cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent listing - photo is of other items

The item is number and the photo shows a picture of fabrics you WILL NOT GET.   Read the description.  How is this allowed?

The reporting page was not working and could not find a way to report the seller.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Fraudulent listing - photo is of other items

Did you read the full description?  Seems clear to me that you'd be getting something similar to the picture but "unique" means none are the same.  And since there are more than 10 lots, none will exactly match the picture.  And the Report Item link worked for me,  took me to the report item page.

The fabrics are one of a kind and are chosen from a huge pile of strike offs, samples from our batik facility, and more. There is the possibility for the inclusion of Artisan Batiks. The fabrics in the photo are representative of the assortment you will receive in terms of color story and/or theme. You will NOT receive the exact fabrics in this photo.

I bought these and the quality of fabrics in the picture were no where near the ones I received. 

If I can sell an item with a photo of nice things and send something of inferior quality, that is not right.  There is NO reason other than LAZINESS for not taking of photo of EXACTLY what you are selling.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

That is known as BAIT and SWITCH

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@flushtheturdnov3rd wrote:

I bought these and the quality of fabrics in the picture were no where near the ones I received. 

If I can sell an item with a photo of nice things and send something of inferior quality, that is not right.  There is NO reason other than LAZINESS for not taking of photo of EXACTLY what you are selling.

@flushtheturdnov3rd  is reporting eBay violations (maybe) on the boards. Which is a board violation.

or maybe the OP's user ID tells the whole story.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply