cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy it now. How do I buy it now without checking out and paying?

I want to buy 6 items from person. He told me combined shipping would be $2.50. Everytime I do a buy it now it wants me to confirm and pay. how do I do the buy it now without paying?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I believe that you have to add the items to your cart, commit to buy and request a combined invoice.  To try to simply use the Buy Now button results in the IPR option engaging.  If I'm not mistaken, eBay has set it up that almost all fixed price listings below a certain amount are automatically IPR.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

can you add to cart then request a total?

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

add The items to your cart. If shipping isn’t automatically adjusted then you will probably have to buy each item separately and then get a partial refund from the seller. Now that immediate payment is required,the  request a total button in the cart very rarely works 😞

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Yes that is the problem. Can't request the total so would have to pay for each which would cost 30 shipping compared to $2.50 which I was quoted.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@firehair wrote:

Yes that is the problem. Can't request the total so would have to pay for each which would cost 30 shipping compared to $2.50 which I was quoted.

So did you do like everyone suggested ?

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@firehair wrote:

In that case I would contact the seller and ask him to create a listing for you with all of the items. Otherwise you will have to either pay $30 and hope he refunds you or you will have to move on to another seller. This cart issue is a nightmare, so sorry this is happening!

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@7606dennis

"I believe that you have to add the items to your cart, commit to buy and request a combined invoice.  To try to simply use the Buy Now button results in the IPR option engaging.  If I'm not mistaken, eBay has set it up that almost all fixed price listings below a certain amount are automatically IPR."

I think you're correct - I had the same issue months ago.  Add all items to your cart, and when you click the "request total from seller" button from the "My cart" screen, you are prompted to confirm that you commit to buy all items.  Very, very far from being intuitive 😕

@firehair

I don't know why it's set up in such a goofy way, but there is definitely a way to request a total for multiple BIN items from the same seller.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@missjen831

"This cart issue is a nightmare, so sorry this is happening!"

It really is.  The first time I ran into this issue, I was lucky that the seller knew about the problem.  I never would have guessed that I needed to request the total from the seller from my "cart," thus prompting me to "commit to buy."  

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@firehair wrote:

I want to buy 6 items from person. He told me combined shipping would be $2.50. Everytime I do a buy it now it wants me to confirm and pay. how do I do the buy it now without paying?

If a seller actually knows what they are doing and HOW to do it, then normally, after you add everything to the shopping cart - even if they are from the sellers different listings -  the FINAL shipping cost to your  location should show as whatever amount the sellers states, in your case $2.50.      If it doesn't, you need to contact the seller and wait for their reply.    Either they will agree to refund the shipping overage or they will actually try to figure out how to correctly set up the discounts. 

With an increasing number of sellers listing solely using the mobile app, many may not realize that there are certain rules and settings  that can only be set up using the CLASSIC SITE, because the app is a limited tool.   This includes shipping preferences/combined shipping, buyer requirements, and much more.    It's also necessary for a seller to check the box for "apply my shipping rule" which combines the shipping from all the listings.   

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@kevhael wrote:

I think you're correct - I had the same issue months ago. Add all items to your cart, and when you click the "request total from seller" button from the "My cart" screen, you are prompted to confirm that you commit to buy all items. Very, very far from being intuitive 😕

So it sounds like the cart is working.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@kevhael wrote:

@missjen831

"This cart issue is a nightmare, so sorry this is happening!"

It really is.  The first time I ran into this issue, I was lucky that the seller knew about the problem.  I never would have guessed that I needed to request the total from the seller from my "cart," thus prompting me to "commit to buy."  

Sounds like you’ve misunderstood. The OP here and many others CANNOT request a total from the cart. The option isn’t there. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Are you on a tablet or phone or using the mobile version of eBay by chance? If so, you have to switch to the classic version of eBay, for the cart to display correctly.

They changed the cart about 3 years ago, which would do the sellers rule automatically and took away the ability to request total from seller, on the mobile, through the browser, site.

I never learned if this was on purpose or if it was a mistake when working on a different problem. 

If you're on a computer, you may have hit a glitchy day or the seller may not have the cart set up correctly. 

You can always write the seller and ask if the cart is set up for combined shipping. They may not know.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@savanna.dance it has actually changed in recent months. When eBay finally started implementing immediate payment on BINS under $1000, buyers stopped being able to request a total whether they are on the app or the website. It’s a well documented issue on the boards. IPR is wreaking havoc for buyers and sellers 😞

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@missjen831

"Sounds like you’ve misunderstood. The OP here and many others CANNOT request a total from the cart. The option isn’t there. "

I definitely did misunderstand, apologies.  I thought OP was having the same issue as I experienced a few months ago.  Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the clarification!

"@savanna.dance it has actually changed in recent months. When eBay finally started implementing immediate payment on BINS under $1000, buyers stopped being able to request a total whether they are on the app or the website. It’s a well documented issue on the boards. IPR is wreaking havoc for buyers and sellers Smiley Sad"

This a pretty serious problem and it sounds like it's been around for a while.  Has there been any official eBay response acknowledging the issue yet?

Message 15 of 15
latest reply