cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Scroll issues with buying choices....Same seller with same yarn, but various choices in colors.

I tried to buy yarn from the same seller that I purchased from 2  weeks ago. (I purchase about $400.00+ in various colors of mohair almost monthly)  Unfortunately, now I can't purchase more of the same colors, nor any other new colors, because the automated scroll keeps throwing me right back into the 1 same color choice of Dark Rose #17, which I hate, ......over and over again.

Also it was suggested to me to purchase qty 50 of that crappy Dark Rose #17...& then contact the seller & discuss my correct color choices with the seller afterwards.  In doing this, I place myself at fault by purchasing qty 50 of Dark Rose & then  try to break this down by qty of 10's in the 5 correct colors that I desire. This would put me into an issue of purchasing a very wrong quantity of 1 very wrong color & then having this sent overseas to me @ my expense & fault. So this option is an obvious "No".

This auto scroll issue is obviously a glitch on EBay's part & something "new" that EBay is having issues with, unless I am missing something? I go to this seller's particular choices & make my color choices, such as Parrot Green # 48, Petrol #24, Vanilla #29, etc.....& I keep getting thrown right back into the same crappy color choice of Dark Rose #17.  This wonderful seller's choices keep plugging me right back into that 1 wrong color choice. This wonderful seller is  Knitted home, and I am positive it has nothing to do with them, but instead EBay reinventing their wheel.

Also, its not just this seller, Knitted home......(run it together)...... but many others that I've done business with in the recent past. (I thought maybe it was this 1 seller, so I tried my other saved sellers,  to no avail......same issues) Does anyone have this same complaint & more to the point.....a resolution to this issue? I cleared my cookies, cleared my system (using a Dell Laptop) to no avail.

😒 EBay reinventing their wheel time & time again isn't improving their system. Its just P.O.ing off Buyers and driving everyone to outside websites to make new purchases. I am so ready to go to Etsy or somewhere else, myself.  Any resolutions or assistance would be very much appreciated. I've been with EBay since 1998 and never have I seen such issues as I have  most recently. I'm sorry, but I am very frustrated with EBay & now there has been a kink in my buying regiment which puts a stop on my buying in general....& a stop on my production . They need to stop all their stupid improvements that only complicate the buying & feedback situation. I thank you for your time & hope someone has an answer for me, please?

Sincerely,

Granny G 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Auto Scroll issues with buying choices....Same seller with same yarn, but various choices in col

qeqo_0
Thrill-Seeker

@grannygrozas wrote:

This auto scroll issue is obviously a glitch on EBay's part & something "new" that EBay is having issues with, unless I am missing something?

I go to this seller's particular choices & make my color choices, such as Parrot Green # 48, Petrol #24, Vanilla #29, etc.....& I keep getting thrown right back into the same crappy color choice of Dark Rose #17.  

I thank you for your time & hope someone has an answer for me, please?

Sincerely,

Granny G 

One way to thwart the glitch @grannygrozas might be to scroll through the thumbnails pictures 

qeqo_0_0-1690096063516.png

and randomly click on each of them until the "Colour" is right, then immediately click Add to cart.

Notice that the thumbnail doesn't even correspond to the listing photo, but no matter, you just want the color in the cart, and then you can adjust the quantity before checkout.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Auto Scroll issues with buying choices....Same seller with same yarn, but various choices in col

I should've mentioned that this issue above isn't with every single color, as there are so many....with the multitude of sellers that I've been dealing with.....but the issue is with a majority" of the colors listed, as in the colors that I listed above....just for starters.

Granny G

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

qeqo_0
Thrill-Seeker

@grannygrozas wrote:

This auto scroll issue is obviously a glitch on EBay's part & something "new" that EBay is having issues with, unless I am missing something?

I go to this seller's particular choices & make my color choices, such as Parrot Green # 48, Petrol #24, Vanilla #29, etc.....& I keep getting thrown right back into the same crappy color choice of Dark Rose #17.  

I thank you for your time & hope someone has an answer for me, please?

Sincerely,

Granny G 

One way to thwart the glitch @grannygrozas might be to scroll through the thumbnails pictures 

qeqo_0_0-1690096063516.png

and randomly click on each of them until the "Colour" is right, then immediately click Add to cart.

Notice that the thumbnail doesn't even correspond to the listing photo, but no matter, you just want the color in the cart, and then you can adjust the quantity before checkout.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hello Qeqo_0, 

😊 Thank you! I never thought to do that & only was getting frustrated with the correct way to do my pickings. Though more time consuming,  your suggestion worked wonderfully!  Thank you much! I just hope EBay fixes their glitches they induced, or they'll frustrate more Buyers & Sellers, who've done nothing wrong. Again I do appreciate your advice & input cause it did work wonderfully!

Granny G

Message 4 of 4
latest reply