cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY ALLOWS THIS?

Hi. I bought items from a seller. I'm not allowed to post actual names, but let's pretend that his store name is "Franks Stuff" and that he's located on "Massachusetts". Several days after "Frank" created a shipping label, the items still haven't shipped, so I sent him a message to inquire. The message however didn't go to "Frank's Stuff", it went to went to " Bill's Things", so the seller ID on the listing isn't the ID that he uses when getting messages. Also, the listing says that the items are located in "Massachusetts" but the tracking says that the unshipped items are in "Illinois". What gives? I called eBay, was told that it's okay for a seller two use different names like this, and that two locations are given because maybe he drop ships. I was assured that there was a money back guarantee (I know this) but it seems like eBay is excusing or ignoring weird seller behavior. Why? I as a buyer can't tell the seller that my eBay contact info is "Bob, from Maine", then ask him to ship to "Ted in N.H." because that's also me. Or is it okay for a seller to use two item locations and two different eBay ID's?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

EBAY ALLOWS THIS?

Hi @lichtpriester 

Sellers who list different types of products often have a separate eBay account for each product  … with a Username consistent with the particular product.

Large-volume sellers also may employ workers to handle certain aspects of their business.

If the seller uses dropshippers … that also could explain why you see different locations.

I don’t know if this explains what you have been experiencing … but to answer your question:  eBay’s main concern is that the buyer receives the item they ordered within the estimated timeframe.  The number of accounts a seller has usually isn’t relevant.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

EBAY ALLOWS THIS?

Sellers are allowed to have more than one account.  As long as you receive the item it's not an issue.

You have your buyer protection no matter how the seller fills the order.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

EBAY ALLOWS THIS?

My advice: don't trust in the truth of everything you read on ebay

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

EBAY ALLOWS THIS?

It could be that their Ebay ID is Bills Things, but their store ID is Franks Stuff.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

EBAY ALLOWS THIS?

I have a store that is under a different name on another site.  I wish I could edit the name, but cannot as I set it up with the name I used originally with a brick-and-mortar store I closed in 2016.

I still keep it active because it does have sales and sales history. 

But nothing suspicious, you will receive what you purchase from either site.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

EBAY ALLOWS THIS?

I'd say it's more worrying that they still haven't shipped.

But you're covered if you don't receive it by the due date for delivery.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

EBAY ALLOWS THIS?

No, eBay doesn't care about "weird seller behavior", because people's definition of weird can widely differ. What they do care about is purchases not being delivered or being defective or not as described after they arrive. They have a pretty comprehensive Money Back Guarantee to cover those situations. You've been here for 20+ years so you should be familiar with it.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply