cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Feedback

First, I suspect that must sellers do not get a greater percentage of feedback on sold items than I recieve 20%-25% some months maybe less. I might venture a quess that most buyers see positve feedback to a seller as nothing more than something creating a warm fussy spot for the seller. I sell mostly glass though I do not think the type of item being sold is important. OK what is my issue you the buyer paid for the item you received the item all should be good correct.  No, it is not because I do not know how you feel about your purchase good/bad now I sit with the money yet can I consider it safe to use NO.I must sit until the return period is up to really feel safe about using/spending my avaliable funds. So if you the buyer could after receiving the item and being satisfied with what you have purchased could take the time to issue a positive feedback you have done me the seller a great service you have freed-up my funds. I now feel safe to "use;" those funds. Oh by the way it does give me the seller a warm fuzzy feeling. Please take the time to give positive feedback on items you have purchased.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Buyer Feedback

I like the 'warm fuzzy', but I guess I fly by the seat of my pants. I feel safe using my funds when they're deposited. money_mouth

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If you believe positive FB from a buyer means you are free to spend your funds, you are sadly mistaken.  A buyer has 30 days to open an item not as described case with eBay, 180 days to do so with Paypal and at least several months to do a charge back on a credit card. 

I do commend your efforts though.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Feedback is voluntary.  Always has been. Has nothing to do with a bank account.

20% feedback is great.  I get less than 1% on Amazon.  Feedback is a thing of the past.  Probably 15% here at best.

Posting ID
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I have found once a buyer gives you positive feedback it is highly unusual for them then to want to then return the item.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I never said feedback had anything to directly to do with your bank account. The purpose of my post was to get the buyers to realize that taking the time to give positive  feedback was more than just warm and fuzzy. Not addressing bank accounts lets use the fact that many sellers look at your feedback sellers with more positive feedback can result in more sales. I believe it certainly has in my case. For example lets take two sellers one with a significant number of  positive feedbacks versus one with less or negative feedback who will the buyer pick.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply