cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being a jerk? Honest opinions welcomed.

I conversed with the seller on Monday about a multiple purchase and combined shipping as the total shipping was actually more than the total purchase. She told me to request an invoice.   I then (after researching how to achieve this) did so on Tuesday.  I began getting emails from EBAY about getting an unpaid buyer strike on all of these purchases so I reached out to her about the status of an invoice on Wednesday evening.  She responded stating family emergency and apologized.   I completely understood and told her so and waited.  I waited until Friday morning to which I, again, asked her about the status of an invoice, to which she responded with more detail about her crisis.  I then waited, thinking I would surely get the invoice, and here, 24 hours later, still no invoice.   So, 4 days after requesting an invoice now and counting.    

The problem is, these are craft items that Ihave to complete before Christmas.  So, I need time to finish them.  If this was October, I would patiently wait until her crisis cleared.

I sent her an email this morning basically sympathizing with her situation but explaining that I needed the items and could she get me an ETA or if she needed to tell me now she could not complete the order to please do so in order so that I could look elsewhere.

These items are hard to find so I really do want them from her but I feel like there is just no communication for an actual timeframe from her.  (I get she is in crisis though)

So, am I being a jerk?  What would you do?   I am also a little concerned with getting the unpaid buyer strike or getting a “cancelled by buyer request” from her.

**IF you are the seller and happen to come across this post I truly mean you no disprespet**

1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Am I being a jerk? Honest opinions welcomed.

No you are not being a jerk.  I would message her one more time requesting an invoice.  I would also tell her if invoice is not received by XX.XX you will request a cancel on the transaction.

IF these are really hard to find you can just pay the shipping and hope she ships within a reasonable amount of time.

I have been dealing with my Dad and his serious illness since December 2018.  My shipping on time metrics has taken a hit but I always got the items out when I messaged my customers with a time frame..   If they cannot fulfill their commitments then the seller should put their store on hold or cancel transactions.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No you are not being a jerk.  I would message her one more time requesting an invoice.  I would also tell her if invoice is not received by XX.XX you will request a cancel on the transaction.

IF these are really hard to find you can just pay the shipping and hope she ships within a reasonable amount of time.

I have been dealing with my Dad and his serious illness since December 2018.  My shipping on time metrics has taken a hit but I always got the items out when I messaged my customers with a time frame..   If they cannot fulfill their commitments then the seller should put their store on hold or cancel transactions.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

No.  I am an a hole.   She sent the invoice.  Apparently I needed to look in the cart.

@currencyoftime wrote:

No.  I am an a hole.   She sent the invoice.  Apparently I needed to look in the cart.

LOL...no we all have a brain burp on occasion.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply