cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 years on ebay. I've never encountered this.

I was watching an item.

The seller sent me a offer.

I accepted the offer.

Now when I go to pay, it turns out the seller does/will not ship to Hawaii.

When I try to pay I get this message...

Screen Shot 2023-11-23 at 3.27.39 AM.png

If I try to request order total, I get this message...

Screen Shot 2023-11-23 at 3.27.57 AM.png

The option to cancel the sale is not there.

I messaged the seller about this, asking to cancel the order but  he keeps asking me for the order number.

There is no order number as  far as I can see.

Maybe because it hasn't been paid for yet?

In the meantime the item remains in my shopping cart and I have no way of getting rid of it.

Any ideas?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

@inhawaii 

Try going to your purchase history, this item should be in your unpaid items. There's a button to click at the top to show unpaid items only if you don't see it right away. If the transaction has an order number, it should be shown there. (I don't have any unpaid items there to check, but all of my paid items show the order number on this page).

If there is no order number shown there, send the seller the item number, and tell him that there is no order number because you haven't been able to pay for it.

https://www.ebay.com/mye/myebay/v2/purchase

lacemaker3_0-1700747119479.png

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

I checked my purchase history.

Every transaction has a order number EXCEPT this one.

Again, I assume it's because I haven't paid yet?

I reached out to the seller again with just the item number.

Hopefully that's enough.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Screen Shot 2023-11-23 at 4.08.30 AM.png

I guess I shouldn't watch/accept offer for items that don't ship to Hawaii.

They offered, I liked the price, I accepted.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Maybe the seller does not know that in 1959 Hawaii became a state of the USA. Wow i did not know you could exclude states you do not want to ship to. I thought if you sold in the USA it meant all of the USA.

On a nother note 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I'm glad you got that sorted out. Too bad you couldn't get the item you wanted.

I had something similar a couple of weeks ago, but the UK seller had blocked purchases outside of his allowed shipping area. That's what your seller should have done. I asked my seller if he would reconsider shipping to the USA. I'd been watching the items for a long time before he sent out an offer. He said No, sorry.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. I'm sure you're a lot warmer than where I am.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@4pawsup* wrote:

Maybe the seller does not know that in 1959 Hawaii became a state of the USA. Wow i did not know you could exclude states you do not want to ship to. I thought if you sold in the USA it meant all of the USA.

I don't even bother arguing/explaining that to some sellers anymore.

I used to, but I gave up.

I believe this particular item costs the same to ship Ground Advantage  from NY to Hawaii as it does to ship from NY to CA.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

The ONLY states you can exclude are Hawaii & Alaska, but that's really only an issue of the item has to go ground.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

It seems to me that ebay is at fault with this one.

They shouldn't send offers that go against the seller's shipping settings.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Screen Shot 2023-11-23 at 4.08.30 AM.png

I guess I shouldn't watch/accept offer for items that don't ship to Hawaii.

They offered, I liked the price, I accepted.

Ebay sends watchers offers and claims they only send it to eligible buyers. Sellers can not see who the watchers are.

I guess ebay needs to fix this.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I was watching an item.

The seller sent me a offer.

I accepted the offer.

Now when I go to pay, it turns out the seller does/will not ship to Hawaii.

When I try to pay I get this message...

Screen Shot 2023-11-23 at 3.27.39 AM.png

Sounds like an ebay glitch that you were even able to accept the offering.

If I try to request order total, I get this message...

Screen Shot 2023-11-23 at 3.27.57 AM.png

The option to cancel the sale is not there.

I messaged the seller about this, asking to cancel the order but  he keeps asking me for the order number.

There is no order number as  far as I can see.

Maybe because it hasn't been paid for yet?

In the meantime the item remains in my shopping cart and I have no way of getting rid of it.

Any ideas?

Sounds like an ebay glitch that you were even able to accept the offer in the first place ... I am unable to bid/buy/offer on items That exclude p o box shipping If po box is my default shipping address.

Items don't get assigned an order # until order is placed (paid).

Must ship to contiguous US (48 states). 

Happy Thanksgiving all! 

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

It’s kinda stupid to exclude the islands. I ship there all the time. Priority Mail costs about 8 bucks with ebay labels gets there super fast and not that expensive.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

It actually popped up withing first 5 years of the site opening. Exclusions to Hawaii involve shipping time & past history of terrible local post office handling / fraud. Over time, many of the older sellers have excluded them for these reasons. The extreme temps & weather conditions also have not helped as many products won't survive the trip, making restrictions even worse shipping certain items.

Sadly, not every location in the world is entitled to equal price savings.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@ajs_coins_and_alchemy wrote:

Sounds like an ebay glitch that you were even able to accept the offer in the first place ... I am unable to bid/buy/offer on items That exclude p o box shipping If po box is my default shipping address.

It may not be a glitch, @ajs_coins_and_alchemy, although I'm not sure why you get prevented from making purchases with a PO box as your default address but @inhawaii doesn't with a HI address.  To me, it would make sense that someone who has additional addresses on file that would meet the sellers terms would be able to bid/buy/offer as they can change their shipping address to one of those addresses just before making payment.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

There was a time where I was completely unable to bid on a seller's auctions and I got the message that they don't ship to my address and I needed to change my default/primary shipping address. (I had multiple addresses on file, only 1 fell on their excluded list, PO Box.)

@marnotom! Just because you have mutliple addresses on file does NOT mean you should be allowed to bid/buy because you can change the address in the end. Bidding/buying is, of course, a committment to purchase

.. So technically you're committing to buy and that includes having it shipped to you. In @inhawaii case, if his default is his home in HI and his extra addresses are his loved ones in New York. How would inhawaii ship his item to himself if that means he can only ship to the mainland and then re-ship or forward to himself? Its not like "oops" its my HI PO box let me ship it to my HI home.

I understand the premise of your argument, but I don't believe it holds that much water ... because you EASILY lead yourself into a situation where you're committed to buy something you can't reasonably ship to yourself. And even if you have multiple addresses and even if they are addresses that qualify, that doesn't mean they are viable options. Having an acceptable/viable/shippable addresses as your DEFAULT address is an affirmative or positive action that confirms you will be able and willing to ship/accept this .... not to mention the shipping cost presented at time of accepting offer is presented based on default address ... IDK I just see a ton of problems if you let someone commit to a purchase if their default is on the "excluded"  ship-to list and they dont realize they'll need to pick an alternative, especially when Hawaii might be excluded so the next best option is 100's of not 1000's of miles away

Message 15 of 25
latest reply