cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective item replacement

I recently purchased a replacement LCD monitor. The item arrived, looked fine but I never opened the package due to a city election I was in the middle of. After about 6 weeks I was finally able to get to install this monitor, when I did the monitor never turned on and is defective. The seller refuses to refund the money stating now it is past the 30 day return policy. This seller has a 100% positive rating, and it surprises me that this seller would treat sales of defective items like this. I cannot even leave feedback for the item which is something I really want to do. The seller did request the item back, however to ship the item back was more than the item cost and the seller would not pay for the return shipping cost. I guess I am out 125.00 and will probably never use EBAY again since nobody has ever allowed me to leave feedback now any EBAY customer service assistant will return emails or attempts to contact them. Sad how degraded Ebay has become. ALlowing sellers to sell defective junk without protecting buyers. All I can say is BEWARE of deceptive practices even with Sellers with 100% positive feedback. The seller has done something to block me from leaving the proper feedback for this defective product.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Defective item replacement

Did you win the election?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Amazon beats EBAY every day, because they have much better defective item replacement. 

Amazon has the same 30-day return policy that eBay does. 

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@sys409 

< the seller somehow blocked me from leaving the feedback >    

Actually, it was eBay, not the seller.  eBay allows feedback to be left for 60 days.  The window had already closed before your attempt.  

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

I have returned things from Amazon after 6 months. 

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Yep, I saw that now. The seller sold me a defective item and got away with it. Good for Ebay I guess. Like I said, lesson learned. I will assume nobody has any way to correct this type of thing from happening in ht efuture so I am done responding here.  None of you have anything to add here. Just stop responding unless Ebay has some way to correct this. Other than that I am done here.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

I did not get elected. Winning is subjective.. lol.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

@sys409 wrote:

The seller refuses to refund the money stating now it is past the 30 day return policy.

Just because I couldn't get to it until after the return window, doesn't mean the product was supposed to work. It never did, a 30 day return window wouldn't change that fact. 

Hit the seller where it hurts @sys409 with a chargeback. You have already made at least one valid attempt to resolve the issue with the seller.

sdneped_0-1713394508504.jpeg

And when the item is Not as Described or Defective, the seller's 30-day return policy is moot/mute.

In a chargeback, your seller has these options:

- Fully refund including your sales tax and eBay fees, and pay for return shipping if they want it back.

- Let eBay force a full refund from them, plus a $20 chargeback settlement fee.

Your only deadline is how long your card issuer allows to file a chargeback. As we've seen recently (about 6 weeks ago recently) it can be as much as 540 days from the purchase date.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Hi @sys409   It all boils down to this: Says you.  Good luck!

ps, Credit card chargebacks need prove up like any other dispute.  They won't give you money based only on Says you, either.  

Message 23 of 23
latest reply