cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Carson city Morgan dollar

I've purchased a Carson city Morgan dollar from a person that first assured me it was real then its supposed to be delivered today and out of nowhere the person messages me saying the warehouse sent the wrong goods and they would resend. I'm pretty sure I'm getting scared what do I do to get my money back 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

ALL new eBay buyers, as well as sellers, need to read the Money Back Guarantee, preferably BEFORE they begin buying or selling here.  It actually offers very good protection when used correctly and in a timely fashion.

In the listing for the item you bought, you saw an estimated date of delivery.  If/when your item has not arrived by that date, you can open an item not received case with eBay and you have 30 days after that EDD to do so.

Go to the item in your Purchase History.  Select "did not receive item".  Wait 96 hours to either hear from the seller or to receive your purchase.  If that does not happen, go back to the case and ask eBay to step in.  You will be refunded, usually within a few days.  The refund goes back to your funding source.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@bo_57344,

The info about reading the terms and time frames for using the Money Back Guarantee (MBG) posted earlier is a great suggestion.

If you open the listing you bought from in your purchase history and look in the upper right of the box with the item specifics in it you will see,  the ebay item number copy and paste it to a reply to this topic.  There is something in what you wrote that makes me think you have bought from a scammer.  So to give you good advice on what to do, we need to see the listing.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You wait one day past the last given delivery date, if it's not arrived you file an item not received case.  If it does arrive, take it to a dealer to make sure it's real. If not, file an item not described case.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

One day after "estimated date of delivery" on item sold you open a claim "item not received".

Sounds like your not getting anything..."saying the warehouse sent me the wrong goods".

Seller should have item to sell  to begin with...what if photos are not of the seller of item sold?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply