Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Packaged delivered, but not in my mailbox (missing/USPS Delievery)

Hi, So i bought an item and was delivered to my mailbox. I live in an apartment complex so we have multiple boxes for packages and the mailman usually will put the package in one box and a key in the residents mailbox. I checked my mailbox for a key,...

Seller Tax Scams, why won't eBay or State Gov do something about it?

I have recently run into a rash of scamming sellers charging TAX. All right, before you poo-poo me, Let me say I know what I am talking about. I am not talking about legitimate sales where eBay collects the tax for the state. Or sellers, who have mad...

Resolved! Feedback

Seller never shipped item, opened a case and ebay found in my favor and refunded me. But now I want to leave feedback and cannot find the item to leave feedback? Any help appreciated!

Unable to view items in app

Hi all. I just started having this issue using the app. When I attempt to view an individual listing, I get sent back to the previous screen automatically before the current bid price loads. It’s like I see the dots at the top of the screen indicatin...

Seller described item completely wrong and I'm responsible for return shipping?!?

First off I've sold on ebay for 10+ years and have sold and purchased at least 250+ items. I've paid for return shipping when I accidentally included a box in a picture (a box for a completely different item) in the bottom corner of a picture. So thi...

Scam, no help from ebay when you're from Europe

Dear all, I received an item that does not match the description. The seller promised to send another product several times, then they said they would return money... They used my patience to make time pass and now I cannot do anything! Too much time...

Tax on international purchase

I recently made a purchase from a vendor in France whom I have purchased from in the past. Upon checkout I noticed that I had been charged tax. I reside in a state in which the new tax law has been adopted, however I have never been charged tax (Amaz...

Ohio Casual Sales (Should not be charged Sales Tax)

Hi All, I am just as frustrated with the new tax collection services that have been enacted by government as the next person, but I found something that makes me a little frustrated with the situation, Going through my States (Ohio) tax code, I found...

Resolved! Case for a partial refund?

I recently bought a customized pair of shoes from a seller in Europe. I ordered a pair in US men's size 13, which on most conversion charts I've seen is roughly an EU size 48. However, the seller sent me a pair in EU size 46. When I asked why, the se...

I have solid proof of a fraudulent seller, and I need a way to get said proof to ebay

I've spent most of My weekend-off trying to get through to either Ebay or Paypal, and it can't be done. No, I will not use the phone number, because literally every post I've seen regarding ebay's phone service has been awful, and there would be no w...

Buying - Tax Exempt

So I buy a lot of things off eBay, like toners, paper, office supplies, etc, for my local church who is tax exempt. It seems my state now is charging sale tax on items on eBay as of October 1st, 2019. eBay allows me to submit tax exempt status for my...

Resent Payment and Double Charged

The other day I purchased an item and paid right away, everything seemed to go through fine. A few hours later I received an email from EBay saying “Your Payment Needs to Be Resent”... so I went in the next morning and paid again. Now im noticing bot...

P20APP Coupon Code not accepted

Hi, I have a problem in validating the 20% coupon in Androip App. The one that is currently promoted, code P20APP. The 10% coupon works fine in PC and the discount is calculated automatically under the product. This is not the case in the Android App...

Fraudulent items

I recieved counterfeit itemsShe claims the products she sells are legit but when we got the package we opened it and the jeffree star frost box had wetnwild foundation in the box and a few other products we not even the actual products the items in t...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors