cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay seller is terrorozing me outside of Ebay

I bought a phone from an ebay seller.

When it arrived, the carrier told me the IMEI is blocked due to a "stolen" record on this IMEI and it may never be unlocked. This was T-mobile.

I told the seller as much and started a return.

The seller claimed to not know anything and ebay had to force the return, consequentially, i left a negative feedback.

The seller then went on to look me up and started leaving irrelevant negative reviews on google, for a company i work for. Totally unrelated to me, the company, their business or anything else, some are just random comments with a 1 star.

So far he has left a dozen such reviews from various fake accounts or aliases. Needless to say, this has put the company and me in a difficult situation having to deal with this. 

When i asked him to stop or remove these malicious reviews he said that if i dont remove my negative feedback he will continue doing this along with another threat to me along the same lines. 

I have contacted google, but they will not remove them and so far i have not gotten any resolution with escalating it with google, from what others in similar situations have reported (in some cases small business are held for ransom in this way), google rarely if ever takes action on this type of thing. 

Does anyone have any advice on what to do here? I did not save the inbound or return labels and really did not note the sellers name or address so i am out of luck on that in trying to get some kind of legal action. Unless there is a way to get that from Ebay? 

Any advice is welcome. 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Ebay seller is terrorozing me outside of Ebay

I can't imagine ebay would want to get involved in this. I have heard of companies successfully suing for malicious reviews. They may want to look at a civil suit against this person. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Yes, it is clear ebay will not get involved other than giving the seller a warning for the language in his ebay messages to me, which the did and which likely throttled this person even further into rage. 

Legal action, but would ebay divulge the information to their corporate lawyers? i am worried that this will harm me further if this person goes even more into a rage binge. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

My understanding is that eBay only reveals the personal information of its users if it receives a court order to do so. This is an industry standard position to protect member privacy. I'm sorry you ran into this. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

So, at this point .....................  what is more important to you?

Your principals?

The pound of flesh negative?

Your job?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@4x5shooter 

< carrier told me the IMEI is blocked due to a "stolen" record on this IMEI ... seller claimed to not know anything >  

Is it possible that the seller didn't know, and was a victim of circumstance too?  I'm not taking his side here; I just wonder if it's possible.  Then you flamed him in feedback, and now he's paying you back tenfold. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

At this point, i am worried that even if i pull the negative review, this crazy acting person will just continue, either way there is no incentive for them to stop or remove their malicious feedback. 

My goal is to make them stop and have the reviews on the company removed, that is the only goal.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Civil action will be your only method to stop this person. They are obviously on a rampage and may continue indefinitely. However, there are many ways to get that person's full name and details. An attorney has access to ways that individuals do not. I have successfully sued and won three separate lawsuits where I had very little actual info on the people, but my attorney ended up finding out every detail of who they were. It's amazing what they can find out. Even the T-Mobile account will have all relevant info on them. If you and/or your company are serious about stopping this than get yourselves an attorney and go from there. You will win and be able to stop this person. Best of luck to you....

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Are you saying this is a reasonable response to a negative feedback?

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

If you used paypal, get the name on the transaction, then use the city and state from the listing and do a google search.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Ebay is the payment processor, so a payee name will always be Ebay. In any case, i do not have any way to find this persons name short of legal action, as it seems. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

have someone you know buy something cheap from them.

then you have their info from label.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Thats fine advice, i am just worried about subjecting any other person to this seller, as any buyer, even a guest, would have to disclose at least the name of the payment card or account holder in the new ebay payment processing system 😞

Is there another way to buy something annonymously?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@4x5shooter wrote:

Are you saying this is a reasonable response to a negative feedback?

No, I'm not saying that.  I thought what I said was pretty easy to understand. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply