cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking a seller

Can I block a seller on my account, so I do not accidently buy from them. If so, how do I do it.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Blocking a seller

There is not a simple way to block a seller the way that sellers can block buyers or bidders by adding a name to a central list.

But there is a way to exclude a seller's items from appearing in a particular search. From your search results page, go to the Advanced Search page, scroll down to the seller section, select "only show items from" and "exclude" then enter up to ten seller usernames separated by commas. Then hit "search".

That should show you the results minus the items from those sellers. If you save or bookmark that search and use that page as a starting point for further searches, you can continue to exclude those sellers' items from your results.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I use a bio-mechanical system to avoid accidentally purchasing from someone I do not care to do business with.  I keep it on a shelf above my desk and consult it before making any purchase.  It works wonderfully although it doesn't keep a seller's listing from showing up in search results.  Of course, I don't want that anyway since even at my advanced age of seventy-three I can still think for myself. 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

There is not a simple way to block a seller the way that sellers can block buyers or bidders by adding a name to a central list.

But there is a way to exclude a seller's items from appearing in a particular search. From your search results page, go to the Advanced Search page, scroll down to the seller section, select "only show items from" and "exclude" then enter up to ten seller usernames separated by commas. Then hit "search".

That should show you the results minus the items from those sellers. If you save or bookmark that search and use that page as a starting point for further searches, you can continue to exclude those sellers' items from your results.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for this workaround.

I wish Ebay cared as much about the buyers ss they do sellers. Where would they be without us?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You are most welcome.

I suspect that some sellers would take issue with your contention that eBay cares about sellers more than buyers, particularly when eBay pretty much automatically sides with buyers on any "not as described" case. Although I am a buyer and not a seller, I think sellers have a point.

In any case, eBay needs both buyers and sellers.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I agree with the sentiment. Why can't buyers block sellers so that their stuff doesn't show up in search results. If sellers are super slow to ship, don't respond to messages, or don't leave timely feedback, why should we buy from them. There are TONS of super fast shipping sellers, sellers who leave immediate feedback, selling the same products that super slow shippers sell. Same goes for FEEDBACK. I had a comment from one seller that it was his policy not to provide feedback until the buyer does. This does not work for me and I want to block that seller.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thread is 6 months old - and has a solution

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply