cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filters in Memory (RAM) don't seem to work?

Computer Memory (RAM) is something that can be fairly particular about compatibility, so it's important to have exact specifications. I noticed that while browsing the eBay store for Memory (RAM), it appears that several specific property filters don't work.

For example, if I try to filter the Form Factor to DIMM, I'm still seeing laptop SO-DIMM items in my results. Additionally, if I specify Capacity per Module, I still see listings with different values. I know this isn't a case of people putting in incorrect information, because I can verify on the listings themselves that the information does not match what ought to be filtered.

As an aside, it also seems that on the Website, the All filters window does not show the same information that the other filters options show. For example, in this screenshot, you can see that I have eight filters applied:

filt1.png

However, the All filters window does not reflect that:

filt2.png

It would be super helpful to me as a buyer if the filtering worked correctly!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Filters in Memory (RAM) don't seem to work?

You are welcome -- I agree that the filters do not seem to be working correctly in that case, although it is not clear exactly why.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What browser are you using?

Those filters seem to be working for me in Firefox:

eburtonlab_0-1626811593071.png

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I'm also using Firefox 90. I tried restarting it in "Safe Mode" (all extensions/customizations disabled) and verified that I was still seeing this behavior. Can you please verify that after clicking Apply, the filters remain checked if you reopen the All filters window? Can you also verify that listings are being correctly filtered from your results?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The results I see look reasonable to me, but I have not checked them all.

I did spot one SODIMM pair at the top of the results -- not sure if that is because the seller used the wrong part number or item-specifics, or it was a sponsored listing, or just a glitch.

Looking closer there are some 2x2GB results, and 4x1GB result that should not be there.

Here are the results I see using seven filters (not sure what your eighth filter was):

https://www.ebay.com/sch/170083/i.html?_dcat=170083&_fsrp=1&rt=nc&_from=R40&Form%2520Factor=DIMM&_nk...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for looking in that further! I think you're seeing what I'm seeing, too. I drilled down into a listing to verify that the specifics indeed should've had it filtered out, but was not. I think eBay's filtering system may need some work. In the mean time, I appreciate the tip on using exclusions in the search terms, thanks!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You are welcome -- I agree that the filters do not seem to be working correctly in that case, although it is not clear exactly why.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply