cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Pay if offer is accepted and eBay Bucks! How will that work?

Auto-Pay if offer is accepted and eBay Bucks!  How will that work?

Not that eBay bucks is even close to what it used to be, but I have eBay Bucks available; but when I make an offer there is no option to use my eBay Bucks.

This should be interesting.

Happy New Year and I Hope You Have An Extraordinary 2022!

Sincerely,

Bruce "ImaPaqRat" Fisher

Remember: People don't stop playing because they grow old; they grow old because they stop playing! So, NEVER STOP PLAYING!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Short answer . . . It Doesn't Work.

Even though I've had $25 in eBay bucks for last quarter and they were going to expire in around 8 hours (1/3/2022 00:00 am). Those eBay bucks were never available as a payment option when making offers with Auto-Pay if accepted!!

MAJOR HOLE there eBay. I wonder how many people are going to be losing eBay bucks in a few hours.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

My guess is the system is NOT designed to be used for purchases that are made with an 'offer' and therefore, those 'bucks' are for 'buy it now' items. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

What if you shut off auto-pay and selected your payment source, in the payment window?  Would that allow you to use your eBay Bucks? I don't use the auto pay, never have, I select the account I want to use.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

eBay Bucks certificates issued since 2021-04-03 should last a year from date of issue, and any eBay Bucks issued before that expired after one month, so no eBay Bucks should be expiring today or tomorrow.

If you have eBay Bucks that you cannot apply towards an offer, just find a buy-it-now item and use the eBay Bucks with that.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

My guess is the system is NOT designed to be used for purchases that are made with an 'offer' and therefore, those 'bucks' are for 'buy it now' items. 

@stainlessenginecovers  @imapaqrat  

Looking through the T&C for eBay Bucks I found this -

"Rewards may not be redeemable through some customized checkout systems."

Just a guess, but I'm thinking the immediate pay on offers function may be considered a "customized checkout system."

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

eBay Bucks have always been available to be used on Buy It Now, Auction Won and Best Offers.  This is just another example of how horrible eBay's project managers are.  eBay Bucks should have been part of this.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Buyer's don't have the ability to "Shut Off Auto-Pay" only sellers can turn off the option.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I forgot about the 1 year window.  I probably read the date's year wrong.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I believe "Custom Checkout Systems" had to do with the old 3rd party check-out systems", which are no longer available as part of the eBay Manage Payments.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Ok I maybe worded my reply wrong. What I was talking about, do you have your payment window set up to default to one of your payment sources every time you buy something? Last three items I bought within last couple of months, buy it now and auction, because I do not have one of my several payment sources as default for all items, I was able to chose which one I used. True, I did not real look close to see if there was a place for eBay Bucks, because I don't use them or earn them, but think it might have been there as an option. I have been on MP starting early last year. Sorry for my WAG and just trying to learn.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@imapaqrat wrote:

I forgot about the 1 year window.  I probably read the date's year wrong.

Ends 1/2/2023, 11:59pm PT.

From the bucks email today - that's when they were given out.