cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay ended my auction listing because there are no sales of the item.

Almost all of my ebay sales are by fixed price listing, most accepting best offers.   The great majority are books.

I grew up in St. Louis, where one of the most beloved river boats was the SS Admiral, which entertained locals from the 30s to the 1970s.

A year ago I picked up a souvenir sailor's cap labeled S S Admiral.  I searched for a similar item for months, without success.

Having no true idea of value I put it up for auction starting at $39.  I got 56 views but no bids.

After the listing ended, ebay put a note in my ebay saying They ended the listing because they had no similar sales.  They suggested I change my listing.  My listing described the item, with S S Admiral as a keyword that I believe would attract attention.

Has anybody else seen this?  I am especially concerned that I do sell books that can not be found on any bookselling site.  That is what we want. Has ebay decided that scarcity is bad?

I am relisting the auction as it was so you folks can see it and let me know if I am missing something.  I did lower the starting price by $5.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ebay ended my auction listing because there are no sales of the item.

@bugler1998 

Looks Good as a Listing to me ... (don't do many Auctions lately - but think i know a little on Titles/Searches)

i would add the company name Weisman to your Title

(there are a dozen or so listings under the search weisman novelty hat - with 1 recently sold item) ...

and perhaps River Boat along with Steamer ? - If room allows..

Best of Luck and Smooth Transactions. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Since eBay has become obsessed with item specifics, you might add a few.

For example, "Brand" would be "Weisman" and "Country of Manufacture" would be "USA".

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Change title to steam boat as well as steamer....

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I never read the notification of ended items. 

I look through the trash file from time to time and there will be, literally, hundreds of notifications of items ending, items relisted and so forth. For auctions, it's "Your item didn't sell but if you tweak it" or some such **bleep**e.

Straight to the rubbish bin with them, since I can't turn them off.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply