Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are manny Good Buyers leaving ebay

What are some of the reasons ?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Are manny Good Buyers leaving ebay

As of today I am sourcing from other places. I had a problem with an Asian seller. Don't want to go into the whole story, but, after a run-around with the seller, I handed the problem over to ebay. They told me they really looked into the situation and the seller has proof the items were delivered ...end of conversation. They replied to me so fast there was no way they looked into it. Case closed. I have proof the items were not delivered. So, I've been a buyer since 1999 and have over 4600 100% positive feedback purchases and I am done with ebay over $24. I feel as if they are telling me I'm scamming someone. Hey, the seller has over 50K sales........obviously ebay cares far more about keeping the sellers happy over the buyers......

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

I can give you a reason as a buyer.

There is no real benefit these days. I do shop on this site yes, and I do buy stuff but usually the only things I'm buying are things I cant get easily locally. I know enough Sellers who deal locally who sell me at the value of the item versus up charging a bunch and hoping ill bite.

Another reason is sheer transparancy. I wanna buy an SNES cart worth like 100 dollars, I can locally see the cart, open it and verify it. APPARENTLY sellers think because they are doing something so simple they can up charge on the item by 20 or even more. Yeah great move guys, gotta make up for the ...4 dollars you spent on the driver to open it? Oh wait that charge is the time it took to open the cart and take a picture. 

Fact is, There is competition and for me atleast, I have enough local people who sell stuff that I really only come here for particular items.

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

This OP has a pattern of starting threads and marking his OP as the solution.

Very strange.  

It's possible that the OP doen't understand how that works. She may be marking her original post, because that's the first one she reads, to indicate that she has found her answer somewhere below or she has read enough and we can all shut up now, if we so choose.

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

@michaepollar66 wrote:

... APPARENTLY sellers think because they are doing something so simple they can up charge on the item by 20 or even more. Yeah great move guys, gotta make up for the ...4 dollars you spent on the driver to open it? Oh wait that charge is the time it took to open the cart and take a picture. 

Fact is, There is competition and for me atleast, I have enough local people who sell stuff that I really only come here for particular items.

Some sellers have developed very specific selling plans and inventory, so they can get the extra $20 for a new item you can buy for less locally. I know of a buyer who lives way out in the sticks, no stores nearby and has to drive to town to pick up mail.  For her to buy one fly-swatter from Amazon is ridiculous because of the shipping. But she still has a few regular sellers at eBay she buys from who have an inventory she appreciates and will combine the cost of shipping to mail a fly swatter, a jar of preserves, a book and a blouse all in one box. It's like having a personal shopper.

Right now Amazon Prime is digging into that market.

Message 34 of 34
latest reply