cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Studio Buttons

How many of you like to collect studio buttons? I think they are the most wonderful little pieces of mini art there is! What types do you like the best?
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Studio Buttons

Bump
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Studio Buttons

Cheryl: I want the discussions to move to the top when there is something fresh to say. Please don't use the bump technique in this chat group. Thanks. -Carol C-
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Studio Buttons

Sorry about the Carol was just trying to get a response. perhaps later I will. thanks for letting me know.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Studio Buttons

It's ok Cheryl. I love studio buttons of all types. As a collector and competitor at state and national shows, I find studio buttons can fill difficult to find material needs as well as offer some great material combinations and desirable pictorial classes.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Studio Buttons

Hi Cheryl, I see this is a little old, but I wanted to bring up Studio buttons. My button club has submitted an award for 2007 for studio buttons and was wondering who you collect from and which studio buttons are your favorite. Thanks - Linda at The Responder
Linda Falkenthal
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Studio Buttons

I like just about all studio buttons which are truly handcrafted and creatively inspired. A few words about what might make a winning studio buttons tray. First, you have to be really careful not to overload on pictorials. It is hard to find non-pictorial studio buttons so that'll be the challenge in putting this tray together. Whenever you are doing such a tray you need to be sure to represent the pictorial sections with at least one button from each but not more than 20% pictorial on the whole tray. Embellishments and trim will count as will different materials. The more materials the more points. Be sure to have at least one of these three shapes: linear (outside edge shape); contour (shape on top); realistic. Don't overload with realistics. Hope this basic competition info helps as you consider what to add to your tray. Look for various materials and subjects plus those hard-to-find non-pictorial (patterns are good to look for, see the list in the NBS blue book) types. -Carol-
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Studio Buttons

I'm very new to this section and would like to know what Bump is and what is it supposed to do? Also, Antlercarv's studio buttons are absolutely beautiful. I bought his green man button. It's a piece of art. I was the complainer about priority shipping too. I have a budget, and priority takes a bit more when it's needless.
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Studio Buttons

As moderator of this group I will no longer allow bump to be used to move a topic to the head of the discussion board. There must be some reason to move the topic by typing in actual comments. Bump is used for the sole reasn of moving a topic to the top of the list, in fact any comments made will move the topic. So, I won't tolerate just "bump" being used to move the topic in the future. Add to the discussion or don't try to manage this group with bumps to move stuff. About Todd's buttons, they are great. I just bought a casein and celluloid apple/leaf one which I like very much. I also think it could have been sent by first class for a few dollars as well. The certificate he was worried about getting wrinkled was indeed quite bent from the heavy ceramic gift included in the box. So, the main reason for shipping priorty mail didn't really hold up in this case. Rethink your shipping policy Todd, it'll make bidders happier in the long run. -Carol C-
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Studio Buttons

Just so everyone is aware, I have changed my shipping policy due to 2 recent requests along those lines. I now offer 1st Class. I still prefer priority, but 1st class is listed as an option, and about 1/2 my recent customers have chosen this option. I am also discontinuing the ceramic GWP. Thank-you folks for your kind words regarding my craftsmanship. Todd
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Studio Buttons

P.S. Some of my buttons are in the Photo albums, Antlercarv's Studio Buttons.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Studio Buttons

I just love this group...I always learn alot ...I know that I am very new at button collecting....but I know there is alot to learn...and it is fun!! Now I know a bit more about studio buttons Thanks!
Live with Passion.....
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Studio Buttons

Want to put a good word in for Todd. He is a caring and talented studio artist who does respond to the wants of his customers. I also misstated the material on the button I purchased from him. It was not part celluloid, it was bakelite and catalin, my mistake. While bakelite and catalin are basically the same plastic, typically the catalin brand name of phenolic resin is available in brighter colors and some people report that catalin doesn't test the same as the bakelite brand name, just to explain the difference.
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Studio Buttons

Thanks Todd for listening to us about First Class for buttons. I hope you will see a positive improvement where more people will be bidding on your beautiful buttons. I'm centainly considering it. Also, I added your name to my Studio button list for my Club in Colorado. Thanks - Linda at The Responder
Linda Falkenthal
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Studio Buttons

I miss Colorado:( I spent 12 consecutive summers and several springs there. Postings will be sparse for the next couple weeks. I am preparing for my spring, show tour, but I will try to keep tantalizing you folks fairly regularly. Thanks, Todd
Message 15 of 16
latest reply