cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Vault ships Fedex with restrictions??????

I purchased an item from Ebay Vault and it shipped FedEx with restrictions.  Weekdays only, no rerouting, etc.  Me and my wife work 8-5 jobs and I even have a FedEx next door but Ebay shipped it to where you can not have it picked up.  They also restricted it to no weekend delivery so that isn't an option either.   I guess it will end up getting shipped back to Ebay Vault after a few failed attempts.  Anyone had this happen??  Why would Ebay put such strict restrictions on a $200 card?????

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

FedEx is rather good with tracking of something getting delivered. They usually tell you what day it is being out for delivery and it's usually a 4 hour window. I kinda like them when I get packages from them. The tracking is rather good I believe.  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Some people can't drive home and sit for 4 hours during a workday.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

FedEx is rather good with tracking of something getting delivered. They usually tell you what day it is being out for delivery and it's usually a 4 hour window. I kinda like them when I get packages from them. The tracking is rather good I believe.  

I wish that was the case where I live. Here, FedEx is the absolute worst. They can almost always be relied on to deliver later than their 4 hour window--often days later. And when that is not the case, they deliver early. Whenever I need to sign for something, I ask the seller whether they are shipping via FedEx. If they are, I ask them if they are willing to use another shipper. If not, I buy elsewhere. Today, I am waiting for a FedEx package (I don't need to sign). Their first window was 9:30 AM-1:30 PM. Then they changed it to 12 PM-4PM. Now (4:05 PM PST), they say "By end of day." I'll consider myself lucky if I receive it by Monday night. Typical FedEx.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hi gallowayscards! How did this turn out? Was it returned to eBay vault? Did you try taking it out again and did they charge you again? I found your post when trying to find an answer to the exact same question. I was notified that I have to go to the FedEx hub which is 1.5 hours roundtrip and totally not worth my time for a $200 card. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I have the same problem as you with FedEx. If an item needs a signature and you’re not home I have to drive wherever FedEx facility it goes to. Some facilities can be quite a distance and are very inconvenient. If items don’t need a signature and you’re not home it’s left on my porch where it can be stolen. I can’t get my request to the eBay vault. I have only noticed within the last year that they have been using FedEx more instead of USPS. Very frustrating, you would think they being eBay vault would listen to customer requests. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply