cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST OFFER WITH PAYMENT INFO ? WHAT NON SENSE IS THIS?

My Best offers have Dried Up, only thing I can figure is eBay's New policy of asking a buyer for payment info before a Deal has been Struck, and really I don't blame buyers, I won't make offers either because of it, so I guess we're all in a Stand-off, I did take action, I removed Best Offer from my listings, and I started Watching stuff, with the hope that the Sellers would send offers, I send offers with the option to counter offer for the buyers, appears to be the only way around eBay's Stupidity.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: BEST OFFER WITH PAYMENT INFO ? WHAT NON SENSE IS THIS?

If you do a partial refund to combine shipping you do get partial fee credits now. 

As for not combining EIS that is a more complex creature. You're dealing with two separate shipping costs. You wouldn't know what to edit shipping to for eBay to combine shipping on their end and eBay isn't going to know what you want to combine it to on your end.  When you have two different shipping costs going to two different sources to cover it's just not as easy. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 31 of 42
latest reply

I bet they want do it on a single purchase though.

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

I've added, an insert with MS Paint, to my opening photo to let folks know that my listings that are Best Offer are like they were before  eBays' changes, eBay should have notified complaining sellers that they had an option and told them to check the box/es, NOT Do a blanket default of checked boxes on all sellers, most people on eBay can't even navigate  Seller Hub or find settings on the site, In other words it should have been Default as it was, Boy What Concept, No Surprises and the Sellers that wanted instant payment would have been the only ones suffering Poor sales but would have been Happy, the way eBay did it Everybody is unhapppy and Everybody is loosing money including eBay.

Insert below:

ATTENTION: MY Best Offer Listings don't require you to Provide a Payment Method, I'm configured like the original Best Offer,  You just type in your offer and send, NO Other  Questions, Boxes to check, Malarkey, etc.

NOTE: You also get a Quick Response , Thanks--------Mike

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

@maccnc11 

I have thought for a while now that a seller that advertises they are "buyer friendly, and welcome combined orders, and payment methods etc. "  should publicly post the information .  It may just help more that paying eBay to "promote".  Do let us know if this helps you, before eBay runs even more paying buyers away with their "auto-pay" experience. 

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

Here's the problem I see after testing a best offer, I took it just to the point of no return and it seems eBay wants  direct access to your bank account, and from what I'm reading others that have followed thru with best offers are now having problems changing back to a credit card, etc. or the way I Pay,  I filter them thru PayPal, like I said in the earlier post, Why in the world didn't they just  address the complaining sellers, My sells on Best Offer items just evaporated, Suddenly, What happened all of a sudden, ? eBay started this payment method non sense, I use to do Best offers all the time on items I wanted to buy and I bought a lot, BUT NOT since this change, when a buyer first comes upon the buyer requirement Gantlet, it kind of Startles you, and for those who follow it thru I don't think the majority like the direction it takes them and they've  stopped using it.  Here's one of my listings---------  https://www.ebay.com/itm/364552413928

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

Yes it does, I'm back to normal now by adding the insert to the Opening Photo of my Best Offer Listings, and unchecking the boxes in the Buyer Requirements, So I feel like this is Proof Positive that eBuyers Absolutely HATE the BEST OFFER WITH PAYMENT INFO, again down below is the insert I used:

ATTENTION: MY Best Offer Listings don't require you to Provide a Payment Method, I'm configured like the original Best Offer,  You just type in your offer and send, NO Other  Questions, Boxes to check, Malarkey, etc.

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

I'm back to normal now

@maccnc11 

Are you saying you sales improved? 

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

Yeap, back to Normal, it's amazing sometimes when you don't fix things that aren't broken!

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

@maccnc11 wrote:

Yes it does, I'm back to normal now by adding the insert to the Opening Photo of my Best Offer Listings, and unchecking the boxes in the Buyer Requirements, So I feel like this is Proof Positive that eBuyers Absolutely HATE the BEST OFFER WITH PAYMENT INFO, again down below is the insert I used:

Ebay needs to have an icon on the item and search pages or even an option in the filters to let buyers know which sellers opted out. Because finding sellers, like yourself, who turned off auto-pay is like finding a needle in a haystack. It's very time consuming, so many buyers just won't even bother and it will still affect your traffic.

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

My Best Offer Listings stick out pretty good with the insert, so they are easy to find, your idea would be good too, but in the beginning eBay should have set this whole thing up as an OPT IN program instead of an OPT OUT, in other s words let the complaining sellers reduce their sales and be happy by checking the boxes in buyer requirements, now the way things are, both sellers and buyers  are Unhappy, and I bet that the majority of Sellers don't even know how to fix it.

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

Looking at your sold items, only one shows where best offer was accepted.

You really think adding that to your listings helped any?

Have a great day
Message 41 of 42
latest reply

It always appears on buyer feedback, and some buyers don't leave feedback, and when they don't I don't ask for it, and yes it's working, I did my own study and there is only about 3% of sellers that have their boxes unchecked in buyer requirements, it's really going to boil down to eBay profit losses before they will do anything about it.

Message 42 of 42
latest reply