cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I get a refund if the item I bought is no longer available?

So I purchased an item on Ebay successfully and received an email of my receipt from Paypal. "you sent a total of $28 to ___" Then moments later I get an email from ebay saying that the item is no longer available and that I don't need to do anything else since I already bought the item. Don't I get a refund if they don't have the item anymore? How do I know if I'll receive it or not?? I don't want to repurchase the same thing from another seller. Thnx

Screenshot_20200331-201834.png

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It appears you purchase a face mask which ebay is monitoring during this COVID-19 pandemic to prevent price gouging. The listing may have been removed but the seller may still have that stock to sell. You should communicate with the seller to see if they will ship the item to you. If they ship, have them provide you with the tracking number and monitor the progress. If you don't get it in a reasonable time as per the tracking, you open a case for refund. You may also decide that you no longer need the mask and open a case with ebay to get your refund.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Does it mean I paid for no reason and will get nothing since they don't have it anymore?
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It appears you purchase a face mask which ebay is monitoring during this COVID-19 pandemic to prevent price gouging. The listing may have been removed but the seller may still have that stock to sell. You should communicate with the seller to see if they will ship the item to you. If they ship, have them provide you with the tracking number and monitor the progress. If you don't get it in a reasonable time as per the tracking, you open a case for refund. You may also decide that you no longer need the mask and open a case with ebay to get your refund.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thnx, that was helpful

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@abcx_goldfish_xabc wrote:
Does it mean I paid for no reason and will get nothing since they don't have it anymore?

Ebay removed the listing because they are not allowed to sell mask on Ebay.

Only the seller knows if they will still ship the item.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 5
latest reply