satnrose
Guide
There are quite a few books that don't look like anything special. Here's one:

Security Analysis

Message 1 of 1,978
latest reply
1,977 REPLIES 1,977

A book that looks like nothing.

Here's one for you that I just ran across while researching.

The Savoy Cocktail Book , Compiled by Harry Craddock, Illustrated by Gilbert Rumbold , Constable, London, 1930. Lowe & Drydon Printers, 8vo, approx. 9" by 6", 288 pages.
Final value $172.50, 7 unique bidders.
Message 1006 of 1,978
latest reply

mariec772
Enthusiast
I am not sure this is the correct spot to post this but here goes.....has anyone ever seen a copy of The Master Key by Charles F. Haanel??? I am talking about one of the original 200,000. I have searched time and time again but I have never seen it online. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
Message 1007 of 1,978
latest reply

'J.R. McChesney: A Lifetime, A Legacy' by Lee C. Jacobs, 1994, 140 pages. Softcover. A little book about a Texas spur maker. The softcover edition I sold (1st edition, signed) went for $150+ on eBay a couple years ago. It was in the 50-cent box at an estate sale. There's one copy on AddALL, a hardback, 1995 printing, listed at $795.
Message 1008 of 1,978
latest reply

What is an FOL sale?

Is it a library book sale?

Thanks for any info!
Message 1009 of 1,978
latest reply

FOL means Friends of the Library.
Message 1010 of 1,978
latest reply

Thanks for the info, beadknitter!

I appreciate it!
Message 1011 of 1,978
latest reply

Chilly Billy, a softcover children's book by Peter Mayle, has just closed at nearly $100. Item 220065913791. These are listed on the fixed price sites at several hundred dollars, even for the softcover versions.

I have a different one (Footsteps in the Butter), of which there are very few the fixed sites, also at huge prices, and am looking at listing it on eBay (I normally only sell on the main New Zealand auction site.)

Would this be of such high interest because of Peter Mayle?
Message 1012 of 1,978
latest reply

Japanese Print Making, Yoshida & Yuki 1966. Sold today on best offer for $85.
Message 1013 of 1,978
latest reply

Denim Design Lab by Brian Robbins
Message 1014 of 1,978
latest reply

I just thought of two more:

Number Knitting by Virginia Bellamy. 1950. About a year ago, this one was selling for around $50 on ebay. I got mine at around that time for $10 via addall.com from some seller who did not know what he had, apparently. The copies were not on eBay so much...it was THAT rare. They actually used to be very hard to find at any price. Now, however, the word is out and I am seeing copies on addall.com for around $200.

Modular Crochet by Judith Copeland. 1978. Copies routinely sell for $80 and up on eBay. I bought mine at list price maybe about 3 years ago from the publisher that bought out the inventory of the original publisher. I found out about that source from some eBayer who did not want to pay the high prices for which it was selling on eBay. I imagine that the current publisher/distributor has caught on to its value by now, but I have not followed up.

Interestingly, I bought a copy of the book when it was first published. I worked in a library and we could order books through the library's acquisitions dept. and just pay for them when they arrived. However, if we were not fast, the books' dustwrappers got tossed before we got our copies. So 3 years ago I wanted to get a copy with a dustwrapper and bought that one mentioned above. Then I sold my original one on eBay. I think I got $60 for it then, but the prices just keep going up. I guess I should have hung onto it for a while longer.

Both of these books definitely look like nothing!

Message 1015 of 1,978
latest reply

What do you mean by "solicitation"?

Where does it say in her message that zlinda is selling those issues of that magazine or anything else? I was glad to see that posting because I do sometimes come across magazines at the thrift store. Or is it that we should not mention magazines, but rather only books?

If you are pushing to have the message taken off of the forum, thanks for the head's up. I'll be sure to save the information elsewhere.

Message 1016 of 1,978
latest reply

zenfor
Enthusiast
What do you mean by "solicitation"?
I agree, it should be removed ASAP as it's clearly a solicitation for the books they are trying to sell. It has no place on this forum and is just a waste of everyone's time.
Message 1017 of 1,978
latest reply

Actually the size of these threads are pretty much unlimited. Some have been in the tens of thousands.

Even though the post is now gone, I have never seen zlinda trying to sell the items she has posted, at the time she posted them.

IMHO magazines are just as good as books, and do have a place here too.

The more knowledge we can stuff in our brains about different types of items, the better it is for all of us.
Message 1018 of 1,978
latest reply

Any info is good, one never knows what they will run across at sales and isn't the point behind this thread to help out fellow Ebayers?
www.tigercreek.org

Halloween countdown banner
Message 1019 of 1,978
latest reply

mayray
Enthusiast
Here are two more additions:

Ralph Steadman's Jelly Book, by Ralph Steadman
My used library book is worth about $30.

Professional and Amateur Archery Tournament and Hunting Instructions and Encyclopedia, by George Leonard Herter and Russell Hofmeister
Just sold an unremarkable copy of this on Amazon for $32.
Message 1020 of 1,978
latest reply