cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flag Second Party Sellers PLEASE

eBay needs to put a FLAG on Sellers that don't own what they sell.  Over and Over I get well the warehouse caused the delay, the warehouse ran out and didn't tell us, the warehouse couldn't ship on a weekend... I DON'T BLEEDIN CARE ABOUT IT.  If a seller doesn't stock his merch then he should be listed as a middle man and not an active seller.  I am so tired of not getting my orders at all or late late late.  I'm taking absolutely no pity on any non-stocking dealers.  eBay needs to flag them so we know who we're buying from. The Warehouse needs to be the seller.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Flag Second Party Sellers PLEASE

Your point is that as a buyer I am supposed to take my time to research potential sellers before making purchases?  Is that it?  Ok, well if I go buy at Amazon I avoid all of that and still have a merchandise guarantee.  Over the time I've been here I've purchased thousands of dollars of merchandise and had few problems until recently and the most recent sellers that i bought from don't ship at all because they never had the merchandise. Not my problem except I don't have what I wanted to buy.  Ebay always refunds like a trip hammer.. No problem with eBay.. CEPT they know who the drop shippers are because they make the refunds and they should nip them in the bud. 

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Amazon suffers from the identical problem with foreign sellers dropshipping from Walmart, Sams and Costco among other sites, and relies upon the number of buyer complaints to decide whether to take any action against the sellers.

If you buy solely from Amazon itself or FBA you can avoid dropshippers.

When you buy merchant fulfilled items on Amazon you need to make an effort to check out the seller, just as you do on Ebay.

This problem has grown as the economic climate in many countries has deteriorated and desperate sellers are thrilled with small profits in dollars they can make dropshipping.

Usually, the prices on dropshipped products are too high and an experienced shopper never considers those offers, but lots of folks never enter a store and never know when they are being taken advantage of.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Greetings @tdebuys ,

I understand that you are frustrated with dropshippers, we all are. Ebay won't do anything about these sellers, especially if they are from China. Apparently they make tons of money from them. Also note that many sellers who own their products don't ship on weekends.
You stated that you don't have time and that it's not your job to vet sellers. But it should be, and it doesn't take much time.

Myself, when I decide to purchase an item I want to know who I'm giving my money to. And everything is there, right next to their photo.
   I look at where they're located.
   I look at their feedback, if it's less than 99% I want to know why.
   I check out the shipping details - the estimated delivery date to my zip code, and their handling time.
   And if I'm really unsure I may check their 'about' link to see where they are actually located.

Usually you can find everything you need to know about a seller in less then one minute. And I don't think you buy blindly, I just think you made a few bad choices lately.

Anyway, good luck to you with future purchases, friend. (Oops, scratch "friend", that's what Chinese sellers always say!)

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

BBE would root out and boot these sellers off eBay.  I recently had a seller cancel my best offer which they accepted, then cancelled my purchase for ??  I have my ideas, but because I wanted the items I am now extremely disappointed.  

This was a bad buyer experience for me.  BBE

Then the seller claimed it was the buyer (me) who requested the cancellation. 

So not true! I wanted the items,  I wouldn't cancel them!

The seller is claiming the buyer requested it so as not to receive the defect they so rightly deserve.  I know they lied, and they know I know they lied.

Buyer-requested cancellations should only be available when the buyer requests/agrees to it and not simply an option a seller can use to avoid defects.

So, if/when BBE is implemented on the US site I can see it reducing these bad sellers and improving the buyer experience. 

Get rid of bad sellers now, they are hurting sales for the rest of us.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

So eBay guarantees the sales of a 97% feedback rated seller and I should worry about them????  If eBay is going to guarantee them that means I will get my money back which is GREAT.    I wouldn't have a gripe if I didn't "NEED" the Merchandise.  I was buying health maintenance consumables and need them when I buy them.  I just take exception with the fact you shouldn't buy from a 97% feedback seller because a few picky buyers giving someone negatives for stupid things can wreck the feedback number.  Feedback means virtually nothing and since you can't give a buyer negative feedback it means even less.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

I agree... some things need fixing.. but not just dropshippers...

I ordered a record album last Tuesday (December 26).  I DID check the handling time on it (4 days), so figured the seller was off on vacation or something.

BUT he has a best offer on it... I submitted 2 offers. Heard nothing. I asked a question about what their best price would be. Nothing.

They created a shipping  label this past Tuesday (January 2), but still hasn't been sent out. At least there is no acceptance scan.

Projected delivery date is next Thursday the 11th. Not happy with that, but what can I do? 

This appears to be a seller with items in hand. Great feedback, too.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply