cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Bucks

I wish that ebay would start sending out the Bonus Bucks emails again. There are a lot of things I'd like to buy and have been waiting for the bonus bucks offer to purchase them. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Ebay Bucks

@strawberryandcustard 

Its been over 6 months since I have received a Bonus Bucks promo. ☹️

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Ebay Bucks

I used to get the 5% limited time eBay Bucks offer on a regular basis.

Now I am getting "Shop your faves" emails offering me an 5x points  if I open an eBay MasterCard. I am told that I can normally get 5 points for every dollar spent ( with the explanation that if I get 1500 points I can save $10.00 on my next checkout).

Apparently this is the replacement for eBay Bucks.

Considering that my regular card gives me immediate actual cash back NO THANKS.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Ebay Bucks

@strawberryandcustard wrote:

I wish that ebay would start sending out the Bonus Bucks emails again. There are a lot of things I'd like to buy and have been waiting for the bonus bucks offer to purchase them. 

No bonus bucks ? So buy or don't buy

Ebay appears not to really care

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ebay Bucks

@strawberryandcustard 

@ed8108 

@richard1rst 

@*lady*madonna* 
This is what I found in Help & Contact

Enrollment in eBay Bucks is currently closed and after careful consideration, we’ve decided to retire the 1% earnings reward on everyday purchases.

However we’ll still be running eBay Bucks special offers so you may still receive bonus offers by invite. 

Earning And Using eBay Bucks  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Ebay Bucks

@ebooksdiva 

What's in Help & Contact is extremely dated, and something I think we're all aware of. What all the questions in the forum over the past days have concerned is the apparent discontinuation of the special 'by invitation offers' they were receiving. It seems some people were getting them monthly and no longer are.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Ebay Bucks

I wasn’t aware of that. Thanks for the heads up. 
I won’t be going there for any longer for information.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Ebay Bucks

That announcement was actually from 2021. 🙂

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Ebay Bucks

@strawberryandcustard wrote:

@strawberryandcustard 

I haven't received an eBay promo in forever. I never waited for them, anyway... but they were fun to use when there.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Ebay Bucks

@strawberryandcustard 

Since they are no longer sending bucks promotions, I have decided to start paying for ALL of my items with PayPal again.

I was paying for a lot of my items directly through eBay but since they don't want to do the promotions anymore, I decided to spread the payment process funds to PayPal... I'm pretty sure that eBay has to share the payment process fees with PayPal 😁

They should have just done the 1% deal as it was originally without additional promotions.  It would be a small kickback to the customer and they would have been paying out 4X less than the promotions.

Oh well... PayPal is happier with me...

Message 10 of 10
latest reply