cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BROKEN CAPTCHA FEATURE FIX PLEASE!!!!!!

Ebay is so broken these days. Every week it's a new problem. The page for a list of items you're bidding on was broken for MONTHS before it finally got fixed.

So anyway, today all of a sudden I need to prove I'm a human. So they are showing me a CAPTCHA, and the stupid thing DOESN'T EVEN WORK.

I'm supposed to click on the right images, more than half the squares are blank white cells with no image, I click the Next button and NOTHING HAPPENS IT JUST SITS THERE

Now EBAY IS COMPLETELY NON-FUNCTIONAL I CAN'T BUY ANTHING

Do you guys ever test any of these features before you push them out? I've never seen anything this bad. It's as if Elon Musk bought the site and is actually trying to wreck it like he wrecked Twitter.

PLEASE FIX THIS

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Several have reported the issue this morning.

I tagged an eBay rep on this discussion for assistance:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Captchas-missing-content/m-p/34450691#M12...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

This is a member-to-member forum. So no, none of "we guys" test eBay features before "we" push them out.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Same here.

Tried Firefox, Chrome, Brave, Opera. Turned off all extensions. Tried private windows in all. Tried Tor. Same issue everywhere!

Tried to contact support from my phone through the app that is logged in and I can view all of my account, BUT, it asks for captcha and the same issue happens in the app, missing images and clicking next does nothing. Clicking the reload image does nothing.

I've got orders to fulfill. This is going to effect badly against my seller level when customers don't get their orders because I can't print out a label and receipt.

I can't even contact support!

Trying to contact support to report an issue with their captcha system and I'm presented with a captcha to solve that can not be solved and can not contact support. !!! 

Brilliant!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@raven-labs wrote:

Ebay is so broken these days. Every week it's a new problem. The page for a list of items you're bidding on was broken for MONTHS before it finally got fixed.

So anyway, today all of a sudden I need to prove I'm a human. So they are showing me a CAPTCHA, and the stupid thing DOESN'T EVEN WORK.

I'm supposed to click on the right images, more than half the squares are blank white cells with no image, I click the Next button and NOTHING HAPPENS IT JUST SITS THERE

Now EBAY IS COMPLETELY NON-FUNCTIONAL I CAN'T BUY ANTHING

Do you guys ever test any of these features before you push them out? I've never seen anything this bad. It's as if Elon Musk bought the site and is actually trying to wreck it like he wrecked Twitter.

PLEASE FIX THIS

Hey @raven-labs! As of this morning there is a sitewide ticket open on this issue that I will have added to the Tech board here shortly. In the meantime, if yourself or others are still running into to this please reach out to customer support to have your account added to the ticket ALERT15299. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply