cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint Department will be open until the top of the hour. all and any complaints will be dealt with immediately.. any complaints?

I don't have all night people, lets get a move on. jonnye Your out of here. NEXT!
Message 1 of 6,952
latest reply
6,951 REPLIES 6,951

Complaint Department will be open until the top of the hour. all and any complaints will be dealt with immediately.. any complaints?

tikx
Enthusiast
Complaint: MnD -- I poofed it after finding out that, apparently, the "one million posts" thread on the AL board has "approval" from the pinks to allow unlimited repetitive posting, despite it being a board usage policy violation, and despite the fact that I was sanctioned from posting for 5 months for doing the exact same thing, for the exact same reason (just for fun), on this thread. And several others on this thread got pink slaps for the repetitive posting also. Yet it is running rampant over on that AL thread

C: Sorry, but I'm just a little steamed. If I start another "counting" type thread, it will be with the approval of the pinks that unlimited repetitive posting is allowed, period. If it can be allowed on the AL board then it should be allowed here.

C: I think allowing violations of stated board policy is a mistake, however. EBay is going down that slippery slope toward losing respect for their own written guidelines.
Message 5776 of 6,952
latest reply

tikx
Enthusiast
C: < picking up spilled html >
Message 5777 of 6,952
latest reply

*mnd*
Enthusiast
C: {{{tikx}}}
How did I get here?
Message 5778 of 6,952
latest reply

C: Whew! I haven't been able to log on all day!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Message 5779 of 6,952
latest reply

bead*happy
Enthusiast
{{{tikx}}} Each board has it's own exceptions to the rules - like we are allowed lots of chat threads, MISC is allowed a hark your wares thread, etc. I'm happy with what we have here.
Message 5780 of 6,952
latest reply

boo_kittykitty
Enthusiast

Complaint: A lot of things. Because. **harrumph**
Message 5781 of 6,952
latest reply

uk_sniper
Enthusiast
C: Forgot to change the heating timer. It's *ahem* cold in here!

UK Sniper!

UK Sniper!

Message 5782 of 6,952
latest reply

"C: Sorry, but I'm just a little steamed. If I start another "counting" type thread, it will be with the approval of the pinks that unlimited repetitive posting is allowed, period. If it can be allowed on the AL board then it should be allowed here."

A very valid Complaint. LiveWorld has their head up their donkey's too often.
------
Respectfully yours,
PFHTSaskboy
Message 5783 of 6,952
latest reply

paula629
Enthusiast
C: GS cookie h*ll has begun! Why oh why did I volunteer to be cookie mom for TWO troops?!?

They're coming to take me away heehee haha hoho.....
Message 5784 of 6,952
latest reply

C: I'm pregnant and my sciatic nerve is so bad I can't walk. Doctor wants me to stop lifting everything..Yeah right! Then I'm supposed to do physical therapy....why can't insurance just pay for weekly massages?
Message 5785 of 6,952
latest reply

tikx
Enthusiast
{{{tikx}}} Each board has it's own exceptions to the rules - like we are allowed lots of chat threads, MISC is allowed a hark your wares thread, etc. I'm happy with what we have here.

N/C: {{{Mona}}} Comments noted. Thank you.

C: What we have here (on this thread) is the evidence of a catharsis centered around repetive posting. I'm on a personal quest for a resolution of two extreme positions:

Figuratively, we had a pendulum. It swung way off in the direction of repetitive posting, the worst of which was mine. On the other end we have the proponents (and self-appointed enforcers) of the strictest interpretation of Board Usage Policy.

The catharsis came when the enforcers put an end to the repetitive posting, causing an extreme pendulum swing to the opposite end. Now people are very sensitive to any and all repetitive posting. I have to take the blame for bringing this catharsis to a head. So I am probably way more sensitive to this issue than anyone else.

Katy has just been kind enough to post a very centered interpretation which falls in between the two. The pendulum is swinging back toward the middle with her post and with the obvious acceptance by the pinks and mods of the repetitive posting on the Million Post thread.

I think the key there is that that thread has a stated purpose which naturally entails repetitive posting. I also think a post sniping thread would/should *also* naturally entail repetitive posting.

Finally, I think a post sniping/snibbling thread is particularly meaningful on the bidding board, because these posting tactics to "win" a post number mirror the tactics used in bidding. This is why I'm making the case to have a thread with that specific purpose on this board. ...Not to mention the fact that this board is my home, I like to post snipe and snibble, and I'd like to keep the statistics.

End of rant :~)
Message 5786 of 6,952
latest reply

demonic_proxy_priss
Enthusiast
C: {{{Pete}}}, maybe you could start another thread and just see how it goes?
Message 5787 of 6,952
latest reply

tikx
Enthusiast
C: {{{Tami}}} I've just had a sort of brainstorm/epiphany. I've got a modified post sniping game. I'm going to do exactly what you suggest :~)
Message 5788 of 6,952
latest reply

the-ghost-girl
Thrill-Seeker
{{{Tikx}}}

*smiles*

*smiles*
“No one is too big to be courteous, but some are too little” ~~unknown~~

Message 5789 of 6,952
latest reply

tikx
Enthusiast
N/C: {{{GG -- the perceptive one}}} :~)
Message 5790 of 6,952
latest reply