cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-pay

Since when does EBay automatically pay for a purchase? It was actually an offer I made that was accepted. Does that matter? This was a purchase in which I preferred to use the credit card, but they made the decision FOR ME to use my PayPal balance. Each purchase is designated BY ME as to which account I prefer to use. This is relatively new, right? I'm **bleep** off about it!!

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Auto-pay

Sure I got a payment page and it didn't matter. I chose Paypal credit, which was/is in very good standing, and instead it was charged to my personal bank account, triggering insufficient funds and late fees for my mortgage. eBay was all apologies and said they would make this right in two conversations a week apart, including that it was an error on their end. But a week later then they deleted the communication history as if it never happened. I'm fighting them over at BBB now, and latest is they're trying to blame it all on PayPal. If they had tested it thoroughly none of this would have happened. There are others this has happened to, and I'm aggregating their stories.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

I like your store analogy and it's even weirder than that. You swipe when you walk in, but you probably have to wait until after you leave the store to find out if your number was chosen. You're correct to beware of "Make Offer", in my case using the payment page to select Paypal Credit did not work and $1400 was charged to my personal back account. I'm fighting Bay over at BBB right now and after much obfuscation they are now trying to blame it all on Paypal. Beware!

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@profusiac wrote:

Yes this happened to me. I'm going to reply to *lady*madonna* in this thread since I chose Paypal credit for my payment, which was/is in very good standing, and instead it was charged to my personal bank account, triggering insufficient funds and late fees for my mortgage. It is a fact that eBay said they would make this right and that it was an error on eBay's end. But a week later then they deleted my communication history as if it never happened. I'm fighting them over at BBB now, and latest is they're trying to blame it all on PayPal. If they had tested it thoroughly none of this would have happened. There are others this has happened to, and I'm aggregating their stories.

@profusiac  Please update us with the final outcome at the BBB when the fight is over. Thanks

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

I HATE IT.   Been on EBay 20+ years.  Done buying any w this requirement & the lack of control on your own finances sucks.   How many deadbeats are there?   I get more deadbeat sellers cancelling a win whe it was a good price, for me.   Rearrange the deck chairs on SS EBay

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Don’t care.   I don’t need them controlling info they have had many breaches and now want the CC # backing nyour PP account.   Nothing I need to go thru this further **bleep**.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply