Guide
There are quite a few books that don't look like anything special. Here's one:

Security Analysis

Message 1 of 1,978
latest reply
1,977 REPLIES 1,977

Re: A book that looks like nothing.

> >
> > I came here to get a handle on "Chinese Cash' identification & price guide. bought at FOL sale, former library copy. teh river has for $150+++, but is that realistic?
>
> Since anyone can pick up a discarded and soiled library book in barely acceptable condition from a dumpster and list it for $1500.00 for free on the river... who knows what is realistic?
>
> If someone mistakenly buys one of those overpriced pieces of trash, do you think the seller will cheerfully refund the money when the customer finds out he paid $1500 for a book not worth $1.00?
>
> This thread is not here for those kind of discussions... this thread is only here to report on those books that have actually sold... and eBay sales are transparent enough that we know what sold and for how much.
>
> i sell ten times as many books on the river than i do on eBay... for probably 2-3 times what the same book would sell for on eBay yet there's no way for anyone to know what the book sold for... so why ask?

Ok, well thanks for the help and the flaming. I needed my fur singed.

Ok, well, thanks for the help.
Message 1741 of 1,978
latest reply

dependabledennis
Enthusiast
> > >
> > >
> Ok, well thanks for the help and the flaming. I needed my fur singed.
>
>
> Ok, well, thanks for the help.

You're most welcome anytime!
Message 1742 of 1,978
latest reply

Hi I have a book "A Household Atlas of the World" by John Wanamaker, 1898. It has about 200 maps, all the countries of the world and maps of each state and territory in the US, provinces of Canada and their subdivisions.

I cannot find an exact copy of this book on the internet. I am wondering if I should list the entire book (and at what price) or sell the individual maps (that would cut my total to a little over 100 map since there is a map on both sides of the page.) Any thoughts on what I can reasonably price the entire book at--or should I go to the trouble of selling them separately. The cover of the book and the end papers are in Fair Condition, but all the maps are in Very Good+ condition. Thanks for any advise you can give me.
Message 1743 of 1,978
latest reply

You need to post this in the Ask any Question Part II thread.
Message 1744 of 1,978
latest reply

emmas98
Enthusiast
Fifty Billion Dollars, My Thirteen Years With the RFC (1932-1945) By Jesse H. Jones with Edward Angly. The Macmillan Company, New York, 1951

This was a plain looking book, green cloth-covered boards, no DJ, 4th printing. Sold for $50

Reminiscences Of A Stock Operator By Edwin Lefevre. With a new Introduction by Benton W. Davis. American Research Council, Larchmont, New York, Copyright 1923. (No publishing date but research showed it was published in 1964).

A hard-cover with tan cloth-covered boards & only a fair DJ sold for $54.
Message 1745 of 1,978
latest reply

Bibliography of Mathematical Works Printed in America Through 1850 by Karpinski, Louis C. Ann Arbor: The University of Michigan Press, 1940.

An ex-library copy sold for $45

http://cgi.ebay.com/FAMOUS-MATH-BIBLIOGRAPHY-KARPINSKI-1940-MATHEMATICS_W0QQitemZ260468230986QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAntiquarian_Collectible?hash=item3ca51dcb4a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Message 1746 of 1,978
latest reply

"And of course many bios or tell-all books on Michael Jackson have become big sellers. Some examples are:
Moonwalk by Michael Jackson - the 1988 HC/DJ can sell for anywhere between $175 to over $300. Another bio by Jackson is fetching a similar price and is titled Dancing the Dream, a 1992 HC.

I thnk it's a safe bet for a seller to grab any books by any Jackson member - a 1992 pb by mom Katherine titled My Family, the Jackson recently sold for $132
."

As time goes on, it is NO LONGER a safe bet to grab any books by any Jackson member. 1) M. J. has finally been laid to rest. 2) News reports in the media about M.J. and/or his family are getting fewer and fewer, so the popularity is dying down. 3) Some of the books, etc. are being republished.

The Moonwalk book is being republished, supposedly for $15, on Oct. 13. The current lowest price on the river for the older edition hb is $34.95, down from $200 and up. (We sold one of these in July for $230 -had some condition issues, else would've gotten more).

Dancing the Dream has been re-released in the U.K. It can be bought on the U.K. river site for $21 and some change, incl s/h. (We sold one of the older versions, an ex-library copy, in July for $250.)

Ebony Magazine had a tribute to M.J. in their Dec. 2007 issue. We sold an ex-lib copy for $70 in early August. Though the asking price on the river has gone up to $200, Ebony Magazine recently published a new tribute and prices on the river show for as low as $9.99.

Women are angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that.
Message 1747 of 1,978
latest reply

whew! what a job:

I went through this thread because I've added some volunteer bookscouts to my bookselling staff and they asked for a list of stuff to cull from the dumpster-bound donations to the FOL

among them, of course, Security Analysis--their business guru tosses anything older than 10 years old (YAY!)

one thing I've found in this endeavor, since this thread goes back 7 years or so--

I researched the authors (not the titles) of these books on Amazon. I found one of two things: either an author is uniformly priced at a decent bottom point, or the author and the book cited is not worth my dime and time.

For example: Satnrose suggested a Victor Olgyay title. ALL of them are worth picking up at regular FOL or estate sale prices, some will be more profitable than others.

Like he says: If you go fishing, shoot all the fish.
"Less in my pockets meant less on my mind".
~~~~~~~~~~guess
Message 1748 of 1,978
latest reply

Someone clue me in? I have my theory....

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/ashleycmays/Thousands/?action=view&current=WTHeck.jpg

I screen shot bc I know they're removed quickly before selling to worthlesspoint.
Message 1749 of 1,978
latest reply

there's a rumor that the brown Green acid that 's been circulating is bad,
but it's your trip
"Less in my pockets meant less on my mind".
~~~~~~~~~~guess
Message 1750 of 1,978
latest reply

Run of the mill Deans Rag Books sell pretty low, however, there are a few - including those illustrated by Cecil Aldin - that list for large $$ on fp sites. Usually in the 1k area. They rarely appear online.

I've purchased three on ebay for multiple 100s each.

One, Cecil Aldin's Farm Book, carries only his name, Two others, Animals Picnic and Animals School Treat credit Christopher Bingham as author of the text, Aldin as illustrator.

Because the combined available Aldin biblios do not add up to a complete list, I don't know if Deans produced other Aldin titles.

Message 1751 of 1,978
latest reply

Thanks, Gismas. I like Aldin's work, plus his style was so distinctive - easy to spot from across the room.
Message 1752 of 1,978
latest reply

booksbyteresa
Enthusiast
Christiane F, a small mass market paperback, published by bantam in the early 80's. I have sold it several times this year for between $50 and $75 dollars. All the ones I sold were in acceptable condition. So I imagine a better copy would go for more, as it is unlikely to find a MM paperback in Very good condition
Books Books and yes, more Books
Message 1753 of 1,978
latest reply

dependabledennis
Enthusiast
Christiane F, a small mass market paperback, published by bantam in the early 80's.

hi Teresa,

i'm not sure on this one, so please advise... is Christiane F the name of the paperback? Or are you replying to someone on this board by the name of Christiane F about some book? i've searched but cannot find anyone with that exact spelling... but could it be Christine or a similar name?

Yes, it is hard to find used PBs in VG or better condition! :>)

The eBay system is working correctly today (rare) and it shows we are on a new long page (of 50 topics per page and 50 posts per page) so i'm posting an up-to-date copy of the index to this discussion without the Christaine F entry for now, until i hear from you...

thanx
dennis
Message 1754 of 1,978
latest reply

dependabledennis
Enthusiast
The latest index to "A Book that Looks Like Nothing"... Halloween Day 31 Oct 2009

In the interest of saving space (and not posting here a repetitive detailed explanation on how to use this list) this is an index to this thread and appears at the top of each long page (please set your prefernces to 50 topics per page and 50 posts per page). Reference numbers are approximate since eBay later deleted three postings in the #700 range... for more details please refer to posting #837 (used to be #838) dated 05Mar2006
For the benefit of newbies: SC = Softcover, not South Carolina; HC = Hardcover, not half.com; River = Amaz0n (a very bad word on eBay if you spell it correctly!); pb = Paperback; $%^&* = censored!

Title:
5 To Die by Jerry LeBlanc (pb)
501 Questions Every Bartender Should Know How to Answer... by Robert Plotkin, 1993 (#1398)
Abba: The Complete Recording Sessions (1994)
AB Bookman - been defunct for years, if your library has back issues (#736)
A Biographical Dictionary of Saints by the Rt. Rev. E.G. Holweck (#888)
A Book of Spinning Wheels by Joan Whittaker Cummer. Published in 1993 (#1326)
A Brief Introduction to the Infinitesimal Calculus, Designed Especially to Aid in Reading Mathematical Economics and Statistics by Irving Fisher (1897)
A Child's Garden of Grass by Jack Margolis, Pocket Books (and a couple others), paperback (#1718)
A Course In Miracles (#755)
Across the Pacific in a China Clipper by Fritz Ernst 1938 1st Ed signed (#1006)
Adamant by Nicholas K Roerich 1923 softcover 1st ed (#1178, 1181)
A Dance in Blood Velvet by Freda Warrington
Advanced Speaker Designs For the Hobbyist and Technician by Roy Alden 1995 (#1417)
Adventures in Unhistory by Avram Davidson
Aerial Tramways, The Trenton-Bleichert System of Reversible... by American Steel & Wire Co. (#1510)
A Girl and Five Brave Horses by Sonora Carver Ex-Library fair copy (#849)
A Hermit in the House by Helena Olson - about Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (#740)
A History of Scotts Hill Tennessee by Gordon H Turner Sr 1977 Carter Printing Co (#1100)
Alaskan Tales by Russell Annabel
Alcoholics Anonymous 1st Edition (2nd Ed is becoming rare)
Alcoholics Anonymous 1st Edition (#759-760, 1336)
Aleister Crowley: The Man: The Mage: The Poet by Charles Richard Cammell (1st Ed) (#769)
Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators by Robert Arthur
Alice in Wonderland The Illustrated Modern Library edition
All Generations Shall Call Me Blessed by Neil Clark Warren (eharmony.com's founder)
A Map and History of Peiping - Frank Dorn. 1936 (#1575
A Mathematical Theory of Evidence by Glenn Shafer
American Homes To-day by Augusta Owen Patterson
American Maps and Mapmakers: Commercial Cartography... by Walter Ristow 1985 (#1519)
American Popular Song, The Great Innovators 1900-1950 by Alec Wilder, 1972 (#1355)
American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis - pb 1st printing is first ed - potentially $$ (#803)
Analysis and Evaluation of Pumping Test Data by G P Kruseman 2001 Hard Cover(#1418-20)
Anam Cara by John O' Donohue 1st edition (#1507-1509)
Anamorphs #49: The Ultimate published by Scholastic (#800-801)
An Aperture Monograph by Diane Arbus, copyright 1972 1st printing of 1st ed, hc w/dj (#984)
And Miles to Go by Linell Smith
An Etymological Dictionary of Modern English by Ernest Weekley (1921)
A New York Boy by Arthur Lee Putnam [Horatio Alger] 1890 cover, 1891 copyright (#1195-98)
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, Pocket Books 1st printing (book is now worthless #1529)
Angels & Demons by Dan Brown (#745-6) (book is now worthless #1529)
Anglican Services, Church of England rites, 1953 (#1360)
Animal Kingdom, another Golden Book illustrated by Charles Harper, 1968 (#1351
Animorphs #49 (#893)
Aran Knitting by Alice Starmore
Army of the Potomac by Bruce Catton,3 book set,trade/BCE dj/no dj, leather (#812, 1371)
A Rose in Winter by Shana Abe (1998) Paperback Good Condition (#1033)
Art of the Comeback by Donald Trump
A Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leopold (first edition only, zillions of others nothing)
Aspects of the Tain, editor J P Mallory ISBN 0951706829 (#714)
A Stranger's Arms by Carla Laymon (aka Richard Laymon) A Dark Desire Romance (pb)
Atomics for the Millions by Maxwell Leigh Eidinoff and Hyman Ruchlis
Australian Cattle Dogs The First Five Years 1980-1985 (#825-826)
Authentic Arabrian Bloodstock by Judith Forbis (#793)
Authorized Al by Weird Al Yankovic (pb)
Avalon Hill War Games - just about any of the role playing material (#733)
A Wonderful Time by Slim Aarons
Bald As I Wanna Be by Tony Kornheiser
Barawitzka Lauter Kapitäne, keine Matrosen by Karl Vettermann written in German (#827)
Beat the Market: A Scientific Stock Market System by Edward Thorp (1st prtg 1967) (also #792)
Bed Number Ten by Mary Zimmeth Schomaker
Beginning The World by Karen Armstrong
Bells of Lowell Series by Tracie Peterson (even pb's)
Best Friends by Mary Bard
Best Friends at School by Mary Bard
Best Friends in Summer by Mary Bard
Better Homes and Gardens Story Book - 1950 (#912)
Betty Crocker’s Cooking Calender 1962 spiral bound hardcover (#1672)
Betty Crocker's New Picture Cookbook from the 1960's (not the 50's) (#1348-9)
Beyond the PawPaw Trees: The Story of Anna Lavinia by Palmer Brown
Bibliography of Mathematical Works Printed in America through 1850 by Karpinski, Louis C, 1940 (#1745)
Billionaire by Ivan Fallon
Billion Dollar Baby by Bob Greene (fair pb will go for good$$$s)
Birds of Europe, N. Africa and the Middle East - Lars Jonsson (#1360)
Birds of New Guinea - Bruce Beehler 1988 (#1360)
Black Jack Ketchum, Last Of The Hold-Up Kings by E Bartholomew
Black's Law Dictionary (1,2,3 editions bring the most)
Blinded by the Right by David Brock (book is worthless per #1125)
Blood of her Ancestors by Lucy Agnes Hancock (Harlequin Romance)
Born of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon (a Kinley MacGregor fantasy romance) (pb)
Boss 302 Mustang: Fords Trans Am Pony Car by Donald Farr (#1316-1317)
Bounce Girl by Dean & Gerda Koontz 1970 (#960)
Boys' Book of Radio & Electronics - Alfred Morgan (#1360)
Bruce Catton's Army of the Potomac,3 book set,trade/BCE dj/no dj (#812)
Bubble Bubble by Mercer Mayer
Buford - True Story of Walking Tall Sheriff Buford Pusser
Bushwacked by Molly Ivans
Calico, Shall it be another Pandora's Box (1940's mining claims pamphlet)
Call Me Chestaloozy by Lord Chesterfield Radcliff Boxer (#985)
Canes and Walking Sticks by Stein - Softcover (#834)
Cardiff Yesterday (#19 in the series) by Stewart Williams (#879)
Carney's House Party by Maud Hart Lovelace
Carnival Strippers by Susan Meiselas
Carola by Felix Forrest
Caroline books by Jane Carruth and Pierre Probst
Catalog Raisonne, although the book is in a foreign language, it's a keeper
Champion Textbook on Embalming by Eliab Myers MD, 1908 edition (#1224)
Cherry Ames Nurse Series books circa 1940's (childrens) (earliest $15 & final brings $$ per #1597)
Cherry Ames Student Nurse (1943) (only earliest $15 per #1597)
Cherry Ames Veteran's Nurse (1946) (only earliest $15 per #1597)
Childcraft Books
Chilly Billy by Peter Mayle, 1983 Used SC children's book (#1017)
Chinchilla News C.A.A.'s National Yearbook (1952-1953) (#990-994)
Chip Hilton (sports) books by Claire Bee
Choose Life or Death, The Reams Biological Theory of Ionization by A R Harrison (pb) (1978)
Christiane F., the autobiography of a heroin addict (#903, 904)
Classics of the Old West by Time-Life, partial set of 23 reprints (#1007)
Clifford by Norman Bridwell and anything by the same author
Coal by Jason Grant (pb)
Coin World (#741)
Coffee edited by R. J. Clarke and R. Macrae, 6 volume set, sold seperately used for $330 (#1722)
Collin's Black Hills History and Directory for 1878-9 Chas Collins, Dakota Territory (1878)
Columbia University Alumni Directory 2004
Common Sense by Thomas Paine (paperback) 1976 by Medallic Arts Company (#748)
Competence at Work: Models for Superior Performance by Signe M Spencer 1993 (#1680)
Cooperative Business Enterprise
Cop Without A Badge by Charles Kipps 1995 1st Ed HC (#1733)
Creative Paper Design by Rolf Ernst Rottger, 1959, 1968 (#1737)
Crimson Night by Trisha Baker (pre #709 also see #806)
Curious George by Margaret and H A Rey and anything by the same authors
Curly by Frank Vandenberg
Cyaniding for Gold by Ion Idriess 1939 edition (#1666)
Cycads of South Africa by Cynthia Giddy (#1345)
Cycles of the Werewolf by Stephen King (hb 1st ed) (also #792)
Danger Below by John Blaine
Dark Tower IV, Wizard and Glass by Stephen King 1st Ed HB (#902)
Dartmouth's Jack-O-Lantern, a student publication, from the early 1920's (#1350)
David Adler by Richard Pratt 1970 (#1235)
Day Trading with Short Term Price Patterns & Opening Range Breakout by Toby Crabel
Dear and Glorious Physician by Taylor Caldwell
Decorative Crochet Magazines in lots (#1345)
Delaney's Desert Sheikh by Brenda Jackson 2002 (#1448)
Denim Design Lab by Brian Robbins Copyright 2005 ISBN 0977301206 (#1087-1094, 1096-7)
Design With Climate: Bioclimatic Approach to Architectural Regionalism by Victor Olgyay (#1642)
Devils Guard by George Robert Elford (pb)
Dianetics by L Ron Hubbard
Digital Fortress by Dan Brown (book is now worthless #1529)
Disco by Albert Goldman
Disco Bloodbath
Divine Healing Diamonds by Lilian B. Yeomans M.D. 1933 paperback (#1671)
Doc Savage double novels from the 80s by Bantam
Don Quixote by Cervantes, illustrations by Salvador Dali, Modern Library Illustrated Ed 1946 (#1246)
Don Quixote De La Mancha 1797 (all 5 volumes) in good condition (#862)
Don Quixote De La Mancha 1797/1798 in Spanish 5 vol in leather (#950)
Don Quixote De La Mancha 1800's in English (#950)
Don Sturdy at Glacier Bay (#721)
Double Helix, by James Watson, Atheneum, 1968 (#1310)
Down the Colorado by John Wesley Powell
Dragon Sword and Wind Child by Noriko Ogiwara
Dunaway, Reminiscences of a Rebel by Neale, 1913 (#784, 785)
Dune
Dungeons & Dragons (Original D&D Set) (1973-1979) (#725)
Dungeons & Dragons War Games - just about any of the role playing material (#733)
Dynamic Judo Throwing Techniques by Kazuzo Kudo (1967)
Easy Introduction to the Slide Rule by Isaac Asimov
Economics of Stationary States, by A C Pigou, Macmillan. 1935
Eighteen Straight Whiskeys by Michael Easton
Emily Of Deep Valley by Maud Hart Lovelace (1950 First Printing)
Empty and Full The Language of Chinese Painting Francois Cheng 1994, Shambala Softcover
Enter Whining by Fran Drescher (#770 states it is no longer worth the $ to invest)
Equine Dentistry Manual - Volume II by Jeffrey Dale 1986 spiral in acceptable condition (#1704)
Eragon by Christopher Paolini, self published paperback about 2002 (#1278-1281)
Erin's Sons in America: The Ancient Order of Hibernians by John T Ridge (pb)
Europe at this Moment - a religious pamphlet by Gerald Winrod 1939 (#1301)
Europe On 5 Dollars A Day by Arthur Frommer 1961 (#1493)
Everybody's Shakespeare by Roger Hill and Orson Welles
Experience of Landscape by Appleton (#737)
Experimental Animation: Origins of a New Art by Robert Russett & Cecile Starr (editors) (#727)
Exploring Creation With Biology (textbook) by Dr Jay L Wile
Eye of the World by Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series, book 1 (pb)
Fact & Fancy About Cigars and Tobacco by Morton L Annis, Sr paperback 1st Prt 1967 (#1133-4)
Fast Times at Ridgemont High by Cameron Crowe (pb)
Fatal Voyage by Kathy Reichs
Ferromagnetism by Richard M Bozeworth (#799)
Fiction by Joseph Altsheler
Field Guide To Japanese Birds
Fifty Billion Dollars, My Thirteen Years With the RFC (1932-1945) By Jesse H. Jones 1951 (#1744)
Fifty Years of American Golf by HB Martin (#1577)
Fighter Gunnery, Army Air Forces Training Command, 1st ed, June 1944, prepared by The Army Air Forces Training Command in Matagorda Peninsula, Foster Field, TX (#788/#5345 of AskAny)
Fighting For Life, Contest, Sexuality, & Consciousness by Walter J. Ong - sc, 1st pb ed 1989
Flamingos by Janet Kear and Nicole Duplaix-Hall 1975 T & A D Poyser (#1224)
Flexible Shaft Machine Jewelry Techniques, O'Connor (#1113)
Folium Reservatum by George Catlin
Francis Schaeffer Christian Theology Complete Works, Set of 5 Volumes 1982 new (#1622)
Frankenstein by Shelley (19th century editions)
French Pasrty, Confectionery and Sweets by E.J. Kollist -1939 (#931-933)
Frogs Into Princes by Richard Bandler
From Here to Nirvana, The Yoga Journal Guide to Spiritual India by Anne Cushman/Jerry Jones (#1312)
Fused Salts (Chemistry/Electrochemistry)
Garland Reference Library of the Humanities (Some titles seem worth looking for) (#719)
Gas (Ballantine's illustrated history of the violent century) by Ian V Hogg 1975 pb (#1614-17; 1628)
Generalized Compliance Training by Siegrfired Engelmann
Give Me Liberty by Anne Brock (popular romance writer Suzanne Brockmann) (#1647)
Glovemaking for Beginners by Natalie S. Woolf, 1951. Soft cover (#1336)
Goa Freaks by ? poster gave no date nor info, might recall later? (#1397)
God's Judgement on Russia - religious pamphlet by Gerald Winrod 1947 (#1301)
Goodnight Moon by Clifford and anything by the same author
Goose Fever by Douglas McDougall (Magnum Edition)
Gor (science fiction) by John Norman (usually pb)
Gordon Press - any technology title
Gordon's Jet Flight by Little Golden Books (#1136)
Gray's Manual of Botany 8th Ed. Edited by M L Fernald
Green Bay Workhorses, The Nau Tug Line by George Nau Burridge
Greenberg's Guide to Gilbert Erector Sets Vol 2 1933-1962 by William Bean published in 1998
Gregg Press SF sets produced in 1975-1986 libraries are starting to deaccession
Grooks by Piet Hein were written when Denmark was occupied by Germans (#1700)
Hallucinogenic Plants by Richard Evans Schultes (A Golden Guide) (#868)
Handbook of Electron Tube and Vacuum Techniques by Fred Rosebury (#799)
Handbook of Iron Meteorites by Vagn F. Buchwald
Handbook of Materials and Techniques for Vacuum Devices by Walter H Kohl (#799)
Handbook of Mixed Methods Social and Behavioral Research Edited by Abbas Tashakkori (#1626)
Hangover Square by Patrick Hamilton
Hard Hitting Songs for Hard-Hit People by John or Alan Lomax (pb)
Hansen Handbook for Piloting the Inland Waters of Pugent Sound... by R F Farwell 1931 (#935)
Heath Nostalgia by Terry Perdue (pb) (#895)
Heaven's Prisoners by James Lee Burke
Heinlein Juveniles - printed by Scribners in hard cover (#799)
Hercule Poirot
Here Lies the Heart by Mercedes de Acosta (#1607)
Hero at Large by Steffie Hall aka Janet Evanovich - paperback (#1216)
High Time by Mary Lasswell (1944)
Hike and the Aeroplane by Tom Graham (pseud for Sinclair Lewis)
History of England 1801 first edition (#721)
History of the Donner Party by C. F. McGlashan (plain pb)
Hooper Humperdink by Theo LeSieg
Howard Hughes and the Spruce Goose by John McDonald
How Daddy Became a Beachcomber by Marilyn Hedley 1947 1st edition extremely rare (#1732)
How I found Freedom in an Unfree World by Harry Browne (#939-940)
How I Turned $1,000.00 into (1,3,5) Million in Real Estate in My Spare Time by Wm Nickerson
HOWITZER West Point Military Academy yearbooks (#892)
Howl for Carl Solomon by Allen Ginsberg
How Many Miles to Babylon by Violet Needham (#738)
How To Build A Working Digital Computer by Edward Alcosser 1969 (#867)
How to Make a Telescope by Jean Texereau (#710)
How To Make & Sell Pies and Cookies by Joseph Lambeth 1938 1st ed no dj (#1005)
How to Make the Stock Market Make Money For You by Ted Warren 1966 (#808)
How to Run a Pressure Group
How to Wrap Five Eggs
How to Wrap Five More Eggs
Humic, Fulvic, and Microbial Balance: Organic Soil Conditioning by William R. Jackson PhD
Hung by Leonard Chris (pseudonym for Dean Koontz) - adult pb 1970 (#958)
Hymn and Revival Anecdotes by Rev E S Lorenz, A M © 1887 published 1897 (#1044)
Iceberg by Clive Cussler 1996 BCE
I'd Rather Be the Devil: Skip James and the Blues by Stephen Calt (1994)
Ilsa by Madeliene L'Engle
Impromptu In Moribundia by Patrick Hamilton
Inbreeding to Superior Females... Better Racehorses - Pub by Andrew Reichard 1st ed 1999 (#1148)
In God's Name
International Correspondense School Textbooks, ICS - home machinists and hobbyists (#799)
In The Hebrides by Alice Starmore
In the Wet by Nevil Shute
Interweave Knits (knitting magazine) (#1640)
Introduction to Early American Masonry, Stone, Brick, Mortar, and Plaster by Harley J McKee
Introduction to Structural Dynamics by John Biggs 1964 engineering textbook (#1407-1408)
Israel Without Zionism by Uri Averny (Collier 1971) pocket book
James Joyce and Heraldry by Michael J. O'Shea
Japanese Print Making, Yoshida & Yuki 1966 (#1018)
J D Salinger: A Writing Life by Ian Hamilton (The advance proof only)
Jesus of the Emerald by Gene Stratton Porter (#962)
Jim Thorpe: Tar Heel by Robert W Reising
Journey to Enchantment by Patricia Veryan
J R McChesney: A Lifetime, A Legacy by Lee C. Jacobs 1994, 140 pgs Softcover (#1013)
Kappa Sigma Book Semi Centennial Edition '20
Keep it Simple Stupid by Judge Judy
Keepsake Quilting (cookbook) ISBN 0970413009
Killy by Donald Westlake
Knitting Lace, A Workshop with Patterns and Projects, by Susanna E Lewis 1996 SC (#1180, 1183)
Kuwait and Her Neighbors by H.R.P. Dickson 1956, fair condition (#1131)
Lakeside Press
Lambeth Method of Cake Decorating and Practical Pastries by Joe Lambeth 1937 2nd ed (#1005)
Latawnya, the Naughty Horse, Learns to Say "No" to Drugs by Sylvia S. Gibson (#1560)
Lavius Egyptus or The Unveiling of The Pythagorean Senate by Thomas Sawyer Spivey 1904 (#1270-5)
Lazy Liza Lizard by Mary Curtis Rains (#766)
Leadbelly by John or Alan Lomax (pb)
Left-handed Knitting by Regina Hulburt in paperback (#794) no longer worth $ (#1731)
Legal Horn Books
Let's Tat
Liberace's Cookbook
Life and Times of S Glenn Young World Famous Law Enforcement Officer
Lions Paw by Robb White (a small 35 cent scholastic book)(#1135)
Little Golden Books and similar children's books - early printings (#799)
Living Bible
Locomotive Cyclopedia
Lone Wolf 25: Trail of the Wolf, by Joe Dever, Adventure Gamebook
Los funerales de la Mamá Grande by García Márquez, Gabriel (1962 1st Ed)
Lotus Carlton 1991 Limited Edition Hard Back Car Book (#1383)
Lure of the Bush by Arthur Upfield
Lyric Philosophy (#916)
Machinery Handbook any
Machinery's Handbook 1st ed 1914
Macroeconomics by Campbell McConnell and Stanley Brue; textbook (#1225)
Magica Sexualis (about sex and the occult) (#885)
Magic Crochet Magazines in lots (#1345)
Magnificent Mittens by Anna Zilboorg (#1393)
Maida's Little Treasure Hunt by Inez Haynes Irwin
Make Room! Make Room! by Harry Harrison (1966) (basis for movie 'Soylent Green')
Manifold Destiny by Chris Maynard & Bill Scheller 1989 Used 1st ed paperback (#804, 1105-6, 1119)
Man of High Fidelity: Edwin Howard Armstrong by Lawrence Lessing
Manual of Flotation Processes
Manual to the Lutheran Book of Worship
Marble's Knives and Axes by Konrad F Schreier Jr - 1978 Beinfeld Publishing paperback (#840)
Marc Chagall The Ceiling of the Paris Opera, a large folio size art book (#1246)
Marching Blacks - Adam Powell 1945 1st (#1360)
Margin of Safety: Risk-Averse Value Investing Strategies... by Seth A Klarman (also #1405)
Marihuana by William Irish (pseudonym of Cornell Woolrich) pb
Marketing to Moms: Getting Your Share of the Trillion-Dollar Market by Maria T. Bailey
Marks of American Silversmith's by Belden
Masterpieces in Colour: Rosetti (#855)
Master Scheduling, Second Edition by John F Proud (#775)
Maximizing Small Business Growth: Developing A Bank's Game Plan By Charles B Wendel
May There Be a Road by Louis L'Amour, a leatherette edition (#963-964)
Me Alice: The autobiogaphy of Alice Cooper - fair condition (#1593)
Men At Work by Lewis Hine 1st Edition
Miles Goodyear - First Citizen of Utah Private press,1936 (#1656)
Miss Lonelyhearts by Nathanael West, Signed, First Edition, third issue. Copyright 1933 (#1346)
MIT Radiation Lab Series - any, especially Index vol.
Modeling the Earth for Oil Exploration : Final Report of the Cec's Geoscience I Program 1990-3
Modular Crochet by Judith Copeland 1978 (#1021, 1137-8)
Monastery by Patrick Whalen (pb run of the mill brought $60)
Monkeys by Susan Minot
Montana magazines in the 1950's (#998)
Moongate, Suppressed Findings of the US Space Program by William L. Brian - paperback (#833)
Mormon Encyclopedias, two large volumes, brand new (#847)
Mostly Mittens by Charlene Schurch (#1393)
Mothering Multiples Breastfeeding and Caring for Twins by Karen Gromada SC 1999 (#1062, 1186)
Mountain Ways (about Gatlinburg, TN) (#1708)
Mount Everest 1951 Expedition by Eric Shipton - famous for 2 pictures of Yeti footprints (#752)
Mr. Piper and His Cubs by Devon Francis, copyright 1973, stated 1st edition
Murder Will Speak by J J Connington 1939 1st ed w/DJ Little, Brown and Company (#1139)
Murray's Handbook in Japan
My First Sixty Years in Advertising by Maxwell Sackheim
My Icky Picky Sister by Beth Hazel, Jerome Harste 1984 (#1562)
My Life With Boxers by Friederun Stockmann HB 1968 (#985)
Native Funk & Flash by Alexandra Jacopetti early 1970s sc acceptable condition (#1731)
Natural Horse-Man-Ship by Pat Parelli and Kathy Kadash, paperback (#1670)
Navy Blue: A Study Of Cadet Life Annapolis 1898 by Willis Boyd Allen (#948)
Needs Assessment by Keith A Neuber 1980 ISBN-0803913966 or 9780803913967 (#1123)
Neroccio de' Landi 1447-1500 by Gertrude Coor 1961 (#1558)
New Weather by Paul Muldoon
Ninety and One Years by Julia Thigpen (#810)
Nonlinear Dynamics & Chaos: w/Applications in Physics,Biology,Chemistry by Steven Strogatz
No Third Path by Joseph Novak [Jerzy Kosinski] (1962)
Now and on Earth by Jim Thompson
Number Knitting by Virginia Bellamy 1950 (#1018)
Number Knitting: The New All-Way Stretch Method by Virginia Woods Bellamy
Oddkins by Dean Koontz lst Edition
Odhams Encyclopedia of Knitting by Margaret Agutter James (#1289)
Old Man's War by John Scalzi 1st printing Tor Publishing 2005 ISBN 0765309408 (#1124)
On A Clear Day You Can See General Motors by J Patrick Wright (1979) (re: John DeLorean)
Once A Runner by John Parker - The early PB edition with the white (not red) cover (#877)
Only A Dog by Bertha Smith
Only Two Can Play This Game by G. Spencer-Brown (1st ed; used HB) (#820, 821)
On The Way (a WWII Batallion history book) (#828)
On Your TOES, Susie by Lee Wyndham, Illustrated by Jane Miller, hardcover 1958 (#1556)
Open House Cookbook by Rachael Ray
Operation Mind Control by Walter Bowart (#749)
Origen by Jean Danielou translated by Walter Mitchell
Orlando the Marmalade Cat series of books by Kathleen Hale (#1494)
Orpheus: A World in Chorus by Henri Martin Barzun 1960-2 (#1574)
Orpheus: Modern Culture and the 1913 Renaissance by Henri Martin Barzun 1960-2 (#1574)
Outdoor Mosaic: Original Weather-Proof Designs... by Emma Biggs - hardcover (#1530)
Pacific Coast Highway by Alice Starmore
Pacific Crest Trailway by Clinton C Clarke, 1945 (ex-Library sells) (#943)
Paddy the Next Best Thing - by unknown (1925) (#953)
Pandora of Parhham Royal by Violet Needham (#738)
Papa Married a Mormon by Fitzgerald
Paprika by Erich Von Stroheim 1st Ed (#845)
Paulus and the Acornmen by Jean Duilieu - a children's book (#1619)
Phantom by Susan Kay
Photo books by William Klein (#1652)
Pit Bull by Stephen Geller 1967 1st Ed (#1572-3)
Poems of Childhood illustrated by Maxfield Parrish
Poems of Dawn by the Watchtower 1912 copyright, published in 1918 (#927)
Poetry for Students (it's a textbook) (#850)
Pooh's Library
Portrait of a Capitalist by Henry Huttleston Rogers (Railroadiana)
Poster Girls - Printed in 1980 or 81 (#878)
Practical Analytic Geometry with Application to Aircraft by Roy A Liming 1944 (#1095)
Practical Solution of Torsional Vibration Problems: With examples from... - 1925 (#924)
Precision Draping-1948-Nelle Link (#1345)
Preppy Handbook by Lisa Birnbach in SC does good but HC did great a while back (#1631)
Prince Caspian by C S Lewis - only in the earliest editions (#950)
Principles of Violin Playing and Teaching Galamian 1962 Prentice Hall (#747)
Principles of Scientific Management by Frederick Winslow Taylor (green cover = $$) (#768)
Process of Elimination - A Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Super Mystery (1998 Paperback) (#954-955)
Promise Me Tomorrow by Nora Roberts / J D Robb 1984 (#1215, 1217)
Prospero's Beer Bottling (Principals or Principles or Handbook?) (#978)
Professional and Amateur Archery Tournament... by George L Herter & Russell Hofmeister (#1027)
Pubblicita in Italia (Advertising in Italy), 1967/68 and other years (#726)
Pumpkin Moonshine by Tasha Tudor
Questions for My Father: Finding the Man behind your Dad by Vincent Staniforth (1998)
Race, Class, and the Struggle for Neighborhood in Washington DC by Nelson Kofie
Rachael Ray's Open House Cookbook
Radiotron Designers Handbook (4th ed only)
Ralph Steadman's Jelly Book by Ralph Steadman, used Library (#1024)
Rare and Unusual Fly Tying Materials, Vol. 2 by Paul Schmookler 1997 1st Ed (#1406)
Reader's Digest Merry Christmas Songbook (various years) (#1040-1)
Real Estate Opportunities by Edward Ruscha
Reality in Advertising by Rosser Reeves (#787)
Realm of Algebra by Isaac Asimov (#755)
Rebecca's World by Terry Nation (creator of Dr. Who)
Recuerdos de Santa Fe by Willard Clark
Redbook Magazine from the 1950's which contain Dr. Seuss stories (#913-14)
Red Rose of Ruvina by Violet Needham (#738)
Red Shoes For Nancy by Marguerite Hamilton (#757-758)
Regency Buck by Georgette Heyer (Audiobook)
Religions, Values by Maslow
Reminiscences Of A Stock Operator By Edwin Lefevre, copyright 1923, reprinted 1964 (#1744)
Reprisal by F Paul Wilson (1991) Dark Harvest/1st Ed (#956)
Researching the Family by Child Trends, Inc (Soft Cover)
Revenge of the Vampire by Keith Martin (Fighting Fantasy series higher than #50) (#1409)
Revolutionary Suicide by Huey P Newton (#780)
Ria by Felix Forrest
Rick Brant Science
Ritual Notes, Church of England 1946 (#1360)
Rivers of Memory by Harry Middleton
Roald Amundsen's The North west Passage, Vol. I&II 1908 (#1434)
Robison's Manual of Radio Telegraphy and Telephony 1919 Navy
Robotman cartoon books
Roswell High paperbacks with the tv series actors on the covers (#822-824)
Ruby & Sapphire by Richard Hughes, 1997 (#1499)
Runaway Bunny by Clifford and anything by the same author
Saint Maria Goretti by Her Mother - 2nd printing Pub by John S Burns 1951 (#1179)
Sales Closing Techniques by Les Dane
Sasquatch, The Apes Among Us by John Green (#753)
Schooners in Peril: True & Exciting Stories About Tall Ships/Great Lakes by James L. Donahue
Scofield Reference Bible, King James Edition (#775)
Sears' Christmas catalogs from the 1950's and 1960's (#1374)
Security Analysis (1st Editions) (#1-6, etc, 1028-1029, 1116, 1118)
Seduction Of The Innocent by Fredric Wertham
Seed Identification Manual by Alexander C. Martin and Wm D Barkely
Sew Beautiful Magazines or anything by Martha Pullen (#1345)
Shadow Ghost Makers by Little Big Book (1942, 1943)
Shadowmancer by G P Taylor
Shaggy B.E.M. Stories Edited by Mike Resnick
Sheet Metal Pattern Layouts Book (1957)
Shell Guide to Devon (the 1939 edition is 4 figures)
Shetland Lace by Gladys Amedro - 1st pub 1993; reprinted 1996 Soft cover (#1180)
Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
Silver Bullet by Stephen King(1985)PB 1st print (#846)
Sinden on Mushrooms
Singing Family of the Cumberlands by Jean Ritchie (1st Ed has music on rear of dj)
Sisters by Lynne Cheney (pb) (a lesbian tale of the old West)
Sixty Saints for Girls by Joan Windham - 1962 1st ed (#980-981)
Skin Summer by Dean Koontz as Ann Griffin (#960)
Skipping Village by Lois Lenski
Sky Soldier by Lawrence D Okendo (pb)
Smalltalk 80 - Addison Wesley programming books
Smart Trust Deed Investment in California by George Coats (1988)
Snow Angels by Stewart O'Nan [first edition]
Spanish Poetry by Manuel Machado
Spelling Bees by Albert Deane (1937) Illustrated by Dr Suess
Spencer Brown - Laws of Form
Splendid Isolation: Curious History of South American Mammals by George G Simpson (#727)
Sporting and Club House Guides
Spring Designer's Handbook (#748)
Steel Construction, American Institute of Steel Construction by Lee H. Miller (1928)
Stillwater by Alice Starmore
Stock Trading Wizard by Tony Oz
Stones of Summer by Dow Mossman
Sugarplum by Johanna Johnston
Suicide and Attempted Suicide ISBN's are: 0786709405 (SC) 0786704926 (Hardcover) (#892)
Sunset on Design (from the 50's and 60's (some 70's), keywords 'eames', or mod or retro)
Superman Meets JFK comic book issue #170 Jul1964 (#1036, 1102-3)
Supplementary Volume A, Volume 3 chemistry of double-bonded fuctional groups by Saul Patai
Swedish Carving Techniques by Wille Sundqvist (#1334)
Swedish Iron AKA Volo 1800 (car restoration manual/history) (#1580)
Sweet Life by Barry Manilow
Tamawaca Folks, by John Estes Cooke a pseudonym for L. Frank Baum (#1347)
Tarzan paperbacks
Technical Analysis of Stock Trends by Robert D. Edwards and John Magee First Edition 1948
T E Lawrence - His Orders, Decorations and Medals by Ronald D Knight (#716)
Tell-a-Tale book, The Good Night Book - vintage childrens book (#938)
Temeraire by Naomi Novik, London: Voyager, 2006. Hardcover 1st edition (#1236-1237)
Tested Recipe Cook Book by Mrs. Henry Lumpkin Wilson in 1895 (#979)
The Adventures of Tintin Red Rackman's Treasure Herge 1947 (#1563)
The Atoms and Matter Book by John Wiley Publication (#1309)
The Alaska Railroad by Bernadine Prince
The American Family Series by Jack Cavanaugh
The American Quarter Horse In Pictures (1969)
The Americans by Robert Frank
The Application of Tensors to the Analysis... by Gabriel Kron, GE Review 1938 (#1047)
The Art of Painting On Glass by Albinas Elskus in large-format softcover (#1140)
The Ashley Book of Knots
The Axis Deer in Texas by Ernest D Ables 1977 Softcover booklet (#1410)
The Bed Book by Sylvia Plath
The Better Homes and Gardens (design, 50's,60's,some 70's, keywords 'eames' or mod or retro)
The Big Bender by Charles Clapp Jr
The Big U by Neal Stephenson
The Big Tidy Up by Norah Smaridge (#732)
The Bikeriders by Danny Lyon
The Blueberry Pie Elf by Jane Thayer 1959/1961 Hardcover (#1511)
The Bounty Trilogy by Nordoff and Halls, NC Wyeth edition, trade/BCE (#812)
The Boy's Book of Pirates by George Alfred Williams, 1913 (#880-882)
The Boy Who Drew Cats by Lafcadio Hearn (1963)
The Butterfly Kid by Chester Anderson
The Butterfly Kid by Chester Anderson (#748)
The Car Builders Cyclopedia, Simmons Boardman Press (#799)
The Caroline books by Jane Carruth and Pierre Probst
The Carver Effect by Wolffgang Van Bober (#754)
The Catcher In The Rye (book club edition has photo of author on back on dustjacket)
The Catchers of Heaven by Michael Wolf - UFOs and government investigations
The Christmas Cookie Sprinkle Snitcher by Virgil Vip library copy (#789-791)
The Chronicles of Narnia by C S Lewis
The City Lies Four-Square by Edith Pargeter
The City Under the Back Steps by Evelyn Sidney Lampman (children's fantasy)
The Clansman by Thomas Dixon (1905) (basis for "Birth of a Nation" by D W Griffith)
The Color Purple by Alice Walker (1st Ed HB/DJ)
The Confidential Guide to Golf Courses by Tom Doak (#1426)
The Cycles of The Werewolf (pb)
The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown (#745-6) (book is now worthless #1529)
The Devil's Jug/The Crying Tree & Me by Ken Wayne Kite
The Duality Mystery
The Evergreen Tree by Gladys Taber (1937)
The Executioners by John D MacDonald
The FBI Pyramid from the Inside by W Mark Felt
The Future Is Ours, Comrade: Conversations with Russians by Joseph Novak [Jerzy Kosinski]
The Gang They Couldn't Catch by Debra Weyermann ISBN 0671731319 (#744)
The Gentleman's Companion Volume II... by Charles H Baker Jr an Ex-Lib HC (#1696)
The Ghost of Opalina or Nine Lives by Peggy Bacon (library book brought almost $200)
The Giant Golden Book of Elves and Fairies by Jane Werner (also #1402)
The Golden Treasury of Caroline and her Friends by Pierre Probst, 1961, good (#1372)
The Good Night Book, Tell-a-Tale book - vintage childrens book (#938)
The Gods of Egypt - Vols 1 & 2 by E.A. Wallis Budge, I believe 1901 (#862)
The Gods Of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs (#721)
The Granite Man and the Butterfly mm pb (#844)
The Great Blueness by Arnold Lobel (including Ex-Lib and library bindings)
The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald (Grosset & Dunlap reprint 1950?)(#905-9)
The Great House of Estraville by Violet Needham (Perhaps the rarest) (#738)
The Gully of Bluemansdyke + other stories by A. Conan Doyle Paperback 'Dime Novel' (#1142,1175)
The Gunslinger by Stephen King (1st HB w/D)
The Hate Factory, the Story of the New Mexico Penitentary Riot
The Heckler by Ed McBain
The Hell Fire Club by Daniel P Mannix, paperback (#917)
The History of Carleton College by Rev Delavan L Leonard, D D & Alumni Guide (#878-879)
The Horse and His Boy by C S Lewis
The Horse is Dead by Robert Klane
The Hot-Wired Dodo
The Indigenous Trees of the Hawaiian Islands by J F Rock (#1151-1153)
The Inheritance of Coat Color in Dogs by Clarence Little
The Initiation (paperback) by William W Johnstone (#786)
The Intelligent Man's Guide To Science: Vol 1 The Physical Sciences by Isaac Asimov
The Intelligent Man's Guide To Science: Vol 2 The Biological Sciences by Isaac Asimov
The Joy of Cooking - only before 1960 & good shape w/good dust jacket (#1422)
The Keepers of Light by William Crawford (subject is photography)
The King Ranch (in two volumes) by Tom Lea 4572931043 (#742)
The Land of Far Beyond (Dragon Books) by Enid Blyton - 1977 paperback (#1423)
The Last Battle by C S Lewis
The Library of Golf by Joseph S F Murdock
The Life of Washington the Great by Mason Locke (Parson) Weems 1806 Fifth Edition
The Life Work of Farmer Burns by ? a small red book, 1911, 1st Ed fine condition (#1397)
The Link Family by Paxson Link (#921-922)
The Lion's Paw by Robb White T-23 1962 Scholastic (#1229-1230)
The Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe by C S Lewis
The Little Prince Reynal & Hitchcock clothbound edition
The Mad Scene (set of 8 books) by Wm M. Gaines 1994 (#986)
The Magician's Nephew by C S Lewis
The Man in the Manhole by Juniper Sage (aka Margaret Wise Brown) (HB children's book)
The Memoirs of William Jennings Bryan, co-authored by his wife (1925)
The Most Powerful Man In The World by Glyn Roberts
The Mystery of Moma Island by Paul Buddee (#926)
The Mystery of Swordfish Reef by A W Upfield
The Mystery of the Deadly Double (Three Investigators ex-library book)
The Mystic Grimoire of Mighty Spells and Rituals by Frater Malak (#810)
The New Testament in Tibetan (#765)
The North American Indians by Ernest Berke
The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway 1st ed (#996)
Theory of Games and Economic Behavior by John Von Neuman
The Pearl by John Steinbeck
The Peter Max Book of Needlepoint by Peter Max & Susan Sommers Winer 1972 SC (#886, 889)
The Photomultiplier Handbook
The Pilates Method of Physical and Mental Conditioning by Philip Friedman and Gail Eisen
The Pink Dress by Anne Alexander
The Pink Maple House by Christine Noble Govan (children's)
The Probability Pad by T. A. Waters (#748)
The Rape of the Mind, The Psychology of Thought Control, M & B by Joost Meerloo M.D. (#751)
The Real Romanovs by Gleb Botkin
The Regency Companion - Laudermilk & Hamlin (#719)
The Rhodesian Ridgeback: The Origin, History and Standard of the Breed by T C Hawley
The Rice Diet
The Rise of Silas Lapham by W R Howells
The River, A Journey to the Source of HIV and Aids, by Edward Hooper (#1571)
The Road to the Somme, The Ulster Division by Philip Orr
The Savoy Cocktail Book - Compiled by Harry Craddock 1930 (#1010)
The Scholastic Analysis of Usury by John Thomas Noonan 1957 (#1644)
The Secret Man by Frank Dux
The Secret of the Roan Inish by Rosalie Fry small Junior series (Hyperion pb for Children 1995)
The Secret of the White Peacock by Violet Needham (#738)
The Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton (1st Ed is white cloth binding ONLY)
The Short-Timers by Gustav Hasford (pb or hb) (Stanley Kubrick 1987 film, Full Metal Jacket)
The Silver Chair by C S Lewis
The Simple Solution to Rubik's Cube by James G Nourse 1981 Paperback (#1117)
The Sonneberg Run by George Robert Elford
The Stock Trader by Tony Oz
The Stones of Summer by Dow Mossman
The Taking by Dean Koontz a signed limited edition (#960)
The Teacher of Greeting Cards of All Kinds by D M Campana (pb)
The Tennessee Valley Authority-A Study in Public Adm. by C. Herman Pritchett 1st ed (#845)
The Theory Of The Leisure Class by Thorstein Veblen
The Three Investigators (various titles)
The Three Princes of Serendip by Elizabeth Jamison Hodges
The Turbulent Years: History of the American Worker by Bernstein
The Turkey Hunter's Bible (Outdoor Bible Series) by John E. Phillips (#717-718)
The Ultimate Helm by Russ T. Howard (paperback) (#763)
The Unfair Advantage by Mark Donohue (car racing) (#1000,1002-3)
The Unicorn Girl by Michael Kurland (#748)
The Untold Story by Evelyn Nesbit 1934
The Violin Hunter by William Alexander Silverman
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C S Lewis
The Washingtons and Their Homes by John W. Wayland
The Water of Life - A Treatise on Urine-Therapy 2nd Ed by John W Armstrong 1944 HC (#1155-6)
The Weaving Book by Helene Bress 1981 acceptable condition (#1600)
The Wild Turkey in Virginia by Mosby and Handley 1st Ed 1943 Good (#1098-9)
The Winter Sport of Skeeing by Theodore A Johnsen 1905 (#1145)
The Woman's Bible in two volumes by Elizabeth Cady Stanton
The Wonderful Adventures of Little Prince Toofat by George R Chester (also #1075-6, 1085-6)
The Wonderful Fashion Doll by Laura Bannon 1953 (also #1639)
The Young Trailers by Joseph A. Altsheler 1921 1st in series of 8 (#920)
Thicker'n Thieves by Charles Stoker 1st ed 1951 Good condition (#1068-74, 1084)
Think Your Way To Wealth by Napoleon Hill 1948 1st Ed HB (#797)
This Is Karate by Masutatsu Oyama
Thought & Wisdom (Systems Inquiry Series) by Churchman, C. West (#1048-9, 1057)
Thread Magic by Ellen Ann Eddy
Through the Eyes of Number Two by Mickey Guidry
Tilings and Patterns by Branko Grunbaum
Time-Saver Standards for Landscape Architecture by Charles W Harris, Nicholas T Dines
To Drop A Dime by Paul Hoffman and Ira Pecznick, ex-library copy (#1421)
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee 1st Ed Book Club edition w/fake dj (#1126-7)
Too Funny To Be President by Mo Udall
Trail To Nowhere By Jack Ketchum (small western hb)
Trinity by Leon Uris (autographed) (#854)
Trixie Belden (anything related) (only #30 and greater per #1597)
Tropical Storm by Melissa Good (pb)
Trouble for Trumpets by Peter Dallas-Smith, illustrated by Peter Cross
Troubleshooting and Repairing Electronic Music Synthesizers (pb)
Twice Told Tales by Nathaniel Hawthorne (c 1853)
Underwater Dance Photography
USS Wasp CV-18 Aircraft Carrier w/Photos of WWII (similar to a yearbook) (#999)
V by Pynchon Thomas
Verve Magazines, published between 1937-1960 (#1387)
Victoria magazine, 1st issue from 1987 -Victorian themed home/garden/lifestyle magazine (#965)
Vintage American and European Watch Guide by Roy & Sherry Ehrhardt- any edition (#846)
Vintage Weddings by Daniela Turudich 1920-1959 era (#796, 798)
Visionaire Magazine (#1395)
Vogue's Book of Houses,Gardens,People photographed by HORST/text by Valentine Lawford
Wagner the Wehr-Wolf by GW Reynolds, Dover 1975
Walking Tall by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
Way Station by Clifford D. Simak
We of Bendix - 1960 UAW history (#1360)
What Is Karate? by Masutatsu Oyama
What You Ought to Know About Your Baby
Where Passion Leads by Lisa Kleypas (1987) Paperback Good Condition (#1034-5)
Who Gets The Drumstick? by Helen Beardsley (in pb or hb) (#896)
Winesburg Ohio
Winter Song
Wiped Out. How I Lost a Fortune in the Stock Market... An Anonymous Investor 1966
Witch of the Glen by Sally Watson (#795)
Wolf Whistle And Other Stories by William Huie, 1959 1st edition paperback (#1357)
Wonderland Gambit: Hot Wired Dodo by Jack Chalker
Woodland Fungi by W. P. K. Findlay; Publisher: Frederick Warne & Co. LTD; 1967 (#1058)
Workhorse of the Western Front (a WWII Batallion history book) (#828-9)
Yo Yo Instructional Booklet published by Duncan Yo Yo Company
You're Stepping on My Cloak and Dagger by Roger Hall
You Should Have Been Here an Hour Ago by Phil Edwards (1967)
Your Magic Power to Persuade and Command People by Vernon Howard (#722)
Zon Power - Neo Tech books - also published under the title "Zon Power" (#731)

Author:
Abrash - Zen of Assembly Language
Aldin, Cecil - rag books, published ca 1913 by Deans Rag Books (#1564, #1750-1)
Altsheler, Joseph (fiction)
Bandler - Neuro Linguistic Programming (#731)
Beranek - Acoustics books
Brent-Dyer, Elinor - British children's books from the 1940s and 1950s (#738)
Brown, Dan - Angels & Demons, The DaVinci Code, etc (#745-6) (books are now worthless #1529)
Capra, Frank (autobiography)
Carle, Eric - Any kids book
Chow - Hydrology & Hydraulics titles
Colvin/Stanley - Machine shop titles
Connelly - Machine Tool Reconditioning
Cussler, Clive - 2 in 1 reprint of "Iceberg" and "The Mediterranean Caper" c 1997 reprint (#1080)
Edwards, Monica - British children's books from the 1940s and 1950s (#738)
Fox, Virgil - organ book
Glasstone - Effects of Nuclear Weapons, 3rd Edition
Grey, Zane - Walter Black Books (in large numbers) (#747) 1st eds of various works (#966)
Grinder - Neuro Linguistic Programming (#731)
Grunbaum - Tilings & Patterns
Haig-Brown, Roderick - Some 1st ed books on fishing sell high $ c 1930-40's (#1082)
Haskins, Sam - photography books (#934)
Hill, Napoleon - Think your Way To Wealth 1948 1st Ed HB (#797)
Hoerner - Fluid Dynamic Drag & Fluid Dynamic Lift
Hool - Movable and Long Span Steel Bridges
Hubbard, L Ron - reference books about grammar and spelling (1990)
Hudson - Engineers manuals any
James, Will - 1st edition (#839)
Kant (philosophy)
Kent's Mechanical Engineers Handbook - 12ed
King - Geared To the Stars
Kohl - vacuum and particle accelerator (#799)
LeSieg, Theo
Lewis, Sinclair
Linebarger, P M A (Paul Myron Anthony) (Smith, Cordwainer was his pseudonym)
Luckiesh - Light and lighting titles
Loomis, Andrew - art instruction books, any edition prior to 1970 (#1695, 1706)
Maritain (philosophy)
Martinez, Matt - cookbooks
Max, Peter - needlepoint (#886, 889)
McCarthy, Cormac
Meader, Stephen W
Meyer, Joyce
Monin & Yaglom - Statistical Fluid Mechanics
Morse & Feshbach - Methods of Theoretical Physics (2 volumes)
Neale - Dunaway, Reminiscences of a Rebel 1913 (#784, 785)
Needham, Violet - Children's books (#738)
Niles & Newell - Airplane Structures
Norman, John - GOR pb books
Oke, Janette (Even PB's)
Olson, H - Any acoustics and audio titles
Olson, Helena - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (#740)
Peckner - Handbook of Stainless Steels
Peele - Mining Engineers' Handbook - any
Peery - Aircraft Structures
Peterson, Tracie - Bells of Lowell Series (Even PB's)
Pina - Dead Mac Scrolls
Price, Evadne - British children's author of the 1940's
Pullen, Martha - Sew Beautiful Magazines or anything by Martha Pullen (#1345)
Radford, William - Architecture books
Raisin, Agatha - mystery stories
Rajneesh/Osho - Rajneesh Foundation (#740)
Roark - Formulas For Stress and Strain - any edition
Rose, Joshua - Machine shop titles
Rosebury - vacuum and particle accelerator (#799)
Scarry, Richard
Schopenhauer (philosophy)
Seuss, Dr - children books 1st edition
Seuss, Dr - Redbook Magazine from the 1950's which contain Dr. Seuss stories (#913-14)
Shand - Glass engineering handbook
Sienkiewicz, Elly - Embroidery
Skinner (philosophy)
Smith, Cordwainer (Pseudonym for Dr. Paul Myron Anthony Linebarger)
Sparks, Nicholas - romance
Spinoza (philosophy)
Starmore, Alice - knitting books
Steinmetz - Electrical Engineering titles
Taggart, A - Handbook of Mineral Dressing
Taggart, R - Ship design and construction
Terhune, Albert Payson
Thigpen, S. G. (son of Julia Thigpen) (#811, 813, 815)
Thompson, Allyn J - telescopes (#710)
Timoshenko - All titles and editions of engineering books
Townsend - Dudley's Gear Handbook
Tremaine - Audio Encyclopedia (2nd edition only)
Tudor, Tasha
Waddell - Bridge Titles
Wallace - Poker Playing - Neo Tech books - also published under the title "Zon Power" (#731)
Warren, Neil Clark (eharmony.com's founder)
Welch, Ronald
Wentworth, Patricia - Early (1920's or so) mystery novels (#1485)
Winrod, Gerald B - religious pamphlets around 1940 (#1301)
Zimmerman - PGP Source Code & Internals

Subject:
Airplane manuals from the 40's
Alcohol Distillation
Alice Cooper bio - i passed on is worth $1000! (#807)
Amateur Radio - Heath Nostalgia by Terry Perdue (pb) (#895)
Architectural Graphic Standards - any edition
Asbestos (in any reference title) (wealthy injury-settlement lawyers collecting on this subject?)
Automobiles - Owner's Manual for the Datsun 280Z -1996 Subaru Legacy service manual (#735)
Baseball - Barry Halper Collection of Baseball Memorabilia - Sotheby's auction preview books
Bell System Books & Journals
Belly Dancing
Bible, Scofield Reference - King James Edition (#775)
BiographyOfJoan Crawford,John Denver,Nelson Eddie,Jeannette McDonald,Audie Murphy(#966)
Bondage themes and/or cover art sell extremely well
Bridge design & construction
Catalogs - Sears' Christmas catalogs from the 1950's and 1960's (#1374)
Children - Little Golden Books and similar children's books - early printings (#799)
Children's books, British from the 1940s and 1950s - Edwards, Brent-Dyer (#738)
Children's books by Violet Needham (#738)
Civil Defense booklets, before the cold war (#1396)
College School Yearbooks (#776-778, 781)
Coloring Books - The Munsters published by Whitman, 1965, unused, VG (#1655)
Comic Books - Giles: Sunday Express & Daily Express Cartoons - US Air Force Edition (#1703)
Coins - see Numismatics
Cookbooks by individual temples and other Jewish organizations, older ones (#1290)
Cookbooks by Matt Martinez
Cookbooks - old Whitehouse (#747)
Cookbooks, southern living
Cosmetics formulation & manufacturing
Dams design & construction
Decorating books from the 50's, 60's and 70's (keywords: retro, atomic, eames, decorating)
Derrydale Press 'nature' books (including hunting books) from the 1920's, 1930's (#1380)
Diet - Dr. Phil's weight loss books
Egypt, old books, especially its religion (#862)
Electric Motors
Electroplating
Embroidery
Engineering handbooks
Explosives & Pyrotechnics
Firearms
Forth Language & programming
Gay - Any vintage 50's-60's related homosexual stories generate unbelievable prices (#747)
Glass manufacturing & scientific glassblowing
Golden Book - Golden Guides: Hallucinogenic Plants by Schultes (#731)
Golden Books - Charles Harper illustrated Giant Golden Books (#1354)
Golden Books - especially rare is Animal Kingdom (#1354)
Gold mining & ore processing
Graphic Design - Pubblicita in Italia (Advertising in Italy), 1967/68 and other years (#726)
Hallucinogenic Plants (Golden Book - Golden Guides) by Schultes (#731)
Home machinists &hobbyists - International Correspondence School Textbooks, ICS books(#799)
Homeowner - vintage concrete containers/planters/stepping stones/patios/fences (Mid century)
Horse breeding and racing (especially 1960's and older)
Horse racing/betting (pb)
Infertility & parenting after infertility
Karate aka Kuk Sool Won - martial arts, photos (#1052-1055)
Knitting - vintage German Lace Knitting patterns, in the German language (#1651)
Lathes (old pb sold for over $50)
Magazines - Famous Monsters of Filmland (#1590)
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi - by Helena Olson (#740)
Manufacturing
Maps from encyclopedias (pre-1919) and 'breaking-out' state and city maps
Mathematics Graduate & research level
Medical pamphlets - early chiropractic and osteopath materials -- say before 1930 (#1583)
Meteorites
Michael Jackson, Jackson family, Jackson Five (#1733)
Mine Safety Equip. 1953 catalog ASBESTOS
Mormon Encyclopedias, two large volumes, brand new (#847)
'nature' books (including hunting books) Derrydale Press from the 1920's, 1930's (#1380)
Needle craft books by Better Homes
Needlepoint books by Peter Max (#886, 889)
Neo Tech books - also published under the title "Zon Power" (#731)
Neuro Linguistic Programming - main authors are Bandler and Grinder (#731)
New Testament - in Tibetan (#765)
Nintendo Player's Guides - a booklet, especially The Legend of Zelda (#1218)
Numismatic "Red" & "Blue" Books, especially Reds - older copies in the 50s (#733, 739, 741+3)
Oil drilling equipment (I think it was published in the 1920s) (#866)
Operators Manuals from the Military...
Optical Telescopes
Organ book - Virgil Fox
Pattern book, or leaflet, vintage with a unique title (#901, 1278)
Perfume
Peruvian novels of the 1920s
Pest Control Industry - Mallis Handbook of Pest Control, written for the pest control industry
Poker Playing - Wallace - Neo Tech books - also published under the title "Zon Power" (#731)
Popular Fiction in Large Print
Precious Metals, mining & ore processing - any
Puppetry books
Railroad books (surveys, map books from 1850 to 1900)
Railroads - Simmons Boardman published many books on railroads (#799)
Relativity - good luck with all 1920s books with 'Relativity' in the title, esp written by Einstein
Rhulman, a french designer of furniture and architect (#862, 864)
Road maps by Michelin and others, many newer ones have ISBN's (see (old) Maps above)
Rock climbing - 50 Classic Climbs of North America by Steve Roper and Allen Steck
Romance novels published by Ellora's Cave feature an erotica-type storyline (#1647)
Science fiction - Gregg Press hardbacks late 1970's-1980's, even exlib copies (#1247)
Scuba diving - vintage 1960 manuals
Secret clubs, fraternities, sororities, and societies - Membership directories (#1686)
Sewing Machines - How to Repair Sewing Machines
Sheet Metal Patterns
Signal Processing any from 1970-present
Software Quality Assurance which the combined three last sold for $280
Solar Heating that last sold for $85
Spanish sell very well and are often overlooked, basically any book, too
Speaker Construction
Spiritualism, spirit mediums, ghosts, psychic phenomena, life after death (1890's +)
Sports books (especially those issued by the navy during WWII)
Sports books, first book on a sport. ex: skiing, skating, ice hockey or Hoyle's on golf (#1145)
Telescope Making
Tesla - any books about
Time Magazine - famous people such as with C.S. Lewis on cover 08 Sep 1947 (#1310)
Tube Amplifier construction & reference
UFO - hardback with line-drawings and dj (from the 1950s) (#866, 1663)
Vacuum tubes - technical books on speaker design, stereo manuals, car repair manuals, etc (#1417)
War Games - Dungeons & Dragons or Avalon Hill - just about any role playing material (#733)
Western - Classics of the Old West by Time-Life, partial set of 23 reprints (#1007)
West Point Military Academy yearbooks (#892) HOWITZER
Winnie the Pooh, bound book of 6 editions of St Nicholas magazine, Nov 1924 - Apr 1925 (#918)
Yearbook - Chinchilla News C.A.A.'s National Yearbook (1952-1953) (#990-994)
Yearbook - USS Wasp CV-18 Aircraft Carrier w/Photos of WWII (similar to a yearbook) (#999)
Yearbook - West Point Military Academy yearbooks (#892)
Yeti - Mount Everest 1951 Expedition by Eric Shipton-famousfor2photos of Yeti footprints(#752)
Yeti - Sasquatch, The Apes Among Us by John Green (#753)
Message 1755 of 1,978
latest reply