cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese crap

I am done with ebay. Constant issues with products made in China; fitment issues due to metric substitution, dangerous part failures due to poor quality parts, missing pieces, nothing but problems, it seems that sellers are seeking out cheaper, fly by night suppliers. And to add insult to injury, ebay prices are now equal to or even substantially  higher than retail. 

Ebay just isn't worth the aggravation any more.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Chinese crap

If you find some place to shop in the U.S., brick-and-mortar or on-line, where this is not the case, please let me know.

-

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

There are plenty of good products made elsewhere sold by good sellers on eBay. Why stop using a whole  platform based on a fractional part of their overall sales acumen? 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

problem is that many USA sellers or deliverers are Chinese fronts

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

True... But as with everything... You have to be vigilant. 

A buyer needs to check feedback scores, read listings carefully, and in general, just pay attention before clicking on the "submit payment" button. Do that, and the chances of being ripped off are largely reduced.

Wholesale condemnation of a whole online merchant platform because there are a few shifty dudes out there isn't the solution.  Anyone can be ripped off anywhere... What is important is what is done to avoid it.

It follows the " fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" saying. Buyers need to be careful, as they can choose to take chances with their money, but they aren't being forced to.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

And, to add... I see the word " constantly" used in poster comments regarding buyers of these type items from these type sellers. This word betrays the behavior of repetition.

If one is having " constant " issues, why do they repeat doing such? I can " constantly " bang my head against a wall, but I guarantee I will feel better when I stop.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I'm not done with eBay, but I don't buy from China sellers here. You might try that...

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

OMG LOL! It really is that simple. I sometimes wonder how some humans even make it through life. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Right? I can understand being frustrated, but  with all of the warning posts we see on here on a daily basis regarding certain sellers and well-known scams, people will still think that the twelfth or twentieth transaction will turn the tide, or if not, ditch this platform and go to another and do it all again...

Message 9 of 9
latest reply