cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to save(for email notifications) a specific category within a sellers store?

Hey all. I know we can save searches within ebay and also save sellers as well for email notifications when new items appear, but it seems there's no way to save a category unless a search is done.
-----
This is a sellers store with all their listings combined and the categories on the left.
1.jpg
-----

When I click into a specific category there is no option to save that category for email notifications.
2.jpg
-----
It's only when I place a search term in the search box that it gives me the option to save that search.3.jpg-----
Even when I search for a specific price range it doesn't qualify that as a search and it still doesn't give me the option to save that search since it doesn't render one being done.
4.jpg
-----
It's only when I add terms within the search box that it gives me the option. Things like "-" which all of the listings in that category have doesn't allow me to search that term and states "Let's try that again. This time add more details so we can search for better matches.IncludeLocalOnlyItems has been dropped as the request is not eligible for Local only items.". So that is out of the question.
-----
This sucks because there are stores that sell multiple items and item types with multiple categories and I can't get email notifications on new listings within a specific category. All the listings need to have something in common within my search term before I can pull all those listings into email notifications and they don't have certain things in common in a lot of cases.
-----
Am I overlooking something or is this just something that isn't available? It would seem useful to have this as a feature or at the very least allowing the system to register the various sorting items on the left to qualify as a search term as we are searching those items using specific modifiers to help target specific search results.
-----
Thanks for any feedback.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Any way to save(for email notifications) a specific category within a sellers store?

It may be possible to accomplish what you want, depending on the exact category -- if it corresponds to an eBay category -- though it is not a simple process, unfortunately.

Rather than using the store interface, start from the seller's "Items for sale" or "See other items" link within one of the seller's listings to get standard search results.

eburtonlab_2-1683926022852.png

Note the seller username. Narrow the search to the category of interest by searching using the category name. This will likely kick you out of the seller's results to all results from all sellers. Go directly from here to the Advanced Search page, and limit your results to just your seller by using the seller username in the seller section.

eburtonlab_1-1683925951808.png

You should be left with a search of the seller's items in a particular eBay category that can the be saved as a search and which can generate an email when new items in that category are listed by that seller.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=cell+phones+%26+smartphones&_sacat=0&_fss=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=fas...

eburtonlab_0-1683925854753.png

Then save that search and be sure that email updates are enabled.

If you are unable to narrow things down to one single category, you may need to save multiple searches to generate emails for each category.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It may be possible to accomplish what you want, depending on the exact category -- if it corresponds to an eBay category -- though it is not a simple process, unfortunately.

Rather than using the store interface, start from the seller's "Items for sale" or "See other items" link within one of the seller's listings to get standard search results.

eburtonlab_2-1683926022852.png

Note the seller username. Narrow the search to the category of interest by searching using the category name. This will likely kick you out of the seller's results to all results from all sellers. Go directly from here to the Advanced Search page, and limit your results to just your seller by using the seller username in the seller section.

eburtonlab_1-1683925951808.png

You should be left with a search of the seller's items in a particular eBay category that can the be saved as a search and which can generate an email when new items in that category are listed by that seller.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=cell+phones+%26+smartphones&_sacat=0&_fss=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=fas...

eburtonlab_0-1683925854753.png

Then save that search and be sure that email updates are enabled.

If you are unable to narrow things down to one single category, you may need to save multiple searches to generate emails for each category.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

That works well. Never occurred to me to search the category name within search. That allows me to save that as a search alert and I can also designate price ranges which also allows me to save that as well.

Thanks! 😎

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You are most welcome!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply