I selected Philippines as the destination and searched for nikon digital camera, knowing that I'd get a bunch of hits. Then I searched (using the firefox search) for "customs", found a camera for less than $450 that allowed GSP and another for more than $450 that didn't allow. My conclusion is that the break point is $450, and not $500. The tablet is a gift for a Filipino, so I sent it to my Oregon address. I'll have to figure out another way to get it to the Philippines.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

That's interesting. Thanks for letting us know about your additional research and what you found out.

It's possible that the price limit includes the cost of shipping, which would have put the higher one over the published limit. 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I don't have the link handy, but an ebay site says that the limit is based only on the item price, excluding all shipping and duty charges.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply