cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Strange Email From ebay

Weird. I just received this strange email notice from ebay. It says that a certain 3 kitty figurine set is no longer available. Really? Could it be because I bought it? I have it at home here sitting in the bookcase that had been my grandmother's. I enjoy them every day as I walk by them. Has anyone else gotten a strange email like this?  😁

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I sometimes get the ones that say "you didn't win this auction, but we've found similar items for you.", after I've won and paid.  Just the bots working overtime.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I wouldn't call it weird, just one of those auto glitches. Items that you view will trigger an auto generated reminder type of message in the hopes a buyer will come back to purchase. If the item sells, I often receive these as a reminder that while that one sold, I can still find another. Yes, this has happened with items that I in fact purchased myself because it is all automated. These errors often occur with automated messages.

Just like I often receive an auto generated call asking me to confirm my upcoming Dr. appointment. After doing so, I typically receive a second automated call once again asking me to confirm. They tell me to just ignore the second call.... 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You bought them and are enjoying them so ebay (aka Caption Obvious), is just pointing out to you that they are no longer available.

So they are correct, unless you decide to sell them. If you do decide to sell them, don't be surprised if you get an email from ebay telling you 'Great News! An item you are interested in is for sale!' 😂

Message 4 of 4
latest reply