cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A seller begging for positive feedback...

..otherwise he won't be able to post more listings. The problem is: he wants me to leave feedback before my item has arrived. eBay is pretty clear on that - no feedback for the seller until I have received my item. Does the said problem with posting new listings really exist or he tries to fool me?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: A seller begging for positive feedback...

Your seller might think so but feedback won't allow him to post more listings.
And you are right never leave feedback until your have reached the item and are satisfied with it .

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Your seller might think so but feedback won't allow him to post more listings.
And you are right never leave feedback until your have reached the item and are satisfied with it .
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

my opinion is that it is not necessary to leave a review to the seller until you receive the parcel because there may be a product that does not match the description and you have a feedback and problems may arise afterwards.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Well, it almost always takes 60+ days for items to arrive to my location from Asia, so I just can't leave feedback in such cases 😞

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

As a seller I find the seller you are talking about abusive. I would never beg for or try to coerce feedback form a buyer. I have sent feedback reminders but it is never in a manner that could be considered offensive. You are right ,never leave feedback until you receive your items and have opened and inspected it to insure it was well packaged, damaged and as described.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I have sent feedback reminders but it is never in a manner that could be considered offensive.

I sincerely hope you don't run into problems sending feedback reminders.  Offense is in the eyes of the beholder, many don't like "reminders" and most posters say, never poke the sleeping bear.  

You just might get feedback that you really don't want.

For example, true story of feedback left:

A nice, red doughnut that said,

HERE'S THE FEEDBACK YOU BUGGED ME FOR!

Of course, your call.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@cathys-collectibles-store,

This topic is an old one, and has a solution, so there's no reason to dredge it up again.  Castlemagic's reply to what you posted is absolutely true. Never send any kind of message to a buyer, about feedback no matter how polite. Feedback is VOLUNTARY.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply