cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having issues with the eBay cart today?

Happy new year all.

Cart is super wonky today.

Get errors in checkout.

Just me?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Now it seems to be working.

Getting errors like this since last night:

"We ran into a problem. Please try again."

If anyone else is experiencing issues, it seems to be intermittent.

Have a good one.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@dogchow747,

eBay over the last few years has had many server issues causing glitches with various functions. Sometimes they clear up quickly, other times not.  At times the glitches can be caused by a build up of temporary internet files and cookies. If you spend a lot of time online clearing your temporary files and cookie cache, then restarting your device can help reduce problems. 

In looking at your feedback profile I see you buy a lot of items at one time from some sellers. That could be a part of the problem.  Those purchases may fall outside of the Cart's capabilities if you took too long to request a total.  The number of items available when you add an item to the cart, may change or sell completely out. while you continue shopping, and the information on a listing in the Cart is frozen so it will not reflect the change in the quantity available. If an item sells out or reaches its automatic relisting date, they disappear from the cart.

I also noticed you participated in a lot of one seller's auctions, and if you added those items to the cart before the auctions ended, that will definitely cause the cart to not work, as will adding items you have made offers on, before they are accepted/declined. 

The cart only works with Fixed price items.  Currently running Auctions and Pending offers are not fixed price items, until you win, or have an offer accepted.  Once they are, they become a fixed price listing and can be added to the Cart.  Those listing's information about current bid price and open offers is frozen at the time you add them to the cart.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/paying-items/shopping-cart?id=4360

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@mudshark61369 

Thanks,

You are right on those suggestions.

It was acting up before I got inundated with those cheap winnings.

The funny thing is that the divided invoice (40 / 34) items was sent early in the morning, but only showed up correctly in the cart right after I asked the question....

Makes me look silly.

I think it partially had to do with the cart being overloaded.

"the cart only works with Fixed price items."

In most cases when I win a auction, it shows up in the cart with notification to check out and pay for item.

One seller never does, I have to go look in "Unpaid items" unless they send me a invoice.

I appreciate your time.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@dogchow747,

In your reply to me you wrote:   "One seller never does, I have to go look in "Unpaid items" unless they send me a invoice".  I take it you mean that their won auctions do not automatically get placed in the cart.  I cannot explain why that is happening. It could be something on the seller's end that they have not done.  However, all of their won items should appear in one box in your purchase history and you can request a total from it, unless the seller does not offer combined shipping. Sellers are not required to do that.

I thought of something else that could be causing issues with the cart.  Some sellers say they will combine shipping only for items bought in Ex: 7 days.  That means from the first day you add one of their items to the Cart, you have 7 days to finish shopping and request a total. That could be why you received two invoices (40/34) There used to be a setting that sellers could use that said they would combine shipping only for items bought in one week which I believe ran from Sunday to Saturday not sure if that is still in effect or an option.

"I think it partially had to do with the cart being overloaded".

The Cart was never meant to take the place of your Watch list, because item quantities can change or listings end.   Usually, when I want to purchase many of a seller's items, they are all in the same category. So I have my Watch list divided into specific categories and add their items into that category. Then I can add them to the cart if I wish. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply