cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there still any reputable free sniping services?

Waaay back in time, when I was a more dedicated collector, I used a couple of different sniping services that were free and did a good job. I haven't used one in a long time and was looking around for one, but I'm not as trusting as I used to be 10 or 15 years ago.  Are there any still around that you guys would recommend?  What about paid sniping services? Any good ones for an 'only-occasionally' bidder?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

ezsniper is what I use when buying. If I remember right you can do two snipes a month at no charge. Monthly is not a bad if you buy enough. I had a good success rate with it relative to what I was willing to pay for items. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@texaspast wrote:

Waaay back in time, when I was a more dedicated collector, I used a couple of different sniping services that were free and did a good job. I haven't used one in a long time and was looking around for one, but I'm not as trusting as I used to be 10 or 15 years ago.  Are there any still around that you guys would recommend?  What about paid sniping services? Any good ones for an 'only-occasionally' bidder?

I'm an occasional snipe bidder. I just set an alarm on my computer for 5 minutes before the auction ends. When the alarm goes off, I immediately open the auction in my browser window, and take a few minutes to think about my bid. Then at one minute before the auction ends, I type in my bid amount and hit Place Bid. Then I watch to the numbers count down and I hit Confirm Bid when it gets to 03s. It has never failed me, yet. If it's impossible for me to be at my computer when the auction ends, which is not often because most auctions end in the evening US time, I just place the bid at the latest time possible. It's usually enough time anyway. There doesn't seem to be that many people bidding these days. I mostly just snipe for convenience. I have to pay for the item anyway, so I might as well bid and pay at the same time.

But if there is one feature that I would love to see eBay add, it would be snipe bid option. But I know that will happen when hell freezes over. LOL.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@texaspast wrote:

I use Gixen...a free service that works well.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Justsnipe. 5 free snipes a week. Never seen it fail to bid for me in 14 years, but I don't bid on auctions much these days, so don't use it often any more.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Gixen
Message 6 of 6
latest reply