cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally ordered a fake pair of AirPod max’s

Hi there I recently ordered some green AirPod maxes and the serial number on the box seemed legit. After further speculation I found some red flags on the box leading me to believe they aren’t real despite the serial number. The seller says they are green and the box has a green photo. The box says they are silver (in very small writing) even though the photo is green. The font is also slightly off. 

I’m 99% sure these are knock offs. I requested a cancellation (20 minutes after purchasing) within an hour of purchasing. I am worried the seller is not going to accept and ship the item anyway. 

The seller says they do not accept returns. Would I be able to dispute the purchase because of fraud? No where in the listing does it say they are knock offs. 

any help is greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Accidentally ordered a fake pair of AirPod max’s

Sellers aren't required to cancel transactions although it's good customer service to do so. 
In the event that the item is not as described you can open a return reason Not As Described for a refund regardless of the sellers no return policy.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@kymcc-27,

The previous reply is correct, but you have to wait until you receive the airpods, before you can open an Item Not As Described (INAD)  dispute. On the listing you bought from look below the logos of the payment methods, for Shop with Confidence, under that the Money Back Guarantee (MBG)  is mentioned,  click on the Learn more button, and read the terms and time frames for filing returning items.

If you bought the pods because of a low price and the item location was somewhere in China, you should never have done that. While those and many other items, may be manufactured in China, Chinese sellers cannot list them for sale outside of China. So most of the brand named items listed by them, are counterfeits.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The seller is in the u.s and everything about it looked legit at first. It was for a reasonable price.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The time to further speculate should be done before buying... if they don't cancel you will have to wait until the item arrives. I don't know how you'll be able to tell for sure if they're fake, but if you can then you can open a not as described case for a return on the seller's dollar... if you can't tell in my opinion that would qualify as a remorse return which would be on your dollar... if the seller allows the return.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@kymcc-27 wrote:

The seller is in the u.s and everything about it looked legit at first. It was for a reasonable price.  

Every seller that "finds" a shopping bag full of airpods thinks they got the find of the year.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

👏 Indeed..

Message 7 of 7
latest reply