cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20% off coupon 6/6/18

I purchased a $59.00 item using the 20% coupon following the directions carefully and the invoice reflected the discount.  However, the seller changed the amount back to the original price.  When I asked him what happened about the coupon and he said he didn’t know anything about any coupon.  I tried to call ebay and there was a 2 hour delay to talk to a representative.  Am I just screwed or what?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: 20% off coupon 6/6/18

A site wide coupon isn't paid by the individual sellers, it's paid by Ebay. Post a screen shot of the receipt on the Ebay Facebook page.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Purchases had to be made before 7 p.m. Pacific Time.  Did you miss the cut off?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

No.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I received a receipt for the discounted amount, so the discount was accepted but seller would not honor.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

A site wide coupon isn't paid by the individual sellers, it's paid by Ebay. Post a screen shot of the receipt on the Ebay Facebook page.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

you will need to write ebay through the chat.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Ebay has no chat in the US; you must call customer service or post on social media.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I bet if you open the paypal transaction, you'll see that you are mistaken and the coupon was used to fund the payment. The seller has nothing to do with the coupon, ebay pays the seller the difference. All records reflect the actual price of the item not the discounted price so if you open the paypal transaction, you'll see the coupon was applied.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@perrychanamos wrote:

I received a receipt for the discounted amount, so the discount was accepted but seller would not honor.  

The seller doesn't even know that you used a coupon. There's no option for them to honor or not honor it.

Look at the PayPal transaction details.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply