Start a new thread with this question.

It's a good one.

Message 1051 of 1,978
latest reply

A book that looks like nothing.

mariec772
Enthusiast
MARIEC ??? What are you asking? "How about ..."

Do we think it is "A book that looks like nothing"???

or How about adding it to the list? ... about which is the only reason for the existance of this thread. You give no figures that show it to qualify. You don't show to have this for sale or recently sold, nor does it show on E-bay in open or closed autions.

Again to what end is your post?

It is.....A book that looks like nothing that has already been sold: but, on another site...it sold an hour after I listed it. Just a thin SC book. I never had a chance to list it on EBay....I hope you are satisfied with this addition to my input on this discussion board. Thanks for your concern. Have you looked the book up at all??
Message 1052 of 1,978
latest reply

Here's one I sold recently for $90: (290073556270) Woodland Fungi 1967, Ilust. by Beatrix Potter. Author: W. P. K. Findlay; Publisher: Frederick Warne & Co. LTD; Copyright Date: 1967
Message 1053 of 1,978
latest reply

rarebooks0812
Enthusiast
This may be a feaux pa (in fact this spelling may be an error as well though not in decorum) So Books that look like nothing!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=2700...

Sorry about the mess, don't have time right now to figure out how to make it read Apple's Europe: An Uncommon Guide By R.W. Apple. Look's like any old guide, but check out the Ebay Store listings for this book!

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=Apple%27s+Europe
Message 1054 of 1,978
latest reply

Apple's Europe, an Uncommon Guide by RW Apple Jr 1st ed did not sell on Feb 28th with a opening price of 14.95 and 5.00 shipping. It is the same one that is listed now at 9.98 with one bid.

In evaluating values of items, it makes me a lot happier seeing items that have sold for a large amount, rather than those that are priced at a high amount. The fact that it did not sell for 15.00 last time is not a total sum of the value either, but it makes a strong challenge to its place on this list.
Message 1055 of 1,978
latest reply

The Sept. 4, 1939 issue of Life Magazine contains nearly the entire book, Madeline, by Ludwig Bemelmans. Since the magazine clearly pre-dates the publication of the book (as noted in the article), it has collector interest. Copies can be obtained fairly inexpensively on eBay.

See http://blogs.ebay.com/zlinda/home/_W0QQentrysyncidZ130567016 for photos.
Message 1056 of 1,978
latest reply

debsfinebooks
Enthusiast
Came across this just recently when I've been trying to buy a copy for my daughter in Norway--

Mothering Multiples
by Karen Gromada, 1999 edition, trade paperback

#280085786093 has a picture of the cover

There is also an earlier 1985 edition of this book about mothering twins that sells for $15-20. Both are out of print and scarce, though the more recent edition is more comprehensive and in demand. There will be a new edition released, but not until October 2007.
Message 1057 of 1,978
latest reply

I am wondering how up-to-date the current list is? Does someone erase the books that are no longer that sellable? Surely they don't stay on a high forever....I appreciate knowing what is no longer worth looking for.Or does this question belong somewhere else? Thanks, Linda (falinda)
Message 1058 of 1,978
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
falinda: Never updated or culled.

There are many books on the list that really are nothing,
many that are not much of something,
there are some that used to be something, but now are nothing,
and some that actually do look like something and are.
Message 1059 of 1,978
latest reply

Use the thread as a starting point . . . .
Message 1060 of 1,978
latest reply

Thanks, folks. I really appreciate your helping me. Ebay AND bookselling is a very interesting vocation/game. Linda (falinda)
Message 1061 of 1,978
latest reply

pam7779
Enthusiast
Hello, I find this Post so interesting,Thanks. I was wondering if anyone has heard of a Book called "The Life and Death of Jason" by William Morris. It is dated 1876 and is one long poem (307) pages. The copy I have was owned by someone who stamped From the Library of R.C. DuBois. Would appreciate any information that someone might have!!
Message 1062 of 1,978
latest reply

This is a book that certainly looks like nothing! But is it a Book That Looks Like Nothing?

Thicker'n Thieves, by Charles Stoker, copyright 1951, (pub.) Sidereal Company, tan cloth hard cover, somewhat soiled, faded boards, shaken but intact, no DJ.

It's got a FFEP penciled gift inscription "To Jack from Charlie" but that's probably a coincidence.

Searching Alibris, Addall, and Abebooks, I find there are maybe two copies out there for sale. Range $350- to $450-.

And I had it marked $7.50 when I took it to the last show I did. LA police dept 1940's corruption/history/memoir.

Guidance please. Listing tips? Start at? Is this real? I only list on eBay so this is my only shot, want to get it right.

Taj
Message 1063 of 1,978
latest reply

tajfellion:

http://tinyurl.com/2h65vr

I don't know if this helps, but the book has ties to the famous Black Dahlia murder in LA. According to the site I linked, it's maybe biased as to the facts. Still, I bet BD fans would be interested in another take on the story.

Can't help you with the price. Sorry.

Pat
Message 1064 of 1,978
latest reply

Thanks Buby, it's an interesting site. I hadn't thought of the connection although I've read many of the BD books. I'll be sure to mention this angle. Evidently his book speaks to the 'maybe yes, may be no' abortion doctor. (I've scanned, not read, the book.) And not surprised he's biased. Seems to go with the territory when one is fired.

Still hoping to get some listing tips.

Giving a shout out to Satnrose: Joel, help! Anybody?

Taj
Message 1065 of 1,978
latest reply