cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a seller leave a negative comment to a buyer in reply to a negative FB left by the buyer?

The title pretty well covers it, but the better question may be, can a seller leave a buyer a negative comment anywhere in feedback? Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Can a seller leave a negative comment to a buyer in reply to a negative FB left by the buyer?

Yes, a seller can leave a neg comment in a pos FB but it is against ebay policy.

Your FB left is an absolute train wreck.    With all your unhappiness with your ebay purchases, I wonder that you are still here buying stuff.

Thanks for posting.

Message 2 of 56
latest reply

Re: Can a seller leave a negative comment to a buyer in reply to a negative FB left by the buyer?

Oh my. Your feedback left is way more than an absolute train wreck. It actually is so bad that I wouldn't be at all surprised if eBay limits your ability to leave negs. And should you break policy by leaving negative comments in a positive feedback, that just might be the straw.

Message 3 of 56
latest reply

Can either of you give me an example from my fb and explain in detail how that makes the example a wreck...thanks again.

Defect if you do and defect if you don't.
Message 4 of 56
latest reply

nothing wrong with the seller reply under this ID.   Seller may be lying, but as for the feedback itself.........   no violations.

Other ID, train left the tracks somewhere along the way over a year ago.

Message 5 of 56
latest reply

@johus_bucmir Okay, I'm confused. Both of us were responding to @edensbounty, the OP of this thread . You would have to be blind to not see the issues with the feedback left of that member. This is your first post on this thread, so your question makes absolutely no sense.

Message 6 of 56
latest reply

@johus_bucmir wrote:

Can either of you give me an example from my fb and explain in detail how that makes the example a wreck...thanks again.

Anybody that leaves such a high percentage of neg FB is a train wreck.   With all those bad experiences, why are you still here?

Thanks for posting.

Message 7 of 56
latest reply

@kathiec wrote:

@johus_bucmir Okay, I'm confused. Both of us were responding to @edensbounty, the OP of this thread . You would have to be blind to not see the issues with the feedback left of that member. This is your first post on this thread, so your question makes absolutely no sense.

I'm thinking OP and @johus_bucmir are one and the same.  Either way, both have horrible FB left for others.

Message 8 of 56
latest reply

Yeah, one in the same, and sorry to confuse some of you but the question made perfect sense.

Yet I have no details as of yet, but only a comment stating I have horror fb and that I shouldn't leave that many negs. Why is no one explaining ther comments, like why should I not leave so many naegs, is there a rules?

Explain your comments, pease, as it is, they are merely opinions with no basis whatsoever.

Message 9 of 56
latest reply

@edensbounty 

@johus_bucmir  In reply to your question: Explain your comments, pease, as it is, they are merely opinions with no basis whatsoever.

So many negs left for sellers suggests that you never bother to contact a seller, you just go right to negative feedback - in fact you have made it look like an Olympic Sport that you won Gold in.

Sellers will no doubt be reporting you as an abusive buyer, have you blocked from purchasing from them and I seriously doubt you will qualitify for any protection with the MBG.

Both your accounts should be banned IMO   But Thank you  so much for posting...........

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 56
latest reply

@johus_bucmir wrote:

Yeah, one in the same, and sorry to confuse some of you but the question made perfect sense.

Yet I have no details as of yet, but only a comment stating I have horror fb and that I shouldn't leave that many negs. Why is no one explaining ther comments, like why should I not leave so many naegs, is there a rules?

Explain your comments, pease, as it is, they are merely opinions with no basis whatsoever.

You have two accounts that have left far more negative feedback than positive. That indicates you either are horrible at picking sellers or are an impossible-to-please buyer. But as for our comments being "merely opinions with no basis whatsoever", I can assure you that in my 16 years in eBay's forums I've seen multiple cases of eBay taking away the ability to leave feedback from people who abuse it as badly as you have. You're just lucky that no one has brought it to eBay's attention yet.

Message 11 of 56
latest reply

And you are a winning the gold in 100% wrong assumptions, I contact all bad sellers. 

You have given zero basis for the accusation there is any problem whatsoever with may fb.

Message 12 of 56
latest reply

@kathiec wrote:

Oh my. Your feedback left is way more than an absolute train wreck. It actually is so bad that I wouldn't be at all surprised if eBay limits your ability to leave negs. 

Copy that!  Just, wow.....78a9d8d2abe7909e9c525ba523d2687d.gif

Message 13 of 56
latest reply

Re: Your negative feedback left for sellers.  I would just be curious to know, what kind of a perfect world do you live in? But then I realize, your member name IS  *Eden....*. ☺️

Message 14 of 56
latest reply

@edensbounty,

The answer to your question is:

The rules for a feedback reply to a negative received, are different than leaving an original feedback comment.  A seller cannot post a negative comment about a buyer as a positive rating (their only choice). 

A seller can reply with a negative comment to a feedback left by a buyer.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 15 of 56
latest reply