cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST OFFERS

Why have a best offer option when you put in a good fair offer and they ignore the offer and let it expire? POOR POOR POOR POOR business if you want the truth on it. Waste of my time. I guess I'll have to take my money to the Chinese where they will gladly accept it. 

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: BEST OFFERS

jrinam said "chinese have no issues whatsoever as far as gladly accepting your money." That is not always true...I have made offers with in 5% with offers to buy 12 items of the same and got turned down.
Message 31 of 41
latest reply

I guess I'll have to take my money to the Chinese where they will gladly accept it. 

Heh. Good luck with that. 

The sort of karma involved here with a buyer that doesn't understand eBay or Best Offer trying to get satifaction from a Chinese eBay seller is giving me cramps from laughing so hard.

Message 32 of 41
latest reply

@jrinam wrote:

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@jrinam wrote:

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

I guess I'll have to take my money to the Chinese where they will gladly accept it. 

***************************************************************************************************

From this statement, I would suggest searching that topic on these Boards to see what may happen when you do that.  It could prove to be an eye opener to you.

i have never had any issues with the chinese accepting my money! now quality,  shipping, stall tactics, outright lies and never receiving item, ya, that could happen but the chinese have no issues whatsoever as far as gladly accepting your money.

All those issues were what I was referring to~I wasn't implying, directly or indirectly, that they would have a problem taking your money.  Now giving it back may be another story.

i know you knew, that was more for the o.p. and partially because i just couldnt resist being a smart ass.

Smiley Surprised

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

@imakesugar wrote:
I had a MRP recommendation of $88. on a new item and received a offer of $20. and I pay shipping (7.50) I didn't even respond to that offer as I was way to lowball. I am not in business to give things away...

Absolutely!

Message 34 of 41
latest reply

One persons idea of a good fair offer may be another persons idea of a lowball insulting offer. 

Im amazed at some of the lowball offers Ive received in the past. I once was offered $20 for a rare military knife that I sold for $500. I didnt bother to counter their offer for obvious reasons. Im sure they thought $20 was a good fair offer.

Message 35 of 41
latest reply

@wt33.1116 wrote:

Depending on the price, 3-8% off asking price.

If that is really what buyers think is good then I'd have a 100% conversion rate with BO

Message 36 of 41
latest reply

there are way too many variables to use a percentage as an acceptable offer. a readably available, easily sold and reasonably priced item would not need b.o. at all but your 'rare' item with an unrealistic value that nobody wants, well maybe half price would send it down the road. a new in box item is fairly easy to detemine value while a used item with flaws is debatable. last years model may be worth almost as much to some but to others, a huge discount would be needed. i think much is lost threw messaging on ebay and many want it for less just because they can. if/when i use b.o., i offer what it is worth to me, not really a game about beating anyone down but making a purchase that would not happen at asking price.

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

@*madison wrote:

@robot-hands wrote:

Why don't buyers put on their glasses?

It says "Best Offer" not "Worst Offer"

Even ebay doesn't expect buyers to submit their best offer first, that is why buyers get more than one chance to make an offer..

I start with a nice low ball, and if the seller wants to play ball and haggle, then the seller will get my best offer before I run out of chances..

The only issue with this line is if the offer too low then sellers like me will say " we are too far apart and have no chance of making a deal" and will decline or if the offer is really low just ignor the offer because in their opinion you wasted their time

Message 38 of 41
latest reply

@wt33.1116 wrote:

Depending on the price, 3-8% off asking price.

That is a VERY fair offer,  you are welcome to make offers on my stuff anytime.

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

@koolkeif wrote:
I've offered $15 on a $19.99 item and, as expected, was declined. So I re-submit several offers all the way up to $19 and still not accepted. What's the point of of having the Best Offer option even listed?

The first example is a 25% discount which is pretty deep. I do agree with you on the second example
Message 40 of 41
latest reply

@jrinam wrote:

there are way too many variables to use a percentage as an acceptable offer. a readably available, easily sold and reasonably priced item would not need b.o. at all but your 'rare' item with an unrealistic value that nobody wants, well maybe half price would send it down the road. a new in box item is fairly easy to detemine value while a used item with flaws is debatable. last years model may be worth almost as much to some but to others, a huge discount would be needed. i think much is lost threw messaging on ebay and many want it for less just because they can. if/when i use b.o., i offer what it is worth to me, not really a game about beating anyone down but making a purchase that would not happen at asking price.

Agree - if I need new sneakers, I know what they go for at the mall and Im not paying that much (with 300% retail markup forget it!) so I am saying I like YOUR sneakers, here's what I will pay you.  I would never expect to have an offer of $20 on a $150 item accepted but if I wouldnt pay $150 for it, I probably wont pay $149 for it either. I think my $120 offer is reasonable and affordable.

Message 41 of 41
latest reply