cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a seller speculatively block you

I had bid on very good listings by a seller. Two i retracted from days before the listing ended.

Well if I won i would have paid

The seller went on to block me from their listing n bid or buy because apparently I was going to change my mind if I bid ,n not pay on time n without ever doing business with me ever Carolyn thinks I will pull out nnot pay if I win bids .

I have been buying a lot on Ebay n kind of bought a lot for Christmas for a big family.  Have bought as high as 50 pounds. So,I was awestruck by such a weird experience or spectacular speculation by a seller who thinks I will risk her shop if I bid on say total 8 polishes..all at base prices she listed.

Is this a normal experience on Ebay.  Struck first time,feel insulted

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Re: Can a seller speculatively block you

Anyone with any sense would probably gather that this individual did not understand the processes. Based on his/her replies, one would gather that he/she presumed that when they received an "outbid" message, they thought they had to retract. They simply didn't understand the process, and seem to be quite apologetic and responsive to the feedback that has been given and after talking to customer service to clarify. 

It's evident who the "entitled" group is here. 🙂 

Message 31 of 63
latest reply

gporpc
Guide

I went with BIN years ago to get away from people like you

Message 32 of 63
latest reply

How do I know what the shipping will be, well I am just smart

Message 33 of 63
latest reply

Just in case you plan to continue to buy on eBay, now that you have a better grip on how it works, would like to point out to you that all buyers have the Money Back Guarantee, seen in every listing.

If/when you do not receive an item, you have 30 days to open an item not received case in the Resolution Center.

Message 34 of 63
latest reply

Thankyou. Already read the bidding policy now. So chill

+++++++++++++++++++

You know the policy yet you choose to ignore it.

What a pity !

Message 35 of 63
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

buBBLe gum anyone?

I'll take a piece

Message 36 of 63
latest reply

If you retract a bid for error, etc, you are supposed to place a correct bid. I report everyone that does not. I will block a bidder anytime for this!

Message 37 of 63
latest reply

Lol.....most sellers here would tell you buyers with 1 retraction is one too many.

Message 38 of 63
latest reply

@aemitchell17 wrote:

Anyone with any sense would probably gather that this individual did not understand the processes. Based on his/her replies, one would gather that he/she presumed that when they received an "outbid" message, they thought they had to retract. They simply didn't understand the process, and seem to be quite apologetic and responsive to the feedback that has been given and after talking to customer service to clarify. 

While your empathy for the OP and her misunderstanding of the process is admirable and one might agree, there's the feedback that claims "Seller refused to cancel order even before it was dispatched." 

The feedback indicates that in that case, instead of an illegal retraction, the OP let the sale continue until it ended THEN expects the seller to cancel the sale! @sharmis66 ,  sellers are NOT obligated to cancel a sale and for someone to ding the seller and the seller's feedback for YOUR change of mind is wrong! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 39 of 63
latest reply

Don't retract and you won't get blocked.  Think twice before you make any bid.  It is very frustrating for a seller to have this happen.

Message 40 of 63
latest reply

" sellers are NOT obligated to cancel a sale and for someone to ding the seller and the seller's feedback for YOUR change of mind is wrong! "

But it happens all the time, which is why it's prudent for a seller to cancel a transaction when requested.

Message 41 of 63
latest reply

@aemitchell17 wrote:

If that is so, I am gobsmacked.  

Message 42 of 63
latest reply

@sharmis66  setting your feedback to private, like you've done will make sellers more likely to block you.

Message 43 of 63
latest reply

86 retractions and you have private feedback. thats a sign

Message 44 of 63
latest reply

Sellers can block a buyer for any reason, or no reason at all.

I get blocked daily just because I can't help sending low ball offers. I keep hoping a seller will accept one of my very nice low balls.

I'm addicted..

Message 45 of 63
latest reply