cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cart expiry?

My question is, how long can items sit in my cart?

I searched for the answer to my question first and found a message from 5 years ago that said 48 hours....  since it was so long ago I thought I'd check again. Yesterday I took a lot of time searching for many small purchases that I wanted. Rather than have numerous small charges, I added them to my cart. Most items were "buy now" but a few were auctions and a few had the "make an offer" option (all from the same seller). It was getting late, so I went to bed, still waiting to hear about a few items.

I just got home from work and looked at my cart and most of the items are gone.  When I went to bed last night my cart had almost $100 of items (which took a long time to search and order) and now my cart shows $11 in it.

Plus, I had contacted the seller about some of the "make an offer" items and found out that he was only willing to drop the price by 4 cents. No more. It is a waste of everyone's time to even have that option and wait around to hear that you get a few pennies off the price (when you are trying to order $100 worth of stuff.)

The entire thing was a huge waste of time and very frustrating.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Cart expiry?

Maybe the items sold?
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

50 of them??

My effort to purchase everything from one seller instead of having multiple small sales from various sellers ended up wasting a lot of time and now my items have vanished...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If they haven't sold (or otherwise ended)  just add them back when you are ready to pay.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@charlie_tb,

Items will stay in the cart until the listings end or are sold out.  The Cart does not work with auction items, or items you make offers on. It is designed only to work with Buy It Now (BIN) listings. Once you win an auction or have an offer accepted they essentially become BIN listings.  

Save items to the Watch List not the Cart. You can create sub-lists in the Watch list so all of one sellers items can be stored until you are ready to pay. Then you can add them to the cart or commit to buy from the listings. If you commit from the listings you can request combined shipping from your purchase history.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

62 items at a total of $97.29 breaks down to about $1.56 per item. How much of a discount do you want?  After  product cost, listing fees and everything  else they are only making a few pennies on each.  4 cents off might put them in the red so they might be happy it didn't go thru. 

Better than what I saw at Walmart. Lego set with original price of $99.99 and they had it clearance at $99. Yep they took off .99 only and had it in the clearance section.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply