cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay money back guarantee but i still lost my money

I recently purchased a camera worth $600 because I was assured by ebay money back guarantee. I was false. The delivery status shows that the item was delivered but I was home ALL day waiting for the package. Status says it was left at the front door. I was standing there at the time the item was supposed to be delivered. I checked my security camera and FEDEX delivery man did not come to my house. I asked all of my nearby neighbors and they never got it by mistake. I contacted seller and ebay but they denied my claim as if I was a liar. I also contacted fedex but they said there is nothing they can do. What??? What if the seller put in the wrong address and the item was sent elsewhere? I guess I just lost the money that I saved for like 3 months ( yep, I am poor). I think that ebay should change their money back guarantee to money lost guarantee. I will never buy anything on ebay again. I suggest everyone to boycott ebay and shop on amazon because I bought hundreds of items without a problem.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

@kitschy*loot wrote:

@hopha_12 wrote:

I tried to dispute with fedex but fedex says that the seller has closed the case with fedex and it says an agreement was reached between fedex and the seller. 

Did they tell you what kind of agreement was reached with the seller? If your security camera is accurate, it sounds like your package was misdelivered instead of stolen. Usually they would tell you where exactly the package was delivered or if not, they would make an attempt to retrieve it and let you know what is going on.

It sounds like maybe your seller knows what happened and filed a claim which they won, and they intend to keep any money from the agreement along with your payment because they know the tracking number says delivered.

If none of that is the case, it seems odd that Fed Ex would not help you.

FedEx only pays the sender so I’m not sure what they could to help the OP? Even if there was a claim still open, he couldn’t have collected on it 😞

but I agree, sounds like the seller collected on it. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@hopha_12 if you already provided this info & I missed it then I apologize BUT......did you confirm with FedEx that the item was shipped TO YOUR ADDRESS? This is very important. If it was NOT shipped to you, get written proof from FedEx! And file an appeal with eBay & upload the doc from FedEx. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

@becklab1 wrote:

Just went through this and eBay has lost my trust too.  Made a purchase.  I have been on eBay for 18 years.  I don’t buy all the time, so maybe that’s why they don’t care.  We have a locked mailbox and the tracking shows USPS delivered.  Well, open mailbox with my key and not there.  Assumed it was delivered to a neighbor.  I check with them and nope- none of them have it.  Contact seller.  She refuses to help resolve because tracking shows delivered.  Ugh.  Contact eBay.  They close and won’t refund because tracking shows delivered.  This was clearly not a theft because no one else had access to that mailbox.  So, was clearly misdelivered by USPS.  No resolution.  If this can’t be resolved, eBay loses another customer.  This was not a big purchase (the refund would be literally less than $10!) but this is about the principle.  The guarantee is a farce and i can no longer trust them to protect my purchase or me.  Boo eBay.  You should do better.

You needed to contact USPS to find out where your item was delivered.  They could retrieve a misdelivered package for you or provide proof that you did not receive it.  It's not the seller's fault or Ebay's fault.  If tracking shows delivery, then neither one is at fault.  If tracking showing delivery were not accepted, then sellers would go out of business due to a sudden rash of spurious "I didn't get my item" claims.  I'm not impugning your veracity, just explaining why it works the way it does.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@hern3926 wrote:

i bought a computer and i have the same story. tracking said they delivered but i was home

all day waiting. now nobody wants to be responsable. i lost my $ 569.00 it sucks

e-bay neeeds to do better. as for me i will never buy anything on e-bay 

It's not Ebay's responsibilityor the seller's responsibility.  You needed to contact the carrier to resolve this.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

I've had this happen to me more than once.  It is possibly what I call a zip code delivery scam, or an honest mistake the seller made when making the shipping label.  Problem is if it shows delivered in your zip code then they consider it delivered.  If you think this applies to your situation try calling and explaining to ebay that the item was delivered to your zip code, but not to your address. When I did this they had me fill out a form on IC3.gov I believe and I received a full refund. If you paid via paypal you can also call them and tell them the same thing, try Ebay first though.  Don't just give up.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

The responsibility for the item any buyer purchases once in the hands of the carrier is the carrier and not the seller.  If the item shows delivery how then can you make the seller responsible because you did not receive your item???? Many times as a consumer I can get my money back from my credit card company if my item did not arrive but if the carrier has delivery confirmation this serves as proof that from the business transaction perspective that I received my item and not even my credit card company will refund my money from the seller.  Most times when the carrier places an item in an insecure area such as a porch or open mail room that  is when the package develops legs and vanishes.  If an item is a high value item you can instruct your carrier USPS FEDEX UPS or whoever to not leave the item out to be stolen but allow you to pick it up.  I m sorry for your loss but if a buyer can claim that an item did not arrive even after delivery is confirmed no seller will be foolish enough to sell anything under those rules because the risks are too high. 

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

This helped me once with a mis-delivered package.  USPS tracking showed delivered.  I contacted my local post office (don't bother with the 800#).  Sure enough GPS showed it was delivered to the right street number but the wrong street.  Was delivered about a block over.  They got the package back and delivered to me w/in 2 days.  In cases like this acting fast and working locally has made all of the difference.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply