cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card abuse

I bought three books on April 5, i thought was paperback as i didn't see in ad that they were hardbacks.   The 3 books were all under 2 companies with same address in Houston.  The credit card i used to pay for them was used in New Jersey bought $190. in pizza at Pizza USA and Dior Shorts in a mall there.  My bank is good at contacting me and i stopped them all and ordered a new card.   I contacted the seller and they said Ebay uses a third party and to contact them!  I can't find anything on Ebay about a 3rd party. Cant contact anyone at Ebay about this.   Waiting for my new card, which I pay for amazon subscriptions with.  What a pay in the rear!!!  Ebay is becoming worthless!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Credit card abuse

Those two  sellers in Houston do not have access to your credit card number.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Ebay does use a third party processor, they don't handle the payment themselves.  But odds are your card was compromised somewhere else.  The encryption used online is very strong.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Those two  sellers in Houston do not have access to your credit card number.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@melodharre 

Sellers don't have access to the buyers payment information.

Have you scanned your system for key logger or malware?

Ebay uses Adyen to process the payments.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The seller was trying to tell you that he/she doesn't have your credit card number.  Sellers don't see the card number, just receive the money after Adyen processes it and then eBay deposits it to our bank account.  Sellers cannot use your card for other purchases or charge buyers twice.     

You did the right thing by contacting your bank.  This happened to us several months ago.  The credit card company went over every charge and we only had to pay for the ones we made.  The others were disputed and we didn't have to pay.  There is no explanation for why, it just happened and we did nothing wrong.    Sorry this happened.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you. Your response was the most helpful.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Please-please-please, have someone contact me=== for more than a month, I've been trying to get through to ebay/paypal to give you a new credit card number, because my old one ( the one you're using was hacked on something in my area)  I'm not having any luck getting to the correct site to do this with you. Call me at 1-302-478 7857 or email me with the correct site to get my new number to you, before you shut me out of the system.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply