cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best offers and Buy It Now. Buyer wants partial refund

So this is a new one to me but I have had a rash this month of this.  I have an item up for sale with a buy it now and also best offer.  I had on many occasions offers put in which I decline.  One buyer makes an offer and I counter it with $150 on a $160 item. He counters that with $140 and I did not respond because I was at work.  After the buyer sent me a few emails, he buys the item for $160 and wants a refund of $10 of my original offer. He did the buy it now because he didn't want anyone else to buy it.  What am I supposed to do about that? It seems to be a trend that I had this month and asking for a refund after they bought it leaves me shaking my head.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Best offers and Buy It Now. Buyer wants partial refund

report them for buyers abuse if you do not want to do not want the sale...

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/rules-policies-buyers/abusive-buyer-policy?id=4374 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I would put the buyer on your Blocked Buyers List, since his attitude is unlikely to get better.

That's in addition to your Report for Abuse.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Just a business decision

Since you found $150 as acceptable , you may consider refunding buyer $10 in the spirit of great customer service, since buyer is not entitled to be refunded $10 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Can you even do a partial refund with Managed Payments? Unless the buyer opens some kind of a Not as Described Case and you offer $10 refund/buyer keeps item?

I would be reluctant, myself.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@city*satins wrote:

Can you even do a partial refund with Managed Payments? Unless the buyer opens some kind of a Not as Described Case and you offer $10 refund/buyer keeps item?

I would be reluctant, myself.

Yes, you can do a partial refund, but know that you don't receive FVF credit for such.

Use the drop-down menu to the left of the order and select 'Send Refund'. Enter the amount, confirm, submit.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hi @the_surfing_tiki 

One of the reasons I don't sell is having to put up with this kind of bull pucky.

The buyer declined your $150 offer.  Like in MP's 'dead parrot' sketch:   It is no more.  It has ceased to be.  It is bereft of life, it rests in peace.  It is an ex-offer.

Reminding again that I don't sell, I think I would inform the buyer that the $150 offer was 'declined' by them and cannot be resurrected ... and ask if they would prefer you ship the item OR cancel the order.  [But, of course, you do what you can live with.]

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Bad attitudes do not get better if you give in.

You just look weak to the bully.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply