cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated delivery date keeps changing.

I know I'm probably just ranting, but what is the purpose of an estimated delivery date, if the date keeps changing all the time? It might as well be Estimated Delivery Date: Whenever.  Last week I bought an item with "Estimated delivery: May 12 - May 14". So today I go to check the status and it says  "Estimated delivery Tue, May 19". It was just shipped today. The delay is not a big deal, but it's hard to know when something will be arriving when the estimated date keeps changing. And I don't think the pandemic has anything to do with it. I ordered eight other items at the same time, with the same estimated delivery date, and seven of them arrived early, and one arrived  on time, by the original given date.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Estimated delivery date keeps changing.

@paradiso*bella*a*venire wrote:

I just had the EDD change on mine again  too...apparently seller is voiding the shipping label and using a new one to make EDD further out

@paradiso*bella*a*venire 

eBay's estimated delivery dates are not influenced by when sellers print mailing labels. There is no correlation between the two.

Delivery date options for buyers 

Estimated delivery dates are based on:

• Handling time: Sellers set their handling time. This can range from the same working day, to up to 30 business days from when they receive payment
  • Shipping or courier services: Delivery times can vary depending on which service is used. Most sellers offer a variety of delivery options, so you can choose the service you prefer when you’re checking out
  • Cleared payment: If you’re using a payment method such as a bank transfer, where the money isn’t available to the seller immediately, the seller may wait until the payment is in their account before they send your item
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

I made a purchase on May 2. I received a shipped tracking # on the 4th. The item still has not been shipped. The seller first told me this... " As mentioned before that there is some delay since the shipping company is very busy and COVID-19 recently." The shipper is FedEx and they told me that the package is not in their possession. That was on May 7. I contacted the seller again on May 11 the package still not picked up, he told me this... "As mentioned before that there is some delay since the shipping company is very busy and COVID-19 recently. We have repushed the shipping for you.Hope you can wait it more patience."

On May 12 I contacted the seller again, package still sitting, his reply was... "We can totally understand your concern and always here do our best to delivering your orders. Due to the COVID-19 and large volume orders, people need more time to handle your package in the carrier center. Can you please expand the deadline for several days? Say, another 5 working days? We will provide you the solution if there is still no tracking information updated.

Today is May 14, ten days after I received my tracking order. **bleep**??? I ordered the same item from them in April and received it 6 days later, I had no problem with that. I liked the item so much that I ordered it again, but was not expecting the shipping S.N.A.F.U.

I can only hope to get my item before the end of the month. Geeze!!

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Except that list clearly doesn't cover everything that determines estimated delivery since we all know the amount of time a seller usually takes to ship can out weight a handling time 

I do think it could have a lot to do with eBay giving a overzealous estimate that gets changed when a label is printed   

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

Maybe yours but not mine. Read my post. My EDD is not based on my handling time.
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

Here is another one that bothers me.

Original date when I ordered:

Est. delivery: May 15 – May 16 USPS Priority Mail

After I ordered, no mention of May 15

Estimated delivery date: Sat, May 16

It arrived today, by FedEx ground service.

Arrived Mon, May 18 FedEx Ground

Why does eBay allow sellers to list a 2 day shipping method, and then ship using a completely different shipper with 5 day ground service? That is just dishonest. I paid for 2 day USPS Priority Mail shipping, not 5 day ground shipping. I know what they would say if I complained. Oh, it's the pandemic. COVID-19 is messing everything up. Yeah, right.

In this case, I gave the seller the usual positive feedback, but I also checked that, no it did not arrive on time, and I gave them 1 star on shipping time. I hope eBay dings the seller for it, but I know they won't, because they don't care, or they wouldn't let sellers get away with this **bleep**.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Same problem here. I chatted yesterday with eBay and expressed my frustration with giving buyers an unrealistic delivery date. The expected delivery date on one of packages that was going from OK to CA was 4 business days and my handling time was 3 business days. They are completely ignoring the stated handling time and using the overly optimistic algorithms to predict when you might ship based on history. It’s a common problem and it is not helpful to the buyer — most people want their packages to arrive earlier than expected not later.. so why set them up for frustration and the seller for apparent failure?! 

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Rant away. I have an item that has been sitting in Global shipping Program since

• Jul 16, 2020
  • 2:17pm
  • Arrived at the Global Shipping Center - , KY 41018

My Estimated delivery Thu, Jul 23 - Tue, Jul 28 to Canada is not looking good.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

I would guess the shipper is to blame.  And I understand.  I bought some boxes that the delivery date keeps getting extended. I cannot even open a dispute because they change the date before it becomes late.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 23 of 27
latest reply

I'm so glad that you "get" my original post.  Answers like..... " Well alright then, if you say so    dont know what else to tell you since you know it as fact" ....  are meaningless and unnecessary.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@guybemis wrote:

@paradiso*bella*a*venire wrote:

The first estimated delivery date you seen was when the seller printed the label...the second you seen was given when the item was actually shipped

Ebay is allowing sellers more time to get orders shipped because of the covid situation because not everyone can get out as often as they usually could before the virus, AND a lot of places are either closed and/or short staffed so some offices have closed where a seller normally wouldve taken their packages to be shipped, The seller finds they have to go further out for this

I just had an item change EDD. The item  was to arrive today  according to the original EDD, but as soon as it had actually been shipped, the EDD changed. Thats ebay giving sellers more time, which is a great thing, I think.

Okay, I just want them to give me an accurate  delivery estimation, when I order the item. If the item is going to be in transit for seven days, and the seller is not even going drop it at the shipper for five days, it's not going to get to the buyer in 5 - 7 days, even if there was no pandemic going on. This is not rocket science. It's 2nd grade math. Any 2nd grader who gets at least a C in math, could tell you that that math just doesn't add up. 

Owing to the current situation caused by the fires on the west coast, it is probable that they cannot give you a more accurate delivery date estimate.  Since the situation is a fluid, one it is not likely that anyone, not even a second grader, will be able to calculate what you are demanding under the current conditions.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 25 of 27
latest reply

I bought an item on march 6th from a seller it's an Xbox one and I paid for it but when I talked to the seller he said he's waiting on my funds and i talked to him about 2 weeks ago and on my side of paypal it said it went through and the estimate delivery changed twice now what can I do?

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

I also find it unethical especially when there is a recieve by date when you decide to purchase which is why you chose the seller over others. Ebay has fallen down the gutter. They allow drop shipping from China so when you think you're buying from a US seller you're not thus taking the package over 14 days to arrive. This is unacceptable and I will be going on to Amazon eBay is done for me. 

Message 27 of 27
latest reply