cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's new shipping policy is horrible!

I bought an item that ships USPS priority international. Takes 10 days and I paid $25 shipping for a tiny item. It was sent DHL. It is currently is South America. I live in Europe. Seller is in the US. It's been 2 months now. It left Peru 2 weeks ago with no update. The seller said it can take up to 6 months to receive mail from the US. Well, I've been on this site for decades, and that is news to me. I wrote a negative review and it was deleted. What is the point of reviews? Well, I contacted CS and they said the shipping method and delivery dates only refer to the seller sending the item to EBAY, not to me. 

So they said, as per their new policy, all shipping methods and times only refer to the seller to ebay's warehouse. After that, it is 6 months. Who will use ebay anymore? China could sell me the item for 5% the cost, with free shipping! And get it to me in less than a month. 

What do you all think of this new policy?

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

First of all, to the best of my knowledge, there is not an eBay warehouse.

Secondly, there was, I believe, an estimated delivery date when you made that purchase.

If/when that item was overdue by more than a few days, you had 30 days to open an item not received case.

Have you not read eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers? 

Message 2 of 71
latest reply

I am unsure if its policy

it sounds like the customer rep is making things up as they are well know for spewing falsehoods

@uns_ist_in_alten_maeren 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 71
latest reply

Never heard of this new policy. 

I dont think it exists.

I cant figure out how a package from the US is now in Peru going to Europe.

Priority USPS would not go DHL

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 4 of 71
latest reply

With International shipments, it is very difficult to gauge shipping times and you should make all of your customers aware of that. Some countries are faster than others but still no guarantee. Customs can hold items for many reasons.

On a side note, if you were shipping something small, my suggestion is using a Flat Rate USPS box to ship in. Rates start around the $8 range and they offer small, medium and large options. Of course Ebay will calculate the customers shipping on top of that but you will not have to deal with that part. As long as you enter the dimensions correctly, it is quite simple. Shipping times are not unfortunately. 

Message 5 of 71
latest reply

I'm assuming you bought from a US seller, correct? 

If so, sounds like that seller used Global Shipping and therefore, they ship it to Kentucky (ebay international shipping warehouse using USPS Priority) and then GS ships it to you (repackage using DHL). GS either made a mistake or DHL did what even US Post Office sometimes does and send a package to visit states 2000 miles out of the way before the item finally finds the buyer 3 weeks later. Not normal and not common; but it does happen.

Message 6 of 71
latest reply

@chevymontecarlo88 wrote:

With International shipments, it is very difficult to gauge shipping times and you should make all of your customers aware of that. Some countries are faster than others but still no guarantee. Customs can hold items for many reasons.

On a side note, if you were shipping something small, my suggestion is using a Flat Rate USPS box to ship in. Rates start around the $8 range and they offer small, medium and large options. Of course Ebay will calculate the customers shipping on top of that but you will not have to deal with that part. As long as you enter the dimensions correctly, it is quite simple. Shipping times are not unfortunately. 

OP is the buyer, so not sure how any of this applies.

Message 7 of 71
latest reply

There is no new policy.

The expected delivery date in the listing or order details are to your address. Not to some eBay address or to a warehouse.

There are no eBay warehouses.

However, some items you buy may go to an eBay authenticator if authenticity was guaranteed by eBay, and then forwarded to you.

There is never a reason an item should take 3-6 months to deliver. Some carriers are slow but not that slow. If you're given a very long delivery date the seller has given eBay an extended handling time.

If delivery is longer than 60 days in a listing you should find a seller that ships expedited shipping with delivery sooner than 60 days.

If shipping is longer than 6 months you have no protection if it doesn't arrive. PayPal payments give you the longest protection and it expires after 180 days.

Message 8 of 71
latest reply

@soh.maryl 

Not the new policy. No, it was delivered. Within a few days of it being shipped. 

Message 9 of 71
latest reply

@1tuna 

Do they? Wow. That does not sound good. Luckily I have not had much need to contact them. They did help me once...

The odd thing is, the idem arrived in my county almost a month ago, and then went to South America! Why?

Message 10 of 71
latest reply

@klhmdg 

Well, it went USPS Priority International from the US seller, to ebay's warehouse, then went DHL, to my country, and then went to Peru! I don't know what it going on. But I needed it for a time sensitive baby delivery. The items will arrive after birth...

Message 11 of 71
latest reply

It was delivered within a few days of having been shipped?

Then I do not understand your original post where you state "It's been two months now."

Are you talking about the same shipment?

And, again, emphasizing, there is no eBay warehouse.  A seller, or sellers, may have warehouses, but eBay has none.  

Message 12 of 71
latest reply

@uns_ist_in_alten_maeren 

That makes no sense. 

There is no eBay warehouse, unless you are talking about a GSP shipment. 

Then they might send it DHL but it went to your country SO why did it not go to you?

No reason for it to go to Peru ...

There is more here that doesnt add up.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 13 of 71
latest reply

@chevymontecarlo88 

I buy things from the US all the time. Usually affordable and fast. This new ebay shipping program needs to be scrapped. 

Message 14 of 71
latest reply

Will have to give up here.  OP has offered what seems like contradictory information.

Hard to offer help when you have no idea what the story is.  

Message 15 of 71
latest reply