cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay protects the sellers not the buyers.

Ebay is a total sellout!

Amazon is much better!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Typically i would say the buyers have a lot of protection. Was there a specific transaction that has you frustrated?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

eBay protects the sellers buyers not the buyers sellers

Is the true picture.

The reverse only happens when buyers fail to use eBay's money back guarantee.

I assume there's more to this story?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

From the feedback you left it appears you tried to get seller to give you a discount because shipping was slow? Sellers have no control over the speed of USPS, Fedex or whatever shipping service was used. 
Communication is part of good customer service but not a requirement.

Let me guess...the car part arrived it wasn't as described. You didn't open a return for a refund. So eBay wouldn't help you. So you tossed a $90 car part in the trash... yeah that'll so them. 
Calling eBay and messaging sellers is NOT how Money Back Guarantee works.

This is how it works…

Go into your purchase history, click the drop down menu it will say MORE ACTIONS. Click it to find RETURN THIS ITEM.

Next click doesn’t match pictures or description. Sellers pay for return.

You may be required to upload a picture, after that you can click submit, complete return. 
Your seller has 2 business days to issue a return label or refund, if by the 3rd business day you don’t receive a return label or refund. You can go back to the case and that’s when you can ask eBay to step in. 

When the seller accepts your return, issues you a label, you have to return the item. Once the return has been delivered to the seller, the seller has 2 business days to refund. If that doesn't happen on  the 3rd business day you can ask eBay to step in for assistance.
Good luck. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@mgverde,

It would seem you failed to read about or use the Money Back Guarantee to get resolution.  Since you did not do that you didn't give ebay's MBG a chance to work, and That is on you not ebay. 

If your item's tracking showed it was received by the shipper within the seller's stated shipping time, then they fulfilled their part of the transaction. Any delays after that are not the fault of the seller.

When you received the part if it was the wrong one, or had issues with fitment.  You file a not as described dispute as ebooksdiva wrote, and go through the process for getting a full refund.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Ebay just hooked me up. I bought an item and the seller sent the wrong item and messaged me they made a mistake and would send the correct item. Well then I get a message they don't actually have the item in stock and would have to order it from another vendor. I called ebay, the representative was very helpful and I ended up getting a refund. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@mgverde 

Not even Amazon will give you a refund if you throw the "cheep [sic]" item in the trash instead of returning it. Had you followed eBay procedures for returning an item that's not as described you would have gotten a full refund.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@mgverde 

< Ebay is a total sellout!  Amazon is much better! >    

I would consider this assertion as evidence that you have little experience with Amazon.  If you do shop on Amazon, I recommend that you do not leave a credit card on file with them.  Learn this lesson from someone whose tuition cost $25. 

Not too long ago, I received my statement from Mastercharge (Citibank).  I learned later that Amazon had this card on file for my account.  There were two charges on it, from Amazon, and I knew I hadn't used that card for several months.  The abbreviations alongside the charges led me to believe that the charge for $16 and some change was the dues for a Prime membership.  I don't have one.  I called Amazon CS and, after she checked on them, the agent told me that the charges to my account should actually have been changed to a different person.  She immediately removed the $16+ charge, but left the $25 charge.  I don't know why.  Then I contacted Mastercharge CS and disputed the $25 charge.  Silly me, I thought it would be easy. 

To make a long story short, Mastercharge required me to provide evidence of what I had done previously to resolve the issue.  We were doing it in writing by this time.  I explained what I'd learned from Amazon CS, gave the first name of the agent – they don't tell you their last name – and enclosed a screen shot of the purchase history from my Amazon account that showed no activity.  Mastercharge informed me that that wasn't good enough and said I owed them $25. 

Fine.  I paid the $25, and requested, since their decision was wrong, to post a credit of $25 to my account as a customer courtesy.  It was ignored ... they didn't even bother to deny it.  So, at first I decided to fire Mastercharge, and I'd already applied for and received a new high limit credit card, not operated by Citibank, from my credit union.  But I changed my mind.  I've decided to keep the Mastercharge.  It's no annual fee, and I'm going to use it to charge $1 every month for the rest of my life.  

I probably don't need to say, I deleted my card from on file at Amazon, from my Wallet or whatever they call it over there.  Actually, I hadn't even known that they had been keeping it on file, until this little episode. 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Had you followed ebay's MBG procedures, you would have been refunded... Don't get why you threw the part in the trash when it could have been returned for a refund. 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Hi @mgverde 

From a previous post of yours … it appears that you lost a claim you filed with eBay.  But you provided no details for us to understand what happened or to help you.

I personally shop on both Amazon on eBay … and don’t see any reason to stop doing that.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@gosimus 

Citibank absolutely sucks at resolving charge disputes...  about 10 years ago, someone used my card # to buy over $400.00 worth of jewelry in London.  I called and explained that I wasn't in London at the time and the charge was fraudulent.  Months went by, and with each billing cycle they were tacking a finance charge on to the fraudulent transaction.  When I called CS about status, I got a phone tree, with reps that almost rivals ebay CS.  Four billing cycles later, they ruled in my favor, then I had to fight to get the finance charges removed!  Every other CC company I've dealt with in this regard, has always held the disputed amount aside pending their decision, and provided a direct number for info on my case.  Citibank SUCKS!

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I am not a fan of Citibank, for any type of transaction.

As a Mastercard merchant, I won a chargeback dispute and did not receive the amount of the dispute refund for 6 months.

As a mortgage holder, I sent them a check paying off my mortgage. They returned it and insisted I pay by bank check or certified check.

I sent them a bank check and they took no action to clear their lien on my property for 3 months.

Nothing good has every occurred with any transaction I have had with that bank.

That said, I cannot believe that Citibank refused to take action on an unidentified transaction when you called. They were always quick to open a chargeback dispute, even when a retrieval request on the transaction would suffice.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

In my case they started a dispute when I called, they just dragged it out 4 months before they made a decision, no one seemed to know anything about it or  "information isn't available right now". 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

When I finished rolling on the floor laughing, I decided to ask you this:  Can you return here and explain the issue that brought this on? ALL eBay buyers have the Money Back Guarantee and it's pretty good; however, if the  buyer fails to use it or uses  it incorrectly, he can expect things to go south.

So how about details of your issue, whatever it is/was? 

PS:  Now that I've read the FB you left, have to ask:  You have been here since March, 2001.  If you've never had occasion to read the MBG or to  use it, good for you! However, when you receive an item that's not as described, and do not open an NAD case, or toss the defective item, how do you expect eBay to help? Did you believe it would be right for you to be refunded and still keep the item? eBay has no way to prove you trashed it.  

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@tinsoldierunderground  wrote:   

Citibank SUCKS!   

Couldn't have said it better myself.  

Message 15 of 16
latest reply