cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheers! Happy New Year to all the buyers that refused to pay for their items this last year.

Happy New Year. I hope this next year will be better than the last as a seller. To all the buyers that refused to pay for their items purchased this last year. I hope that this year they'll have enough funds to pay up this year. 

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Cheers! Happy New Year to all the buyers that refused to pay for their items this last year.

Ebay does more damage  and disrespect with the quick fix one size fits all policy bandage .   I know how  to deal with  problem  buyer's and sellers  .  Just mad I had to opt out of the auto pay  and INR in make offer. Ebay can't learn when they **bleep**  us seller off  with placing GSP in the listings that those of us sellers  that didn't need it  and had to opt out.   I do have a second  account  .  

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

Re: Cheers! Happy New Year to all the buyers that refused to pay for their items this last year.

Well said..🥂

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

No one said it was okay for buyer's  not to pay !I  But I  don't want  these buyers forced to pay when they didn't want  it ,and after ebay show's them same item  cheaper  one..

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

"Let's blame the sellers for non-payers." 

or is it eBay's rules and policies? 

@bryo_3145 

I don't think you can blame either of your choices. The buyer is the non-payer... blame the buyer.

At least eBay affords the tools to avoid non-payers and allows sellers the freedom to use those tools. Try them!

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

Ebay  has the tool's but seller's   like OP are too lazy too use them  ! and go crying to ebay to fix their none paying buyer issue's. With thought of fact ebay will do their  famous  one size fits all policy , that isn't needed and drag's in sellers like those of us that don't need auto pay and IPR make and  offer .We  have to opt out of .

Message 20 of 32
latest reply

Ha Ha! Happy New Year to you, too. I am a new seller and have not experienced such cases yet😀 I Hope everyone pays well this year!

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

I didn't have any buyers refuse to pay for their items.

I haven't had one since 2018. eBay makes it quite easy to avoid that sort of thing if you actually use the features they give you.

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

I don't see the benefit of  auto-pay  being all that great  since it take's  3 day's or  longer  to get the funds from  buyer  and another  2 to 3 days or longer  to the seller. so I don't understand why there are sellers jumping for joy  over it .

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

People must be totally broke or something. This is my worst year for sales ever. My Christmas was sooo bad. Usually, if my Christmas sales are low, I'll get an after-Christmas rush. Nope. Nothing. IDK what is going on, but I hope it turns around. 

I've been getting cancellation requests for the first time. The only messages I'm getting are people asking me if I'll break up lots or lower prices. 

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

I do that... omgee... I hate auctions (both buying and selling that way) so I usually have no choice but to pay right away. 

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

Blame myself for non-paying buyers along with cancelations from eBay buyers. Thank you for your help and support. Cheers!

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

Thank you. 

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

@carlmarxx wrote:

I don't see the benefit of  auto-pay  being all that great  since it take's  3 day's or  longer  to get the funds from  buyer  and another  2 to 3 days or longer  to the seller. so I don't understand why there are sellers jumping for joy  over it .

I agree 100%. I am mainly a buyer as of late. I pay within minutes of purchasing.

Due to auto pay, I do not EVER buy multiple auctions anymore.  Also, I do not go into store to make multiple purchases. I know there are work around but I am not spending time playing games. In rare cases I may contact a seller to let them know they have multiple items I’d like to make a deal on.

auto pay, to me, is the 100% worst policy change that has effected me as a buyer.

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

I don 't know about  other buyers  ,But I have spent  about  $800+   spread out  on about  6+  sellers  on this site  with in last  couple of days

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

@bryo_3145, and some others,

Has anyone considered that ebay's autopay system may actually be causing more UPI issues than it supposedly was created to solve?  Maybe if bryo_3145 opted out of auto pay the number of UPIs and cancellation requests would go down.  

How many topics have been written by members on these boards,  who wanted to select a different payment method, than the one they entered when originally filling in the auto pay system info?  Add to that the inability to request combined shipping invoices, and one can understand why buyers are not paying.

They may not trust sellers to issue combined shipping discount refunds, and some newer sellers do not know how to issue them.  Given how tight money is for some, they may not want their money tied up for who knows how long, before getting the refund.

eBay did tell us in the June 28 announcement where they admitted OPTING all sellers into Auto Pay, months after having done so, that the combined shipping issue was being worked on.  Something they should have considered BEFORE very sneakily opting all buyers and sellers into auto pay.  To this date, there hasn't been a peep out of them about possible fixes to the combined shipping issue.

As for those telling the OP to stop listing items as auctions, what good would that do if the seller remains opted into auto pay?   I agree that some of the OPs listings should be BIN ones, but for others they probably are getting more than they would if they were listed as BIN.   I've been selling on ebay since `03  almost all of those listings were/are auctions, and can count the number of UPIs I've had to file on one hand. Over a year ago I discovered I was opted into having auto pay on my listings and unchecked it.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 30 of 32
latest reply